[Baseband/Radio] UGKK7

Search This thread

bakedjake

Oct 21, 2009
Hi all,

Picked up my phone from a Bell retail store today. I noticed that I have a baseband that doesn't seem to match anything I've seen here so far.

Unfortunately I have to take this one back tomorrow (the top right joint where the molded side pieces come together is splitting apart!), but if it helps I can do a dump tonight before I take it back. Please let me know if anyone is interested - I'm new to Android but would like to start getting involved.

build.prop:

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=ITL41D
ro.build.display.id=ITL41D.I9250UGKK7
ro.build.version.incremental=I9250UGKK7
ro.build.version.sdk=14
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.1
ro.build.date=Fri Nov 18 20:54:44 KST 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1321617284
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=se.infra
ro.build.host=SEP-82
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=yakjuux
ro.product.device=maguro
ro.product.board=tuna
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap4
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=maguro
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=yakjuux-user 4.0.1 ITL41D I9250UGKK7 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuux/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/I9250UGKK7:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard

EDIT:

Radio_UGKK7_I9250-CWM.zip (posted by perka)

8227bfdc068ecdd70cd2b6bd87c8b4db

Last edited by a moderator:

DvTonder

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
Yes, please post the bell modem. I am using the international version and it works fine but I think it will be better to use the Bell sanctioned modem.

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
definitely appreciate if you can dump the radio from the Bell device

i'm also using the international device on Rogers, so it would be good to see how the Bell radio works in Canada (i'd guess its more optimized?)

I walked into a Bell store today to play around with their demo model but they somehow disabled the settings button so i couldnt check.

I also noticed your device comes with ITL41D and not ITL41F with the volume fix. Oh well, just wanted to point it out

LadFromWales85

Feb 3, 2005
Wales, UK Earth, The Universe
Unfortunately I have to take this one back tomorrow (the top right joint where the molded side pieces come together is splitting apart!)...

Are you sure it is? I was lucky enough to have four Galaxy Nexus in my possession at the same time, and all four had differing 'obviousness' of the seams that join the plastic together.
I could only choose between two of these, as the other two were on a network I'd since discovered was poor in two places I frequent...but, of the two remaining, one had obvious seams and the other didn't. On the obvious one, I was like "wtf a crack on the top right corner!", but after looking at it under various lights and angles, it occurred to me that the seam is simply more noticeable than the others.

Reactions: yyz71

bakedjake

Oct 21, 2009

There's a visible crack and I can feel it running my finger along the top. It's enough that it will bug me when I hold the phone, so it's going back for exchange.

---

How do I dump the radio? I've done some searching and it seems that lots of people use dd on /dev/mtd... but I see many references to 5 vs 0.

should I just dd /dev/mtd/mtd0? If not, please advise (or point me in the right direction with regards to documentation)

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
I picked up my Galaxy Nexus from Virgin yesterday and it came with the XXKK7 radio as well. I'm more than happy to dump it if someone let's me know how. (I'm coming from a Nexus One with an ENG bootloader, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it the same way, i.e., using fastboot saveprt2sd?)

Last edited:

BrainShutdown

Apr 18, 2007
There's a visible crack and I can feel it running my finger along the top. It's enough that it will bug me when I hold the phone, so it's going back for exchange.

---

How do I dump the radio? I've done some searching and it seems that lots of people use dd on /dev/mtd... but I see many references to 5 vs 0.

should I just dd /dev/mtd/mtd0? If not, please advise (or point me in the right direction with regards to documentation)

In Galaxy Nexus the radio is located in

/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio

so using dd it would be

dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/radio of=/sdcard/radio.img

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Confirmed working. Gives normal speeds:

111727624.png

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010
failed to flash via fastboot..

I dumped my own radio using DD and the size is exactly the same.. but the other radio.img I have is only 12MB.. and it will flash..

Tubes6al4v

Oct 13, 2009
There seem to be two different radios referenced in this thread: UGKK7 & XXKK7. Efrant, can you post your radio as well, so we can have a look at both?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Picked up my phone from a Bell retail store today. I noticed that I have a baseband that doesn't seem to match anything I've seen here so far.

Unfortunately I have to take this one back tomorrow (the top right joint where the molded side pieces come together is splitting apart!), but if it helps I can do a dump tonight before I take it back. Please let me know if anyone is interested - I'm new to Android but would like to start getting involved.

build.prop:

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=ITL41D
    ro.build.display.id=ITL41D.I9250UGKK7
    ro.build.version.incremental=I9250UGKK7
    ro.build.version.sdk=14
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=4.0.1
    ro.build.date=Fri Nov 18 20:54:44 KST 2011
    ro.build.date.utc=1321617284
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=se.infra
    ro.build.host=SEP-82
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=yakjuux
    ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.board=tuna
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=omap4
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=maguro
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=yakjuux-user 4.0.1 ITL41D I9250UGKK7 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuux/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/I9250UGKK7:user/release-keys
    ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard

EDIT:

Radio_UGKK7_I9250-CWM.zip (posted by perka)

8227bfdc068ecdd70cd2b6bd87c8b4db
    Can someone post CWM flashable zip (UGKL1 radio) please? can't get to my PC anytime soon. Thanks ;)

Here it is!
    Yeah the link on the original post by perka is dead. And the other file is a download of the image not the radio itself. When I try to install it doesn't work.
    I need a link to the actual zip file that works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attached.
    Alright, I've posted it here

http://jake.io/android/UGKK7.img [16 MB]
    Anyone else receive an update recently to UGKL1? Just got the phone yesterday where it had KK7, and today after an OTA update it's KL1.

Yes, there have been confirmations from users on Bell and Virgin Mobile that they got an OTA update to UGKL1.

For those who are waiting for the OTA, you can also choose to manually update:
    http://android.clients.google.com/p...73ab08a37.yakjuux_update_ITL41D_to_ITL41F.zip

To be clear, this file is for yakjuux builds.