[Baseband/Radio] XXKL1

Search This thread

Mazzstrikers

Oct 16, 2011
Anyone from Asia tried this baseband on a GSM nexus? Gonna try flashing today. I live in Singapore and XXKK6 is really bull****. Signal strength is terrible, and my data often drops to the 3G or G standard, while my Xperia Arc got a consistent H in the same areas. Wi-Fi signal strength is equally lousy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

wilsonlam97

Jul 11, 2010
Toronto
This radio sucks!

No offence. My speeds dropped horribly.

I'm on Mobilicity here in Canada. Upload went down. From .50mbps to .04mbps.

XXKK6 ftw!
thanks though. Without this radio (i had to go back to stock radio which needed fastboot) I wouldn't of gotten around installing the android sdk. now flashing should be a breeze.

kingofnima

Feb 25, 2010
Flashed it last night. After making a quick call right after disconnecting the phone from the charger, my battery decreased like crazy. The backside got quite hot too. I restarted the phone again and it stopped. Will give it a full day of use tomorrow and see what I end up with in terms of battery life.

Oh and I am in the Netherlands in case anybody is wondering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

samnexuss

Mar 17, 2012
how can i flashed a new baseband. i just bout a used nexus s 9020a with ics and i have signal issues. thus i want to flash a new baseband. help me!

M

mudferret

how can i flashed a new baseband. i just bout a used nexus s 9020a with ics and i have signal issues. thus i want to flash a new baseband. help me!

Two choices: flash via cwm (baseband must be a cwm flash able zip, assumes you're rooted and have cwm) OR flash the radio img via fastboot.

Remoteconcern

May 27, 2011

I might be being over-cautious here, but remember this is the Galaxy Nexus forum, not Nexus S!

Mudferret's methods to flash baseband are the same, just make sure you've got the right modem for the job first.

dj_ghosie

Mar 14, 2009
Hong Kong
Anyone from Asia tried this baseband on a GSM nexus? Gonna try flashing today. I live in Singapore and XXKK6 is really bull****. Signal strength is terrible, and my data often drops to the 3G or G standard, while my Xperia Arc got a consistent H in the same areas. Wi-Fi signal strength is equally lousy.

I've been using the KL1 in both China and Hong Kong for a couple of months with no problem at all.

Better reception.

humayooshah

Jun 21, 2012
Karachi

I am From Pakistan-Karachi and i bought my GSM nexus which was originally on XXKK1 and i was having terrible signals drops 10 times a day mostly. so i got to know about this radio and flashed it, now everything works fine and signals remain stable even in my room where i used to have just 1 bar on my Nexus S
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Radio XXKL1

Europe-December-Revision 1
    Latest radio you can get at the moment previous versions were from november.
    Thanks to lordofcamster for sharing.

Flashable CWM

Filesize = OK

MD5 1d7c78facbc311808dd4e959e6cb1475

Multiupload
    Sendspace
    Mediafire
    minus

or xda attachment below
    Just saying for Netcom and Oslo.... this radio is night and day. Never had this stable and reliable connection before.

Definitely recommended. Now to see how it affects battery ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Radio XXKL1

Europe-December-Revision 1
    Latest radio you can get at the moment previous versions were from november.
    Thanks to lordofcamster for sharing.

Flashable CWM

Filesize = OK

MD5 1d7c78facbc311808dd4e959e6cb1475

Multiupload
    Sendspace
    Mediafire
    minus

or xda attachment below

You're welcome!

P

From some random field-testing in Oslo...

- MUCH improved stability. Reception in metro tunnels no longer drives me crazy.
    - Getting around 8/3mbps with 59ms in stores downtown.

Seems to have very low packet loss.

Australia Telstra - Running 4.0.3 Android Open Kang Project

Had to change manual to WCDMA preferred (default GSM as preferred), after that and seting default radio band to AUS2:

4832 - 1207 - 151
    2406 - 2750 - 118
    5028 - 1169 - 169
    5265 - 1085 - 170
    6549 - 1273 - 178
    6418 - 966 - 115