FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Keep the lowram flags?

Yes

57 Vote(s)
68.67%
No

26 Vote(s)
31.33%

[ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,392

By Ziyan, Recognized Developer on 1st December 2014, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

For instructions about installing or building for maguro, see the CyanogenMod wiki page.

The latest builds are available at http://get.cm/?device=maguro.

Known Issues page for the Galaxy Nexus (GSM) (not updated yet)

Google Apps can be found at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps - beware that if you choose OpenGApps, only the pico version will fit, unless you change your partition sizes!

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this (:

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
Ziyan, MWisBest, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-01
Last Updated 2016-07-20
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-12 23.31.18.jpg
Views:	323604
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	3265572  
The Following 310 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st December 2014, 02:50 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes

Donate to Me
More
Build instructions
Update: as of 2016/01/03, everything needed is merged, so simply follow the official build guide.

If you don't want to or can't (ex. remote servers) use extract-files.sh, simply clone proprietary_vendor_samsung into vendor/samsung.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 02:57 PM |#3  
Flag Wonderland
Thanks Meter: 187

More
wow this is great @Ziyan truly appreciate your awesome work!
Testing it now.
1st December 2014, 03:39 PM |#4  
Flag Victoria, TX
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
It's actually running really really well! Posting this from the 1130 build now! One thing that did work on FML and just refuses to on cm12 is getting the APN to stick, it says "APN settings aren't available for this user" (which I think it also said in FML but still stuck after it was saved), otherwise everything else has been mentioned in the op as far as quirks are concerned
1st December 2014, 03:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I'm getting much worse battery life than with the last CM11 nightly. Overnight battery drain was 3.7%/hour, compared to around 1%/hour with CM11. According to GSAM, the main issue was system(mediaserver) at about 94% of battery usage. No media was being served, so far as I can tell. EDIT: battery life often improves for me a day or two after installing a new generation, so I'll see if it gets better today.

I notice that the google bar at the top of the page always has: Say "OK Google." My Nexus 5 running stock doesn't have this.

It's also much laggier than CM11.

Video works with NuPlayer unchecked in Developer Options. Specifically, I could play video with MX player.

Possibly related to camera not working, the flashlight doesn't work. I only tried turning it on with quick settings.

No crashed so far and no app problems other than camera.

Tap and Go setup (against my N5), worked properly. It didn't work on FML.

I'm testing without a SIM at the moment, just wifi.

Thank you Ziyan
1st December 2014, 04:02 PM |#6  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 144

More
I had my SIM fried somehow after i flashed the rom yesterday, I had to replace the sim card today with a new one, the old one is toast.
It happened during "cellular network setup", it wanted my pin number, as soon as i entered it it was asking for my puk number.
Typed it in, things finished but without network connectivity, had the no sim card sign on the statusbar.
Could it be something connected to the rom or it was just my sim card time to go?

Cheers
1st December 2014, 04:22 PM |#7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Thumbs up Just want to say thanks!
Don't have enough posts to be allowed to post on the CM11 thread, so doing it here.

Ziyan,
Thank you so much for your work on this and I am looking forward to the first monthly CM12!
1st December 2014, 04:54 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion

I'm getting much worse battery life than with the last CM11 nightly. Overnight battery drain was 3.7%/hour, compared to around 1%/hour with CM11. According to GSAM, the main issue was system(mediaserver) at about 94% of battery usage. No media was being served, so far as I can tell. EDIT: battery life often improves for me a day or two after installing a new generation, so I'll see if it gets better today.

I notice that the google bar at the top of the page always has: Say "OK Google." My Nexus 5 running stock doesn't have this.

It's also much laggier than CM11.

Try turning off ok google detection from the launcher settings - also, if you use the default launcher, set the app drawer animation to "none", because CM forgot to update that part of launcher to lollipop - they left in the animation from 4.4, so it's laggy and ugly. I just submitted the patch set to fix that, they merged it already so the next build will have this set by default.
Also, if you manage to break camera or video playback, I noticed it tends to leave the video processing part of the CPU active all the time until you reboot, so try that out too
As for the lag, it should improve over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip360

I had my SIM fried somehow after i flashed the rom yesterday, I had to replace the sim card today with a new one, the old one is toast.
It happened during "cellular network setup", it wanted my pin number, as soon as i entered it it was asking for my puk number.
Typed it in, things finished but without network connectivity, had the no sim card sign on the statusbar.
Could it be something connected to the rom or it was just my sim card time to go?

Cheers

There's no way a ROM could to that
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2014, 04:56 PM |#9  
Flag Malang
Thanks Meter: 16

More
is the camera wb (white balance) fixed?
1st December 2014, 05:16 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Same problem here with PUK.