By Dakota0206, Senior Member on 19th January 2012, 09:09 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
8th May 2012, 04:45 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 776

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afraaa

i have my bootloader unlocked without even i do it . i installed 4.0.4 with odin method and now it is unlocked .. i am eagerly wait for help about :

in the movie( unlocker site ) he checked boot temporary , and in site guide picture he checked permanent , which one should be done ?

i have unlocked my phone accidentially using odin method(isntalling 4.0.4) and after install that i have my phone unlocked .

i installed driver and then first time it copies su.zip on my phone its done successfully and my phone booting on fastboot , but then in next level (that my phone is on fast boot ) it doesnt show my device serial number and can proceed ./

is it because i didnt unlocked it by this toolkit , or there is universal unlock for galaxy nexus ! appreciate if u help

There are really only two stumbling blocks you can run into with this toolkit. The first is an issue with the fastboot drivers, and the second is if you have upgraded to 4.0.4 and need the updated su.zip.

It sounds like you have an issue with the fastboot drivers. Thats why the computer will not recognize the phone when its in fastboot.

I have detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the driver issues here
http://thesuperusersguide.weebly.com...it-method.html

Once you have the driver issues worked out and you are able to root, you will need to use the new su.zip to obtain root. The intructions for that are also posted in the link above.

Hope it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakota0206 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dakota0206 Ad-Free

8th May 2012, 01:38 PM |#102  
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 192

More
thank u so much i will give it shot ,,, can i proceed root method mannually with install from zip that u gave instruction there ?

and after did this , i should delete or rename some file to use permanent CWM yeah ? if yes can u give me how shall i do it mannually ?

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

thank u so much i will give it shot ,,, can i proceed root method mannually with install from zip that u gave instruction there ?

and after did this , i should delete or rename some file to use permanent CWM yeah ? if yes can u give me how shall i do it mannually ?
8th May 2012, 02:47 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Nevermind, i found this on WugFresh's site: SPRINT USERS: This toolkit does not currently support the Sprint version.

I'll wait for an update!
----
I know it says CDMA/LTE, but will this root method work for the Sprint GNex? I came from the EVO 4G and already miss my Root access. Thanks and sorry for question, i just wanted to make sure before I brick my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to jschramm97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jschramm97 Ad-Free
8th May 2012, 10:42 PM |#104  
Flag VA
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm97

Nevermind, i found this on WugFresh's site: SPRINT USERS: This toolkit does not currently support the Sprint version.

I'll wait for an update!
----
I know it says CDMA/LTE, but will this root method work for the Sprint GNex? I came from the EVO 4G and already miss my Root access. Thanks and sorry for question, i just wanted to make sure before I brick my phone.

+1 sameboat.com lol. I received it but haven't even powered it up yet. Still rockin Evo.

D

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
9th May 2012, 11:11 PM |#105  
Flag Isfahan

More
can i proceed root method mannually with install from zip that u gave instruction there ?

i mean not with s tool kit method ?
9th May 2012, 11:31 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

can i proceed root method mannually with install from zip that u gave instruction there ?

i mean not with s tool kit method ?

yes you can
10th May 2012, 07:31 AM |#107  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Does it work on 4.0.4? thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
10th May 2012, 10:19 AM |#108  
Flag Isfahan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota0206

yes you can

thank u so much for answering all this question ,,, i couldnt get fixedd it and want to do it mannually but again i have problem with this part :

Use the Volume Up and Volume Down to scroll and the Power button to select

Flash the updated su.zip

Select “Install zip from sdcard”
Select “choose zip from sdcard”

instead of install zip from sdcard, in my recovery mode that named "andoid system recovery <3e>"

there is apply update from cache !
and when i go into it there isnt any file i can update . cuz it doesnt browese sd card , just browse cache in the android system folder (folder before sdcard as u know )

how should i install or flash SU.zip and CWM ... i dont know how i should say thanks to your guys
10th May 2012, 04:10 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Does this work with IMM76I 4.0.4?
11th May 2012, 10:24 PM |#110  
Flag Isfahan

More
still waiting for an answer
12th May 2012, 12:34 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

still waiting for an answer

Manually flash clockwork mod then flash the su.zip. it should be pretty straight forward

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
easy, galaxy, nexus, root, toolkit
Previous Thread Next Thread