[EASIEST ROOT/UNLOCK TOOLKIT] Wugfresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

heo_con184

Oct 30, 2010
Montréal
Sorry for a newbie question.

Does the toolkit sim-unlock the Galaxy Nexus ? Can I unlock my phone and use it with others wireless service providers ?

Thanks

nikulogical

Feb 7, 2012
Toronto
I need to send my device in for warranty. It's from rogers and when I got it, it was not yakju. Right now its unlocked, rooted, and running AOKP, and franco. To put it back to oem state, I'm planning on using Wug's toolkit. That'll flash yakju, unroot it, and lock the bootloader.

My question is whether this method will flash the factory kernel too, if it'll flash the stock recovery, and if my carrier will care/notice that I have yakju installed.

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
I need to send my device in for warranty. It's from rogers and when I got it, it was not yakju. Right now its unlocked, rooted, and running AOKP, and franco. To put it back to oem state, I'm planning on using Wug's toolkit. That'll flash yakju, unroot it, and lock the bootloader.

My question is whether this method will flash the factory kernel too, if it'll flash the stock recovery, and if my carrier will care/notice that I have yakju installed.

Yes. It will flash the factory kernel and restore the stock recovery. Whether or not your carrier will care/notice... I cant really answer that definitively... I have no way of knowing.

{{ WugFresh }}

need4greed

Jan 22, 2009
Toronto
I screwed up when I used this toolkit. I have a GSM phone but did not click this option when I went through this process (I left it at CDMA). I went through the Unlock and Root, and the phone still seems to work. How do I know if the phone is truly unlocked/rooted? And if I were to re-do the process, should I "unlock" then "root" again?

Thanks

agligoros

Oct 28, 2011
i don't know..
I screwed up when I used this toolkit. I have a GSM phone but did not click this option when I went through this process (I left it at CDMA). I went through the Unlock and Root, and the phone still seems to work. How do I know if the phone is truly unlocked/rooted? And if I were to re-do the process, should I "unlock" then "root" again?

Thanks

download titanium back up and it'll say if you are root
also the super user icon

Last edited:

borneanheadhunter

Mar 21, 2011
Kuching
super super method. Kudos to the dev.. new GNex GSM version rooted and running well in 15 minutes. Thanks man. this thread should be sticky. :D:D:D:D:D

sstanton86

Oct 6, 2011
Oxford
This should be stickied! Literally got my Nexus last night, and already rooted it and stuff using this.. This is an INCREDIBLE bit of software mate. :)

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
download titanium back up and it'll say if you are root
also the super user icon

For sure, my test has always been to just update super user within that apps settings. SU needs to grant itself super user permissions to update, and it also will install busybox, so its a win win.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

isa.ahmed

Jan 3, 2011
i have issue,

when i want to unlcok. it say do u see you divice,,i say yes

then it go to boot loader,,,but when say do u see the divce,,i do not see it.

so what i do? i did re instal drivers..but still same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts