FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] 30 Nov r2: Volume Bug Fix!

5,274 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,354

By paulobrien, Senior Member on 28th November 2011, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Annoyed with the volume bug on your Galaxy Nexus? Well, i'm very proud to present the forthcoming official fixed boot image which resolves this problem. In order to flash this boot image, you need your bootloader to be unlocked at this time (use './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your machine, included in the download). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is still in a testing phase internally. Although it works great for us, well, you never know.
  • Volume Bug Fix r3 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 292ba3630f475b2f779a19057649200a
How to use - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-mac.sh' followed by './install-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-linux.sh' followed by './install-linux.sh'

Please don't rehost this zip file - if you want to link to the fix, please link to this topic. That's all I ask. Enjoy!

P
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulobrien Ad-Free

28th November 2011, 10:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thanks a lot for your effort!

Does OEM unlock touch my guarantee?
28th November 2011, 10:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,421

Donate to Me
More
Thanks Paul, I get the phone tomorrow morning & thanks to you we already have our hands on the fix. Thanks a million!
28th November 2011, 10:56 AM |#4  
Flag Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 23

More
You can reverse the unlock with lock when required;

./fastboot-windows oem lock
The Following User Says Thank You to saquib For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saquib Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 11:45 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm very curious as to whether the volume bug is also fixed for the bootloader, and if it affects CPU load in any way, anyone tested something along those lines yet?
28th November 2011, 12:04 PM |#6  
Flag Tampa/Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu

I'm very curious as to whether the volume bug is also fixed for the bootloader, and if it affects CPU load in any way, anyone tested something along those lines yet?

Me too. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App
28th November 2011, 12:15 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
This doesn't fix the bootloader, doesn't seem to affect the device in any other way.

P
The Following User Says Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulobrien Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 12:19 PM |#8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien

This doesn't fix the bootloader, doesn't seem to affect the device in any other way.

P

I'm pretty sure you have tested the fix. Have you been able to reproduce the bug with this version ? (Other than in the bootloader) One word from you and I might buy the Nexus ;)
28th November 2011, 12:27 PM |#9  
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 77,175

Donate to Me
More
Paul if you dont mind i will repack it to zImage flashable mod because your stock boot.img will disable all tweaks in my ROM if people flash it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
28th November 2011, 12:37 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986.

Paul if you dont mind i will repack it to zImage flashable mod because your stock boot.img will disable all tweaks in my ROM if people flash it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Sure, that's what i've done for MCR, as long as you give appropriate credit that's cool!

P
28th November 2011, 02:17 PM |#11  
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 77,175

Donate to Me
More
And what's new kernel version? Or what's the base number it came from?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)