FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [GSM]

12,286 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,921

By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2015, 07:41 PM |#4101  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
UAT 1.4.1 RELEASED AND AUTOUPDATE and PUBLIC VERSIONS UPDATED

Changelog for device module:
+Added more stability to certain routines [root, flashing]
+Added file checker after device selection to check needed files are up to date
+Updated UniversalAdbInstaller for Windows 10 compatability
+Added new upcoming devices to device selection screen
+Added driver installation option at startup for new installs

Changelog for UAT 1.4.1:
+Added new upcoming devices to device selection screen
+Main files now signed with Digital Certificate to ensure files are original and safe
+Added file checker after device selection to check needed files are up to date
+Updated UniversalAdbInstaller for Windows 10 compatability
+Added driver installation option at startup for new installs
+Updated ToolKitClean.exe to allow users to update the main ToolKit.exe file to latest available version without having to download/install the whole ToolKit again (like when a new device is added or files/drivers updated)
+Improvements and minor bug fixes
+Installer now give option for Fresh Install (removes any existing device files) or Upgrade (to just update base files)

The AutoUpdate for pro users has all the above included (update via the toolkit).
You can also download the Unified Android Toolkit 1.4.1 from http://www.skipsoft.net/?p=1660. You can select Fresh Install to delete all device modules and related files (recovery, root) so when you select your device at startup it will download the latest module with all the above included. If you have several device modules downloaded (e.g. for samsung and nexus) then you can select 'upgrade' when installing the toolkit, then run ToolKitClean.exe to delete just the modules you want to update.

Enjoy, Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free

25th April 2016, 02:22 PM |#4102  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
AUTOUPDATE AVAILABLE FOR GALAXY NEXUS DEVICE MODULE [V13.2.1] 22ND APR 2016 [PRO ONLY]

These are available for PRO users. I will try to update the Public (free) modules next week if I can as I now have to work on adding the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and Note 5 to the Toolkit. I can then continue updating the Samsung device modules for the latest support.

Changelog:
+Added option to keep existing recovery when flashing stock image to device
+Various minor adjustments/improvements to procedures

If you want to donate to a device project please do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
29th August 2016, 02:24 PM |#4103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How Can I enable the USB debugging with fastboot (if possible) when my phone is in bootloop?
15th September 2016, 12:10 AM |#4104  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBX2015

How Can I enable the USB debugging with fastboot (if possible) when my phone is in bootloop?

You cannot enable usb debugging from fastboot but if you boot manually to fastboot mode you can flash a stock image back to your device (via option 9,1 in the toolkit main menu) to fix the bootloop. If you haven't unlocked the bootloader then you will have to do that first (it will wipe your device).

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 12:11 AM |#4105  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Update Available for Samsung Galaxy Nexus device module [PRO Users]

Changelog:
+Updated latest STOCK firmware to googles new zip format to download/flash
+Updated everything in Toolkit to work with new firmware zip files from google
+Added much improved Drivers section in Startup [DR] and Toolkit Main Menu
+Improved Root file checker/downloader at device module startup

If you want to donate to a device project please do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast and can update to the latest version. You can also go ULTIMATE mode now and unlock ALL device modules for the lifetime of the Toolkit. Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/mskipxda for posts/updates.

Enjoy, Mark.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
17th October 2016, 01:43 PM |#4106  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
AutoUpdate Available for GalaxyNexus device module [PRO Users]

Changelog:
+Added option in bootloader menu to check bootloader status and change state
+Fixed device not rebooting back to Android after flashing recovery image
+Updated Basic Toolkit to add latest basic functions for all Android devices
+Added more error control and updated some functions in Main Toolkit

If you want to donate to a device project please do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast and can update to the latest version. You can also go ULTIMATE mode now and unlock ALL device modules for the lifetime of the Toolkit. Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/mskipxda for posts/updates.

Enjoy, Mark.
21st October 2016, 05:37 PM |#4107  
Flag LT
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi, when Toolkit tries to update a window appears:
Code:
The package file is not a valid cabinet file:
C:\Unified_Android_ToolKit\PBCab1.cab
With AV and Firewall disabled.
Any suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

AutoUpdate Available for GalaxyNexus device module [PRO Users]

Changelog:
+Added option in bootloader menu to check bootloader status and change state
+Fixed device not rebooting back to Android after flashing recovery image
+Updated Basic Toolkit to add latest basic functions for all Android devices
+Added more error control and updated some functions in Main Toolkit

Enjoy, Mark.

The Following User Says Thank You to NitaX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NitaX Ad-Free
5th November 2016, 05:33 PM |#4108  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hi Mark,

I am also getting the same error message (i.e. "... not a valid cabinet file...") when running the update. Have you been able to investigate?

Thanks,
Keith
7th November 2016, 11:22 AM |#4109  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eKeith

Hi Mark,

I am also getting the same error message (i.e. "... not a valid cabinet file...") when running the update. Have you been able to investigate?

Thanks,
Keith

AutoUpdate should be working now. Sorry for taking soo long.

Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
12th May 2017, 02:19 PM |#4110  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
AutoUpdate Available for GalaxyNexus device module [PRO Users Only]

I had to buy a new laptop and whole new set of programs to make/compile the updates as I lost everything when my hard drive crashed and took out my pc. All this cost me £600 which I had to scrape together and why it took a few more days to get everything done. Updates should come thick and fast now but I have no money left. Im not begging for handouts but if you have ever found the Toolkit useful and want to give back you can send me anything at https://www.paypal.me/mskip. I wouldn’t be saying this unless it was critical and my family and me (and the Toolkit) will be very grateful for anything.

Changelog:
+Updated Toolkit base to 1.6.0. Updated app versions and improved functions
+Toolkit will automatically disable all server pings if they cause any trouble with downloads
+Added direct link to google download site in factory image downloads section
+Improved some Main Menu functions

If you find any of this useful PLEASE donate to a device project. You can do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast and can update to the latest version. You can also go ULTIMATE mode now and unlock ALL device modules for the lifetime of the Toolkit. Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/mskipxda for posts/updates.

Enjoy, Mark.
30th May 2017, 08:53 PM |#4111  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
AutoUpdate Available for GalaxyNexus device module [Ultimate/PRO Users Only]

Changelog:
+Updated Toolkit base to 1.6.2 for NEW Ultimate feature. After device selection the Toolkit will update the devices main module to the latest version even if an AutoUpdate is not ready yet. This is extremely useful if an AutoUpdate hasn’t been released in a while or if an AutoUpdate isn't needed but the main module needs updating for up to minute bug fixes/new features. Minimum base version 1.6.2 needed for this to work+Added selection after rooting to help with bootloops if the device doesn’t boot
+Updated some root functions and removed SuperUser by CWM from root relection
+Updated app/file versions to latest
+Fixed some bugs in the main code

If you find any of this useful PLEASE donate to a device project. You can do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link *HERE* so you get the right code fast and can update to the latest version. You can also go ULTIMATE mode now and unlock ALL device modules for the lifetime of the Toolkit. Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/mskipxda for posts/updates.

Enjoy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)