[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

21,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 114,398

Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2012, 10:27 AM |#10001  
Flag Texel
Thanks Meter: 333

More
When I thought r98 was the best, I did a clean install for AOKP M4 + franco.Kernel M2 and I have to say battery life is ridiculously good now, without sacrificing "snappiness".

In a poor 3G reception area I managed to pull 2hrs screen on time (browsing) and still had 60% left (brightness @ ~40%, just plain stock M2 kernel settings)

It's just so good now I'm hesitant to flash another rom/ kernel/ combo to try and get the best Nexus experience (although I want/ need to) hehehe

21st March 2012, 10:39 AM |#10002  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsavlis

For those having problems with your GPS, this is what I do with every rom I flash. I live in Greece, and most roms are set for US. Open build.prop and find the line that says ro.product.locale.region=US. For me I change the US to EU (Europe) or GR (Greece).

I have never had an issue with GPS and lock within secons. Hopefully this sorts some of the problems out.

Superb recommendation, thanks for sharing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SrTapir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SrTapir Ad-Free
21st March 2012, 10:46 AM |#10003  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
is that M2 provides you a less smooth Gaming experience than the r98? I know M2 has a lower GPU frequency than r98.. let's take GTA3 as an example

Thanks
21st March 2012, 10:54 AM |#10004  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrTapir

Hi, thanks for this recommendation, however with root explorer,I found the locale US, but can't edit or access ...please help on Joern, Thanks !
21st March 2012, 11:25 AM |#10005  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
Wow! Over 10,000 posts. This must be one of the most popular threads on XDA and deservedly so. I have read every post since the beginning and my phone is 10 times better because of it. Thanks Francisco.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samizad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samizad Ad-Free
21st March 2012, 11:36 AM |#10006  
Athens
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovnovice

Hi, thanks for this recommendation, however with root explorer,I found the locale US, but can't edit or access ...please help on Joern, Thanks !

If im not mistaken, somewhere in root explorer settings you have to mount the system as RW.... Mount the system, and then it should let you make the changes.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrTapir

Did it help with your GPS at all?
21st March 2012, 11:57 AM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsavlis

If im not mistaken, somewhere in root explorer settings you have to mount the system as RW.... Mount the system, and then it should let you make the changes.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Did it help with your GPS at all?

Hi there,

i try your tip, but i must say that i have no probs with GPS. But the sync is slow, so is this workaround maybe fix the GPS Sync Speed? and what is the Setting for Germany? DE?
21st March 2012, 12:53 PM |#10008  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Franco's kernel is so good that not only did I not lose battery during standby, but I actually GAINED extra battery

On a more serious note, I assume this 'charging' thing will go away eventually, since the battery is still new. Or maybe I should wipe battery stats since I've been flashing around a bit?

By the way, awesome bit of work franco, until our phone can charge themselves this kernel gives me awesome battery life
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-03-21-22-42-23.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	957916  
The Following User Says Thank You to a random person For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a random person Ad-Free
21st March 2012, 12:55 PM |#10009  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Parede, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 114,398

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenia

is that M2 provides you a less smooth Gaming experience than the r98? I know M2 has a lower GPU frequency than r98.. let's take GTA3 as an example

Thanks

I think the answer is so obvious that I dont need to answer.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
21st March 2012, 12:57 PM |#10010  
Flag Buckinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 134

More
First time user of Franco.kernel since last night.

When I first used the application, I'm sure the sound control description stated that the value range was between 0-13, at some point it changed to 0-3.

Is this normal? (Running M2 by the way)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
21st March 2012, 01:07 PM |#10011  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekrel

First time user of Franco.kernel since last night.

When I first used the application, I'm sure the sound control description stated that the value range was between 0-13, at some point it changed to 0-3.

Is this normal? (Running M2 by the way)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yes

10char
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)