Originally Posted by salivaman
Anyone have problem running gta 3 on r141?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
for all guys that your GTA III is NOT WORKING
Originally Posted by jkoljo
Yeah, it does not work. Just goes back to home screen when I try to launch it.
Well got my nexus a few days before and at this phrase im testing out games.
justnow, installed GTA III -> game crashed -> WTF? well but i dont panic, cause i know im excellent at researching.
after messing with it for around an hour, please take some time to read the following:
(unless specified, im talking about version 1.3, which should the latest)
1) please make sure the application package of YOUR GTA is "com.rockstar.gta3" because upon my knowledge / researched results, rockstar has released "com.rockstar.gta3ger" as their version 1.3 which the "ger" literally means german version but apart from this, the version is also considered to be "censored" because blood has been reduced and violence such as kicking enemies on the floor, are REMOVED.
2) however, i dont know which restrictions / variety of "com.rockstar.gta3ger" and "com.rockstar.gta3" apply on different areas / countries / app stores, one thing is clear - in december something like that, which means around the r18 release of franco kernel, franco has made a fix about the inability of executing GTA III. As the time reveals, at that time GTA III was just on its versions 1.0-1.2 stage, and franco directs the fix towards the application package "com.rockstar.gta". Im not going to talk about the reasons why GTA was originally incompatible, go read the first bunch of pages of this thread in december.
3) now thats the tricky point - franco fixed "com.rockstar.gta3", but you installed "com.rockstar.gta3ger" (the official censored 1.3 version from rockstar), therefore your sd card data is not fixed.
4) if you get a 1.2 version of GTA III (i dont know where), you will definitely not crash because it is "com.rockstar.gta" which is successfully directed to the fix made by franco and his sd cracking mate.
5) some of you may ask then what the hell the fix is? well, upon my knowledge i cant really answer this question technologically. but, you will notice a folder called /sd_images in your sdcard partition and inside there you will see "com.rockstar.gta.img" (all these happen after you installed the correct package of it, i.e. "com.rockstar.gta", and downloaded the data from your phone)
6) therefore, to make it work you must confirm that the package name is NOT "com.rockstar.gta3ger" as franco's fix will NOT recognize this package and its sdcard data so your game will fail to run the sd card data!
if you want some REFERENCE, try searching "GTA 1.3 uncut" (which means, the uncensored), on google
Originally Posted by franciscofranco
It works for me, just tried it.
thanks franco, but regarding the above information, you may be interested to include "com.rockstar.gta3ger" in your fix in next few releases in order to satisfy some of the users
still, i just want to say =___= to those who leave such a great (and best) kernel just because of a game but not to invest into the issue themselves...