Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

22,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 123,153

Post Reply Email Thread
1st November 2016, 10:42 PM |#45321  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is there any way we can download the last versions of the kernel for 4.0.4 and 4.1.2?

2nd November 2016, 05:43 PM |#45322  
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_Roen

Is there any way we can download the last versions of the kernel for 4.0.4 and 4.1.2?

Some JB kernels (4.2.x and above) available here but I don't think anything as old as 4.1.x or 4.0.x still available
The Following User Says Thank You to rahimali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rahimali Ad-Free
1st December 2016, 05:43 AM |#45323  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 25,192

Donate to Me
More
Final Versions
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Here's what I found the last time we went thread mining (updated):

Quote:

Android ver. - f.K Build
4.0.x - r196 - Link (384 GPU only)
4.1.x - r300 - Link (384&512 GPU)
4.2.x - r384 - Link
4.3.x - r398-JB - OP
4.4.x - r398-KK - OP

There's also the attachment list in @rogersnm's old franco.Kernel Linaro thread, which is sort of like an archive from r185 to r240, and has 384&512 GPU Linaro builds of r196.

Quote:

I also got motivated briefly yesterday and made a Synapsed osmod of r398, adding built-in Synapse support and all the supported tweaks from my time on DirtyV if anyone's interested:

franco.Kernel-r398-3-Synapsed:
http://v.ht/osmods

Flash it with my Flashlt Script/zip from my Odds and Ends thread.

/thread
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2016, 02:35 PM |#45324  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
What would the usage of such old kernel be? I mean it doesnt have cma or other advanced features and ram is only 693mbytes.is there any specific reason to use this instead of the latest ones ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th October 2017, 03:14 AM |#45325  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:

Alright so here's something that's been requested for awhile.

I wrote it up recently with Franco's stamp of approval, so I'm posting it here now. Please direct people back to this post from other threads.

This can/should be everyone's go-to when experiencing problems after updating to a new kernel build, you get stuck in a bootloop, or you think there's a conflict between ROM and kernel (or kernel tweaking app) you can't track down, since likely some leftover settings (voltages, etc.) are at fault. It's also useful if you just want to make sure you're running clean defaults. This should work on any device franco.Kernel and f.Ku support, as well as a variety of other devices, kernels and control apps: eXperience (Free/Pro), GLaDOS Control, TricksterMod, Trinity Kernel Toolbox, ROM Toolbox (Lite/Pro), SetCPU, Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Project, Performance Control and Synapse.

Flashing this via custom recovery of your choice will delete the kernel app settings file(s), disable init.d and userinit.d scripts by moving them to a subfolder (/system/etc/init.d/off/ and /data/local/userinit.d/off/ respectively) and wipe cache and dalvik-cache for good measure.

Hopefully it helps!

Note: If your ROM has a Performance/Tweaking App built-in you should also manually disable any Set On Boot options it has. For example, I couldn't include clearing CM's Advanced Settings since they're built into the main com.android.settings/Settings.apk along with a lot of other Android OS settings (APNs, Developer Options, etc.), so to run clean and without conflicts on CM you need to unset them yourself.

You should also avoid having more than one control app installed at a time. Conflicts have been reported even with everything "unset" in two apps.

I also chose not to disable anything your ROM may have in /data/cron or /system/addon.d since some rely on it heavily, so you can choose to review those directories' contents and whether you want to leave them enabled on your own. I also left out disabling sysctl.conf since that's done by f.K and the Franco's Dev Team scripts, and also seemed a bit heavy-handed for this zip script.

Download counts for the previous versions: 790; 2678.

In the download section it says it is for CWM, if I flash it in TWRP will I get the same results or can I not flash it in TWRP, only made for CWM?
19th October 2017, 03:41 AM |#45326  
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayonicle

In the download section it says it is for CWM, if I flash it in TWRP will I get the same results or can I not flash it in TWRP, only made for CWM?

It should work fine with TWRP CWM is not supported any more. Always use the latest TWRP.

But you should be careful about using an old kernel too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)