Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [GPL] [GN] franco.Kernel r398

22,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 122,001

Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2011, 11:09 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
is the version in the op is latest? coz i tried 10 dec kernel and after 8 hours of use i have seen graphics glitches, i had to remove the battery coz i could not see anyting. im now back to mck kernel.

11th December 2011, 11:12 AM |#502  
Flag Trust me,It's Paradise
Thanks Meter: 42

More
The OC version works fine except that the overall scrolling lags a lot....back to the standard franco kernel version which is smooth like butter.
11th December 2011, 11:44 AM |#503  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
glitch
Hi franco,
just wanted to let you know that on my GN with your last kernel 10122011 (no OC) I still have the graphical glitch. happened after the night, when coming back from the lock screen. pressed power a couple of times and it fixed itself..

thanks
N
11th December 2011, 11:47 AM |#504  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Sorry for the stuped question guys, but how do you delete the

/system/lib/egl/libGlES_android.so

file ? I get read-only error by adb and i don't know the /system partition to delete it from recovery

Thanks
11th December 2011, 11:47 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
delete it with root explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to skdubg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skdubg Ad-Free
11th December 2011, 11:48 AM |#506  
Flag Dublin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer314

Sorry for the stuped question guys, but how do you delete the

/system/lib/egl/libGlES_android.so

file ? I get read-only error by adb and i don't know the /system partition to delete it from recovery

Thanks

use root explorer to mount system as r/w partition, then delete the file.. or you could have a look at some posts back, there is instructions to do this manually as well..
The Following User Says Thank You to nmesisca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nmesisca Ad-Free
11th December 2011, 12:42 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Hi there! Just wanted to report that I'm having graphical glitches with this kernel(coloured lines across the screen, screen goes on and off by itself), they go away after a battery pull,but only for a while. Other than that the kernel is awesome, keep up the good work ;)
11th December 2011, 12:52 PM |#508  
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,970

More
Tested oc version for 40 mins and UV by 25 across all the cpu speeds. So far so good, no reboots or freezes and no graphical glitches for me. 1.4ghz still isn't as smooth as 1.2 but better than the last time I test on 4122011. Donation to follow when I'm paid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
11th December 2011, 02:41 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 1,391

More
For some strange reason, my Nexus seems to prefer stock kernels - flashing custom kernels lead to a 4%/hr drop in battery compared to 1%/hr, even when nothing is syncing and the screen is off.

As in the screenshot attached, towards the end, I tested flashing the stock rom with stock kernel, then Franco's kernel, alternating between these two every hour or so. What I get is a series of steps in the graph, and from the battery readings standby drain is noticeably heavier.

Anyone having the same experience?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1323614152982.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	812744  
11th December 2011, 03:12 PM |#510  
Flag leeds
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ock

For some strange reason, my Nexus seems to prefer stock kernels - flashing custom kernels lead to a 4%/hr drop in battery compared to 1%/hr, even when nothing is syncing and the screen is off.

As in the screenshot attached, towards the end, I tested flashing the stock rom with stock kernel, then Franco's kernel, alternating between these two every hour or so. What I get is a series of steps in the graph, and from the battery readings standby drain is noticeably heavier.

Anyone having the same experience?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Hi, I use the 10/12 oc kernel. I have the same problem, when the phone is screen off without any syn or actives, the Android OS drain 21% battery in 5 hours. The average is 4% per hour. I remember that when I use a stock kernel, my phone only took 1% battery in a whole night with standby
11th December 2011, 03:28 PM |#511  
Flag Dublin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcdxw

Hi, I use the 10/12 oc kernel. I have the same problem, when the phone is screen off without any syn or actives, the Android OS drain 21% battery in 5 hours. The average is 4% per hour. I remember that when I use a stock kernel, my phone only took 1% battery in a whole night with standby

yeah my Android OS times are high as well with this kernel..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, 4.1, 4.2, best kernel, best support, fast, franco, galaxy, jb 4.1, kernel, nexus, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)