[KERNEL] A.S.K.P | Build 20 | 3.0.93+ | 4.2.2 [B19] EOL | 4.3 [B20MR2] | 21-08-2013

Which One?

• 3.10 RC

Votes: 143 89.9%
  • 3.0.xx patching

Votes: 16 10.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

nixholas

Jun 15, 2013
Lion City
github.com
As I can't find the RAMdisk anywhere, I cannot tell you for sure what is wrong (I haven't read the logs that were posted because 4shared need registration). Nevertheless, I think I know what's going on:

Your defconfig is set-up to build the WiFi driver as a module. After compiling your kernel, the module is located at /drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmdhd.ko. You need to insert this (and exactly this) module on boot in order to get WiFi working. If you upload your RAMdisk, I can tell you in detail what has to be done.
You can save yourself from trouble by not building wireless as a module. In your defconfig, simply set CONFIG_BCMDHD=y.

In Fancy Kernel, I'm also building it as a module, because there's a workaround for suspend WiFi drops that relies on ejecting / reinserting the module.

[EDIT] Turns out I had an account. And my assumption was right:
Code:
[  253.240570] bcmdhd: version magic '3.0.82-4.2-fancy_kernel-r31-ext SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '3.0.82-ASPK SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 '

So judging from that message, I see you have automatic module inserting already (it's most likely my RAMdisk?!). All you have to do is to replace bcmdhd.ko in /sbin after every compilation. That is if you want to keep CONFIG_BCMDHD=m of course.

GOD. Thanks xD Okay.
Yeah. I was using your RAMDisk :)

Anyways guys, I've rebased somethings. And yeah, I implemented boype's fix :) So it did work well :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ashtrix

Dec 21, 2010
Okay, keep up the work going bro !! FYI the GPU governor implementation doesn't work properly so it's removed from r32 of Fancy kernel.
Plus, as this is a Kang please consider Morfic's Git repo also...his work is unremarkable & True Performance :good: !

Last edited:
Reactions: nixholas

nixholas

Jun 15, 2013
Lion City
github.com
Okay, keep up the work going bro !! FYI the GPU governor implementation doesn't work properly so it's removed from r32 of Fancy kernel.
Plus, as this is a Kang please consider Morfic's Git repo also...his work is unremarkable & True Performance :good: !

Here's ASKP's pick plan
1. Fancy
2. FK
3. AirKernel
4. AK
5. Lean

:)
then maybe morfic :)

Also, I'm not removing it, I shall rework the GPU governing code.

jjhrrsn

Aug 3, 2011
Portland
I personally wouldn't pick from air. Its my opinion but that was like add in every feature under the sun with no reasoning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Idrito

Dec 3, 2011
Hi, i'm who made the banner .__.

Look, i don't know from development, i just design, but you can base the kernel (if that is possible) on Franco Kernel because he says everyone can use his kernel as base (if i read correctly).

Reactions: nixholas

boype

Apr 27, 2012
Düsseldorf
Hi, i'm who made the banner .__.

Look, i don't know from development, i just design, but you can base the kernel (if that is possible) on Franco Kernel because he says everyone can use his kernel as base (if i read correctly).
You can use all kernels as base, as everything posted here on XDA is open source ;)

nixholas

Jun 15, 2013
Lion City
github.com
Thanks to all the developers of GNex's Kernels.

Build 3 -Upcoming-
* Release as Beta
* AK Cherry Picks
* LeanKernel Cherry Picks
* Patch to 3.0.83
* GPU Governor workaround Attempt #1
* A few minor wakelock fixes

Oh and by the way, after this build, I'll release two kernels subsequently. One with 3.0.83 versions and another with 3.1. Note that 3.1 will not be tested and functions of the phone may not function properly.

The RAMDisk will be reverted to stock RAMDisk.

nixholas

Jun 15, 2013
Lion City
github.com
^ congrats bro :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Oh guys, I also added the new hotplug drivers from 3.10 rc5. So yeah :) It's running well :)

Have fun people :)

Linaro 4.8.1 In da house

WLAN FIXED!!!! FTWWWW

And oh yeah, There's a new generic hotplug driver. Note that ASKP is not using OMAP's hotplug anymore.
We are using Linux 3.10's hotplug. In performance wise, the new hotplug allows you to control the cores more easily and improves processing by 23%.

Enjoy~

edit

Build 4 temporarily reverts to the old generic hotplug helper. The 3.10 helper has issues with differentiating deep sleep mode and screen on mode.

Guys, build 4 is for people like me. I know that my OMAP 4 is damaged to a small extent (Let's just say i did some over-overclocking.. xD) yeah. the new hotplug has issues for me and the phone burned up to 80 degrees celsius.

Last edited:
Reactions: scooby25 and MBQ_

spupuz

Feb 2, 2008
Milan

Oh guys, I also added the new hotplug drivers from 3.10 rc5. So yeah :) It's running well :)

Have fun people :)

Linaro 4.8.1 In da house

WLAN FIXED!!!! FTWWWW

And oh yeah, There's a new generic hotplug driver. Note that ASKP is not using OMAP's hotplug anymore.
We are using Linux 3.10's hotplug. In performance wise, the new hotplug allows you to control the cores more easily and improves processing by 23%.

Enjoy~

edit

Build 4 temporarily reverts to the old generic hotplug helper. The 3.10 helper has issues with differentiating deep sleep mode and screen on mode.

Guys, build 4 is for people like me. I know that my OMAP 4 is damaged to a small extent (Let's just say i did some over-overclocking.. xD) yeah. the new hotplug has issues for me and the phone burned up to 80 degrees celsius.
this morning i tried with B3 and i got to restore from nandroid backup because phone bootlooped just right after "application otpimization" like hell... for now going back to franco.

nixholas

Jun 15, 2013
Lion City
github.com
after repo sync, how build it from command line?
or where to set url to local linaro gcc
(export parameter ?)

to set the correct filepath, you need to export CROSS_COMPILE=~/android/kernel/toolchains/arm-2013/bin/arm-none-eabi- . I renamed 4.8.1 to "arm-2013". This allows me to link it easier xD (A few letters is alot to me) And Yes, you need to git clone the linaro 4.8.1 GCC repo. Just google it and you'll find it. It should be a github of a user.

By the way, 4.8.1 is causing stupid problems. I don't know why but I'm going back to compiling with codesourcery

Idrito

Dec 3, 2011
Hi, this kernel got 1.0ghz frequencies?? Franco got it but i want to test this kernel

-=| uXylon + Franco.K |=-

nixholas

Jun 15, 2013
Lion City
github.com
Hi, this kernel got 1.0ghz frequencies?? Franco got it but i want to test this kernel

-=| uXylon + Franco.K |=-

Yea it does :)

Okan, i'm sending you a secret build xD

this morning i tried with B3 and i got to restore from nandroid backup because phone bootlooped just right after "application otpimization" like hell... for now going back to franco.

Sorry. Try Build 4. Build 3 has issue as it's Linaro 4.8.1 compiled. Build 4 reverts back to 4.7 with inclusion of new commits and fixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: okanb3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS MAGURO SPECIFIC. Reference for toro/toroplus at respective forums.
    DOWNLOADS HERE ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL VARIANTS.
    I'm Very sorry. This is posted on 18th August. I need to start studying now. I'm left with 30 days. :) A major super milestone will come after 11 October :) Please await for my exams to end :) Cheers~

READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING

THE ULTIMATE ASKP USER GUIDE

ju2e7u2a.jpg

"The kernel for the ones who love everything in one."

Let's make it simple.

With the introduction of so many kernels in the forums, every user just wants his/her phone to enjoy the crisp experience of their device. With ASKP, you get to enjoy the brilliant works of all developers into one small kernel. ASKP, is a modified kernel that merges many tweaks together, just like P.A.C.

DISCLAIMER
    We, the ASKP Team, are not responsible for any bricks that are caused by this kernel. When you flash this kernel, you agree that it's what you've done. Read the Thread THOUROUGHLY before posting any redundant questions or are trying to flame for bugs.

Features
    • - Compiled with Codesourcery 4.7.3 May 2013 Toolchain
    • - Advanced Hotplugging System
    • - Optimized lib compression system
    • - Customized Memory Page Allocation from the Linux Community
    • - Optimized Generic Memory Hotplug Drivers
    • - SELinux Upstream Patches
    • - OSELinux System
    • - Joe's RCU
    • - MIUI Compatibility
    • - Google's Sources Merges
    • - Optimized OMAP 4 Tweaks
    • - zsmalloc support
    • - The new XZ Compressed Image
    • - LZ4 RAMDisk and lib compressor module from Linux Upstream
    • - dcache Support
    • - Overall Performance increase System-wide while reducing battery drain
    • - Frandom Optimizations
    • - word-at-a-time Interface by faux123
    • - -pipe Optimizations
    • - Optimized LPDDR RAM Timings
    • - sched per cpu variable which avoids locks
    • - ARM CPU Topology Support
    • - Content Adaptive Brightness (CAB)
    • - Battery Life eXtender (BLX)
    • - Tweaked Governors
      + Ondemand
      + hotplug
      + Interactive *Default*
      + hyper
      + Dynamic Interactive
      + performance
      + Powersave
      + InteractiveX
    • - TCP Algorithims
      + Westwood *Default*
      + reno
      + cubic
      + vegas
      + yeAH
    • - Read-Ahead Buffer
    • - Input/Output Schedulers
      + Noop
      + deadline
      + Sioplus *Default*
      + row
      + CFQ
      + BFQv6
    • - Dynamic File Sync
      + With commits upstream from Faux's source
    • - Gamma Control
    • - GPU Overclocking
      + 308MHz
      + 384MHZ
      + 512MHz
    • - USB Fast Charge
    • - Underclock and Overclock support
      + 198MHz Minimal
      + 1420MHz Maximum
    • - Init.d Support
    • - PGM Support
    • - BLN Support
      + Includes Battery LED
    • - Voltage Control
    • - Sound Control
    • - zRAM Support
    • - Linux Kernel Patch-ups
      + Latest Generic Hotplug Helper from 3.10
      + Interactive governor from 3.4.10
      + lpj from 3.4.10
    • - CGROUP_TIMER_SLACK Feature
    • - WLAN Modulus tweaks and fixes
    • - lib strings tweaks
    • - memhotplug upstream patches
    • - Hotplugging ARM Fixes from Linux 3.11 RC

Source: Github

4.3 Changelog - https://github.com/Amperific/kernel_tuna_4.3/commits

4.2 Changelog - https://github.com/Amperific/kernel_tuna_4.3/commits/milestone

Issues Log.
    • NONE! XD

The ASKP Team.
    *Head Developer* Amperific
    *GFX & Admin* Idrito
    *Head Test Pilot* Okanb3
    *tuna Test Pilot* Khizar

WANT TO TREAT US TO A CUP O' BEER? Donate to us here!

Credits:
    Boy Petersen (Source Base)(Cherry picks)(Up to Build 20)
    CyanogenMod (Source base)(Up to Build 20)(Cherry Picks)
    AOSP (Source Base)(From Build 20 Onwards)
    Imoseyon (Cherry picks)
    idrito (Design)
    Ezekeel (Voltage & Sound Control, BLX)
    Anarkia (AK)(Cherry Picks)
    Franco (FK)(Cherry Picks)
    Edoko (AirKernel)(Cherry Picks)
    Simone201 (N.E.A.K.)(Cherry Picks)
    Faux123 (Cherry Picks)
    Huexxx (Patches)
    Texas Instruments (Generic OMAP Patches)(Source Base)
    Linus Torvalds (Upfront kernel patches)
    ARM Linux (Generic Patches)
    Codesourcery (GCC)
    Samsung (Cherry Picks)
    Qualcomm (Patches)
    _MBQ (FTP File Hosting)
    Downloads

How to's *READ BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING EVEN IF UR DOWNLOADING STABLE*:

- These builds are currently at the super experimental stage. Whichever below are risky for being your daily driver, but I myself test it before release, so rest assured it will boot.
    - By downloading the zip, just wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash the zip.
    - Your first bootup may take up to 9 minutes, So yeah. Take note :) It's not a brick.
    - Lastly, Always check up the issues log and make sure you accept that issue before flashing. I assure you that every single bug will be listed there.
    - +Some Spoiler+ xD So everytime we release a Build, it means that the next build is ready and under testing :) Just to say xD
    - Like our work? Click this! to support us :)
    @lastforone's MEGA All-in-one ASKP Mirror~ Click below :)
    Remember to thank him! :)

• Open Alpha Releases - OBSELETE

• Beta Releases

GOLDEN MASTER RELEASE NOTES
    - Any release that falls under the Golden Master release is a pre-milestone release. With the G.M Builds, you'll get to enjoy 95% stability system-wide. This means that builds falling under G.M are considered daily drivers. But there's a saying, "Nothing is perfect". So yeah. Expect a few issues here and there. Even if there are, it wouldn't be bad. All the major bugs will be completely killed before the Beta phase ends.
    - Boot up speeds won't take as long as Alpha and Beta releases, expect booting to be much shorter :)

• Golden Master Releases *Pre-Milestone*

STABLE RELEASE NOTES
    - Yep. You see this. It means the kernel is good to go, you can take it, put it into your phone, and run it like you're putting a bacon on a bread :) Like spreading butter over a pan. That smooth. There should be virtually no issues here. Even minor ones most probably are ROM-related. Unlike the builds above, you won't get to enjoy super experimental features like higher frequency clock rates. :) Take note of that :D

• STABLE RELEASE

PRE-SUPER MILESTONE RELEASE NOTES
    - This is the final few builds that can near the End Of Line product of the kernel. Whatever is here is extremely experimental, untested and unsupported. These builds are only a minor preview of the upcoming super milestone. Do not think that the main features of the super milestone will appear here. This is because we don't want other developers to strip our works off immediately even before we release the super milestone.

• PSM RELEASE

SUPER MILESTONE RELEASE
    - I've got nothing else to say xD Bugless. Super Stable. End Of Line.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
    - Wait, is this another mainline kernel?
    *No. It is not. ASKP has commits that would come from almost every part of the world. This gives it the feeling of unity, like a unified kernel. Apart from that, Patches from Various manufacturers of the many parts of the phone will be brought upfront into this kernel.

===================================

User-Based Tutorials
    - These are basically either from the quotes of a member utilizing ASKP whom we believe may help you in achieving your optimum performance and battery life from this Kernel.

ASKP Team's :)

Amperific said:
    Clock speed: 192-1228MHz
    Governor: Interactive
    Scheduler: deadline
    Read ahead buffer size: 384
    TCP Congestion: Westwood
    CAB: On
    USB FC: On
    Multi Core Power Saving: 1
    High Performance Sound: On / Boost: 2
    Vibrator Strength: 75
    Battery Life Extender: 100
    Dynamic Fsync: On
    GPU OC: 384MHz
    zRAM: Off
    Smartreflex: All Switched On
    RGB: morfic

User-Specific

gamerman123x said:
    ASKP B14 is really smooth with the ROM LiquidSmooth 2.9 and here are my settings for trickster mod

General:

R.A.B - 512

Schedular - BFQ

CPU Frequency;

Min - 192mhz

Max - 1344mhz

Max Screen Off - 537mhz

Min screen On - 384mhz

Governor - Hyper

Specific:

WiFi High Performance - Off

C.A.B - Off

Force Fast Charge - Off

Multi core Power Saving - 0

High Performance Sound - On

Headphone Volume Boost - 3

Vibrator Strength - 60

Battery Life Extender - 100

Dynamic FSYNC - On

Temperature Limit - 64

GPU OC - 384mhz

ZRAM - Off

Then all voltages are stock

Screen:

Contrast . -21

GAMMA - 6

GAMMA Offset;

Red - 2

Green - 4

Blue - 6

Color Multiplier;

Red - 165

Green - 185

Red - 205

And those are my trickster settings and my phone is buttery smooth no lag..!!

Enjoy!! :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

================================
    =================================== ==

Joining the ASKP Team.

- Yep, you see this. I just feel that being a soloist isn't helping this kernel. I want to bring an up to date kernel to my users as soon as I can, and in fact, I prefer giving them nightly builds. But it is the fact that I can't work on it daily, so I need more help, that's why I am forming a team, a team to help in this kernel. So here are the few people I need :)

+ Kernel Developer (You know it ;)
    + App Developer (Something like A trickster mod?) xD
    + Official Tester - We've got two already :) So Yeah, no need anymore :)

PM me please :) or email me @ Amperific@gmail.com
    **These settings work great with 4.3 based A.S.K.P Kernels!!!**

So most of you that have used AK Kernels in the past know I take pride in finding the perfect kernel settings to provide both great battery and excellent performance, well here are mine for 4.3 based A.S.K.P Kernels, they give excellent performance and battery life without having to turn anything off to get it. For example, I never turn off GPS/Location or 4G, I have all applications that need to be synced set to 30 minutes including but not limited to Facebook, Weather Apps, G+, Currents etc. We spend good money on our devices, no reason to have to turn half of it's amazing features off just to get decent battery life. Seeing as 4.3 has just started doing its rounds for us Galaxy Nexus users I will be tweaking and updating these settings frequently so check back!!!

Please, if you find these settings useful, hit the THANKS button. :D

My Setup:

Cubic
    Deadline
    Read Ahead Buffer: 1024 (The results for RAB will vary so experiment and find one that works best for you if mine do not yield preferred results.)
    InteractiveX (hispeed_freq - 729600 in "Governor Control")
    Min: 192mhz
    Max: 1036mhz
    Max Screen Off: 384mhz (this is to avoid lagging/stuttering of music playback when screen is not on)
    Min Screen On: 192mhz

WiFi High Performance: Off
    Force Fast Charge: Off
    Multicore Power Savings: 2
    High Performance Sound: On
    Headphone Volume Boost: 1
    Dynamic FSYNC: On
    Tempature Limit: 80
    GPU: 384mhz
    ZRAM: Off
    Smartreflex: All On (MPU undervolted by 50 across the board) [with any undervolting there is a risk of freezing and/or SOD's, not all devices play nice with lower voltages so if you find that you are encountering issues just return to stock]

I have no lag, no freezing, good battery life and excellent performance with these settings

Also, my ram sits at between 234mb and 145mb free (unless I am using a heavy resource application or game, in which case it goes right back up after I exit the app/game), I have 130 apps installed.

My battery stats are as so, on low usage I get about 21hrs to 23hrs of standby and 1.5hrs to 2hrs of on-screen time. On normal use I get about 15hrs to 17hrs of standby and about 2hrs to 3hrs of on-screen time. On heavy usage (which is only occasional) I get about 11hrs to 13hrs of standby and about 3hrs to 4hrs of on-screen time. Take into consideration, these battery stats are from a Toro Galaxy Nexus, this means those of you on a Maguro (GSM) model will probably get much better battery life than even this by using my settings.

My Colors:

Content Adaptive Brightness: On
    Contrast: -5
    Gamma Adjustment: 5
    Gamma Offset Red: -5
    Gamma Offset Green: -3
    Gamma Offset Blue: 7
    Color Multiplier Red: 260
    Color Multiplier Green: 276
    Color Multiplier Blue: 340
    Regular Brightness Settings: Autobrightness is off and I have it manually set to 50%

If anyone has issues when the Green Gamma Offset is a negative number boost all Gamma Offset Colors up by 3 to make Red -2, Green 0 and Blue 10, then drop Contrast down to -8 rather than -5, this should give you almost the same result.
    Okay. After reading this whole page, I have a few answers :)

- 350MHz stock like clock is the default lowest, so no need for changes :)

- And, I'll see to the logcat. I fix if possible(99% yes xD)

Last but not least, I'm finally leaving the comfort zone. 3.10 Porting has begun. I'll try my best to fix adb :) Just to say, This kernel will head on to battery consumption, I'll focus on core hotplugging first, once all's well there, we'll focus on RAM, then, Clocking and voltaging. I'll try to create a new Modified DVFS by myself, and try to reduce as much processes needed to control the voltage.

Also, Please do not rant at me for upcoming 3.10 releases. It'll either be in bootloop, or "Android is Upgrading" loop. And yes, I have an experience in porting Linux kernels, I'm a computer engineer and has worked on UNIX. So please be patient for me to get 3.10 working :)

Peace.

if I take too long, I'll leap to the latest Linux kernel and retry porting.