Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] VoronK (for Unlegacy-Android ROM) [4.4][5.x-7.x]

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

Post Reply Email Thread
Logo
Code:
*** Typical Disclaimer

Not responsible... As is.. Bricked devices... You've read this thousand of times. 
Hope everyone here is understanding what he does.
Introduction
Quote:

This is Unlegacy-Android kernel with some extra features that I added/enabled for personal use and decided to share in case someone else like them too.
I've done all I wanted by this moment so probably I am not going to continuously develop and improve this kernel if there will not be such necessity.
If somebody wishes to co-work or continue, I am all for it. Sources are open.

Features
Quote:

Any bugs/features are the same as on Unlegacy-Android stock kernel except those listed here.

• Color control

• Allows to adjust display colors (really?).
    • You need to use third party app like "Trickster MOD" (Requires root) to edit it.
  • Touch wake and Proximity wake

Old cool feature reworked and improved by me.
    Allows to wake device by touching screen and/or proximity sensor.

• It's implemented with interrupts and no one wakelocks at all, that means:
      • No lags. It will always work and will be as responsive as if you pressed power button instead.
        (If it still got lag than you would got the same lag if pressed power button at that moment instead.)
      • Power consumption as minimal as possible. It doesn't keeps device awaken like apps from market, so it can go in deep sleep and not consume power.
        The only power is needed is to power the touch screen and/or proximity. It still consumes power but that is neligible.
        See proof screenshot below.

You may say that 1.2% per hour is a lot but take in mind that I have 4 years old battery that doesn't work long any longer.

• It has no timeouts. Why need them if power consumption is so low?
      I've always hated apps from market that works while you play with them and don't in an hour.
      But they at least had reason of big power consumption due keeping device awaken.

How to enable and setup:

• Again you need to use third party app like "Trickster MOD" (Requires root) to activate and edit it settings.
    • The property "Delay" sets mode, not delay (I used settings from old version).

• Touch - wake device by touching screen
      • Proximity - wake device by proximity sensor
      • LongTouch - addition to Touch. If long press screen than device will sleep again after finger released.
        Example: Touch and hold, device will wake up you will see what you want (e.g. time), release, device fall asleep again.

• 1 = Touch
      • 2 = Proximity
      • 3 = Touch and Proximity
      • 5 = Touch and LongTouch
      • 7 = Touch and LongTouch and Proximity
    • Manually setting from terminal

• enabling
        Code:
        echo 1  > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/touchwake/enabled
      • setting mode. multiply desired mod on 1000. e.g. 7 = 7000
        Code:
        echo 7000 > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/touchwake/delay

Installation instructions
Quote:

Code:
*** Disclaimer

This kernel only for Unlegacy-Android. 
Sure you can try your luck in booting it on another ROM, but that is probably wasting of time.
  1. Prepare your current zimage or boot.img backup for case this kernell will not boot
  2. Boot in bootloader manually or by adb command
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  3. Flash downloaded zimage with fastboot. Replace zimage-file with path to downloaded zimage.
    Code:
    fastboot flash zimage zimage-file
  4. Reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
Sorry for not providing flashable in recovery zip. I had some problems with it.

Download
Quote:

VoronK-zimage-4.4-220117-107103e

Quote:

VoronK-zimage-5.x-7.x-220117-f6cad32
Quote:

VoronK-zimage-7.x-230117-83de8de
Quote:

Changelog
Quote:

Code:
Current changelog: -- 23.01.2017
[note] -- consider previous VoronK-zimage-5.x-7.x-220117-f6cad32 as not working on 7.x builds, uploaded separate version
[new] -- added VoronK-zimage-7.x-230117-83de8de
Older changelogs:

Code:
Changelog: -- 22.01.2017
[note] -- First public build
[new] -- added VoronK-zimage-4.4-220117-107103e
[new] -- added VoronK-zimage-5.x-7.x-220117-f6cad32

XDA:DevDB Information
VoronK, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
Voron.exe
Source Code: https://github.com/VoronFX/VoronK

Kernel Special Features: Color control, Touch wake, Proximity wake

Version Information

Created 2017-01-22
Last Updated 2017-01-23
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Voron.exe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Voron.exe Ad-Free

22nd January 2017, 12:16 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Reserved
22nd January 2017, 12:42 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Reserved
22nd January 2017, 10:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Thanks for your reply @Voron.exe
I build VoronK touch-wake from source but it still not boot on 7.1.1. so I applied your commits on the aosp-7.1 branch of UA tuna kernel and resulting kernel boots fine.
Let's me test how touchwake work (tomorrow).
thanks
yen
23rd January 2017, 05:39 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yen_

Thanks for your reply @Voron.exe
I build VoronK touch-wake from source but it still not boot on 7.1.1. so I applied your commits on the aosp-7.1 branch of UA tuna kernel and resulting kernel boots fine.
Let's me test how touchwake work (tomorrow).
thanks
yen

Cool! I was going to make the same today but you did it first. )
Going to publish that 7.x version a bit later.

UPDATE:
I've try ua_tuna-ota-20170122 (aosp-7.1) build and it doesn't boot even with stock kernel.
What build is the last working?
23rd January 2017, 04:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Ei Voron.exe, thanks for sharing your work.

I just want to point out a wrong link in the first post --> VoronK-zimage-5.x-7.x-220117-f6cad32 (link to 4.4 version).

Only for distracted people like me (I've flashed the 4.4 kernel on 6 build LoL)

Flashed the right version, and all is ok!

thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to fiox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fiox Ad-Free
23rd January 2017, 05:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 453

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voron.exe

I don't know, but I remember @Ziyan saying that 7.1 isn't booting yet, and they're still working on it
23rd January 2017, 05:21 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I've try ua_tuna-ota-20170122 (aosp-7.1) build and it doesn't boot even with stock kernel.

None of them, you need to rebuild a permissive kernel to be able to boot 7.1.1. ATM all nougat builds for tuna from unlegacy site bootloops due to some selinux denials.
Plus, to successfully build a tuna kernel from 7.1 ua branch you need to revert these two commits, which borked kernel build:
http://gerrit.unlegacy-android.org/1151
http://gerrit.unlegacy-android.org/1153
Hope it helps.
bye
yen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _yen_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _yen_ Ad-Free
23rd January 2017, 09:12 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiox

I just want to point out a wrong link in the first post --> VoronK-zimage-5.x-7.x-220117-f6cad32 (link to 4.4 version).

Thank's! My bad. Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yen_

None of them, you need to rebuild a permissive kernel to be able to boot 7.1.1. ATM all nougat builds for tuna from unlegacy site bootloops due to some selinux denials.
Plus, to successfully build a tuna kernel from 7.1 ua branch you need to revert these two commits, which borked kernel build:
http://gerrit.unlegacy-android.org/1151
http://gerrit.unlegacy-android.org/1153

Oh..
I've spent a day and finally got working version for aosp_7.1_tuna_2016-10-21.zip that I published.
For 7.1.1. no luck. You said that have successfully booted by own build?
I can add your version here if you don't mind, cause I get tired of these rebuilds and don't want to spent more time on version that I am not going to use.
23rd January 2017, 10:01 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I can add your version here if you don't mind, cause I get tired of these rebuilds and don't want to spent more time on version that I am not going to use.

No problem, PM me a way to sent it... I've fresh built touch-wake-7.1 branch, works on today UA build.

Just a bug report: during a phone call proximity sensor is active and if you have enabled "power button end call" in Accessibility menu it hangs call. Thus even if you have enabled only touch or touch and long touch....
bye
yen
24th January 2017, 04:55 PM |#11  
Flag Padova
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It's working flawlessly in ua_tuna-ota-20170116 (aosp-6.0) build, but I haven't tried phone calls. Could you consider to implement, if it's not to difficult, double tap to wake instead of only one tap?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)