[Kernel] VoronK (for Unlegacy-Android ROM) [4.4][5.x-7.x]

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2017, 04:55 PM |#11  
Flag Padova
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It's working flawlessly in ua_tuna-ota-20170116 (aosp-6.0) build, but I haven't tried phone calls. Could you consider to implement, if it's not to difficult, double tap to wake instead of only one tap?

24th January 2017, 06:13 PM |#12  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 55

More
oh my god...new kernel for old Gnex, it is excellent!!!
25th January 2017, 10:09 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromfree

It's working flawlessly in ua_tuna-ota-20170116 (aosp-6.0) build, but I haven't tried phone calls. Could you consider to implement, if it's not to difficult, double tap to wake instead of only one tap?

I've already done workaround for phone calls and some more fixes but not yet published.
As for double tab I will see what can I do. Wait a bit for new versions soon, current is a bit buggy.

UPDATE THOUGHTS:
I am currently thinking on implementing all this in kernel module instead of rebuilding kernel.
The PGM/TouchControl guy did the same, sadly he didn't open sources and abandoned development for few income.
If I'll succeed than probably I'll turn this project into an app.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Voron.exe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Voron.exe Ad-Free
1st February 2017, 10:47 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Okay. I've done some work and have some success with modules.
I am planing to make and app that will allow to add this features (touch wake and color control at least) to any tuna kernel and rom and possible in future to other devices too.
The app will (obviously)require root and will be shared for free without ads/trial/limitations but with optional donate.
Does anybody interested in such app? Is it worth to continue?
Cause I've reached all features I wanted and there will be no sense to continue develop if no one interested in results.
Please tell me what you think!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Voron.exe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Voron.exe Ad-Free
1st February 2017, 12:38 PM |#15  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,654

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voron.exe

Okay. I've done some work and have some success with modules.
I am planing to make and app that will allow to add this features (touch wake and color control at least) to any tuna kernel and rom and possible in future to other devices too.
The app will (obviously)require root and will be shared for free without ads/trial/limitations but with optional donate.
Does anybody interested in such app? Is it worth to continue?
Cause I've reached all features I wanted and there will be no sense to continue develop if no one interested in results.
Please tell me what you think!

I think that's a great idea. I think you could probably do it far more easily with AnyKernel2 also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2017, 02:58 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:

I am planing to make and app that will allow to add this features (touch wake and color control at least) to any tuna kernel and rom...

Seems a very interesting project to me as i'm currently running VoronK on top of ua.
Thanks
yen
1st February 2017, 04:26 PM |#17  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

I think that's a great idea. I think you could probably do it far more easily with AnyKernel2 also.

As I understand AnyKernel2 is a script for flashing a kernel into ROM with any ramdisk (Am I wrong?).
If so I can't see any benefits of using it, cause there are much bigger ROM/Kernel incompatibility issues than just a ram disk.
What I do (and almost done) done now is a kernel modules that can be loaded in any kernel (almost) so I can no more care about building own kernel for each ROM version.
Instead I will care about compatibility with different kernels. On the other side users will be free to use kernels which they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yen_

Seems a very interesting project to me as i'm currently running VoronK on top of ua.
Thanks
yen

Thank you too! Your posts make's me to continue developing, although it's not easy, cause I have to study also.

I wonder how many Galaxy Nexus devices still in use?
I fill like there about 100 in the world and I am one of them!
Hope that isn't true =D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voron.exe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Voron.exe Ad-Free
1st February 2017, 04:38 PM |#18  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 27,654

Donate to Me
More
You can use AnyKernel2 to flash over any ramdisk as well as any zImage if you want, check out my GN Synapse Injector zip. So if you want to add modules, etc. to any kernel/ROM AK2 should be much easier than an app I would think!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2017, 09:52 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 535

More
I cannot comment on technical issues, but I do think color control is mandatory in a ROM. And in any computer system, in fact.

Quote:

I fill like there about 100 in the world and I am one of them!
Hope that isn't true =D

One big release of CM13 has 9000 downloads, and a big release of UA 7.1 has 10,000 downloads. Maybe half or less of all current users would ever download these. Personally I have not downloaded either. So I think your feeling is not true. There are more than 100 Galaxy Nexus users.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bamtan2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bamtan2 Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 10:22 AM |#20  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

You can use AnyKernel2 to flash over any ramdisk as well as any zImage if you want, check out my GN Synapse Injector zip. So if you want to add modules, etc. to any kernel/ROM AK2 should be much easier than an app I would think!

With the app it's not hard too. It's like "insmod mymodule.ko". Only needs a root.
App can download anybody and no need to deal with recovery and manual flashing.
Anyway app will needed to control module settings. I think it's more user friendly..
The Following User Says Thank You to Voron.exe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Voron.exe Ad-Free
3rd February 2017, 02:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

With the app it's not hard too. It's like "insmod mymodule.ko". Only needs a root.
App can download anybody and no need to deal with recovery and manual flashing.
Anyway app will needed to control module settings. I think it's more user friendly..

I completely agree.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)