How to Unroot Any Android Device [Universal Guide] Will Work for 99% of All Android Devices
You must have ES File Explorer on your phone: Here
1. Open ES FIle Explorer
2. Tap on Otptions > Settings > Check mark "Root Explorer" > Check mark "Mount File System"
3. Go back and tap the favorite (located on top of the screen) and tap the "/".
4. Go to "System" > "Bin" > Delete "su"(If you can't find the su file it's okay. Not all su files are put here)
5. Go back to "System" > "Xbin" > Delete "su"
You might have it in "Bin","Xbin" or in both places. As long as you have it in 1 of the places your fine.
6. Go back to "System" > "App" > Delete "SuperUser" apk.
You are now unrooted!
How to Unroot Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] [Mac]
Download: GalaxyNexusUnrootMac.zip: Here
1. Download the file above
2. Enter phone into bottloader mode (Hold down volume up, volume down, and power all at the same time until you feel a vibration.
3. Connect your phone to your computer via microUSB (Your phone should have a green start screen)
4. Extract the zip file
5. Move the extract folder to your "Downloads" folder
6. Open "Terminal"
7. Type and press enter after the end of each line
./fastboot-mac flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primela03.img
./fastboot-mac flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxla02.img
./fastboot-mac -w update image-yakju-imm76i.zip
Type ./fastboot-mac oem lock if you are planning on sending your phone back to your carrier or manufacture.
8. Once your phone has rebooting you will be on a fresh stock 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for your Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM.
How to Root Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM,Verizon,Sprint] [Mac]
Download: GalaxyNexusRootMac.zip Here
Step 1: Download the link above
Step 2: Extract the zip file and move the extracted folder into "Downloads" folder
Step 3: Open Terminal and type:
./fastboot-mac oem unlock
Step 4: Plug your phone via microUSB and enter into bootloader mode (Press volume up, volume down, and power button until you feel a vibration)
Step 5: Press volume up and power button to select "Yes" (It says may void warranty, don't worry because you can always lock the booloader if you want)
Step 6: Go back to Terminal and type:
Type for GSM:
./fastboot-mac flash recovery GSM_recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-maguro.img
Type for Verizon:
./fastboot-mac flash recovery Verizon_recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-toro.img
Type for Sprint:
./fastboot-mac flash recovery Sprint_recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-toroplus.img
Step 7: Enter into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode (First enter into Bootloader Mode then press volume up twice and power to select "Recovery")
Step 8: Select "Reboot System Now" using volume and power buttons.
Step 9. Once your phone has finished rebooting Go back to your computer and go to "Downloads > "GalaxyNexusRootMac" and transfer "CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip" into internal Sd card phone.
Get Android file manager to transfer the file: Here
Step 10: Enter into "Bootloader Mode" (Power off phone, hold down volume up, volume down, and power button until you feel a vibration)
Step 11. Press volume up 2x (twice) and power button to select "Recovery"
Step 12. Select "Install Zip from Sdcard" > "Choose Zip from Sdcard" > Select
Step 13. Choose "Yes" > Go Back > Reboot System Now
Once your phone as finished rebooting your phone will be rooted!
For More Great Android Video Tutorials Check Out My Channel! Here