FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PATCH] AGPS Patch 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SAT

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,237
 
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2012, 04:53 PM |#21  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroseek

Yup I've read your descriptions. I was asking for more because in my quest to alleviate the gps issue I've come across other variables that are not in your patch, for instance C2K_HOST and ENABLE_WIPER and I could not find adequate explanations of their meaning.

I've played with INTERMEDIATE_POS and ACCURACY_THRES, currently they are set at 0 and 0 respectively so I will try your suggestions right now.

Don't set the THRES to 0.

The two variables above were removed around v1.3 of this patch. They are no longer useful. C2K is no longer supplied. Its server is gone and not replaced by the contractor.

WIPER was useful in older devices, but sent a lot of newer one's into frenzy mode. Also, it doesn't do so well in the middle of nowhere. I'd have to review my actions/notes to get a handle on what it was for. It's been a year so I don't recall.
2nd June 2012, 05:14 PM |#22  
aeroseek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

Don't set the THRES to 0.

The two variables above were removed around v1.3 of this patch. They are no longer useful. C2K is no longer supplied. Its server is gone and not replaced by the contractor.

WIPER was useful in older devices, but sent a lot of newer one's into frenzy mode. Also, it doesn't do so well in the middle of nowhere. I'd have to review my actions/notes to get a handle on what it was for. It's been a year so I don't recall.

Yeah in hindsight setting THRES=0 was a bad idea.
Thanks for the tips, I will tweak THRES per your suggestions.

The Gnex uses the SirfStarIV gps module. Are you familiar with it at all? It comes with it's own config file: sirfgps.conf. I'm wondering if tweaking any of its variables would be beneficial.
2nd June 2012, 07:23 PM |#23  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroseek

Yeah in hindsight setting THRES=0 was a bad idea.
Thanks for the tips, I will tweak THRES per your suggestions.

The Gnex uses the SirfStarIV gps module. Are you familiar with it at all? It comes with it's own config file: sirfgps.conf. I'm wondering if tweaking any of its variables would be beneficial.

You can send it to me if you wish via private message, but no I'm not.
2nd June 2012, 08:30 PM |#24  
benrees21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grays
Thanks Meter: 1,088
 
More
Confirms it works on Galaxy Nexus. Was taking about 2 mins to get a lock on before, first go with this it took 10 seconds. Thank you very much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Rascream ROM and the one and only Trinity kernel.
2nd June 2012, 08:45 PM |#25  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benrees21

Confirms it works on Galaxy Nexus. Was taking about 2 mins to get a lock on before, first go with this it took 10 seconds. Thank you very much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Rascream ROM and the one and only Trinity kernel.

Thanks for the heads up!
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
11th June 2012, 11:24 AM |#26  
marky9074's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maidstone
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Stumbled across this after trying to find a way to get GPS working whilst I am at sea (and without a data connection)...

Stock gps.conf would do nothing without a data connection. A slightly modified one fired up after ~180 seconds. The bundled gps.conf in this package had TTFF ~90 seconds which is some improvement..

If anybody has any further tweaks for a non-data connection they would be much appreciated, but must say am very happy thanks..
11th June 2012, 03:36 PM |#27  
lesilent's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So...i have copied gps.conf (for NO-SSL builds) into /etc/ of the system using Root Explorer. I rebooted my Nexus and...? That's all ?

I'm at office now...i could test GPS later on.

11th June 2012, 04:42 PM |#28  
co.ag.2005's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
thanks OP. I'll give this a try. My GN takes forever to lock onto satellites.
11th June 2012, 04:44 PM |#29  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesilent

So...i have copied gps.conf (for NO-SSL builds) into /etc/ of the system using Root Explorer. I rebooted my Nexus and...? That's all ?

I'm at office now...i could test GPS later on.

Pretty much.
11th June 2012, 05:42 PM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
I tried to flash the CWM SSL file, got installation aborted. Running CWR Touch 5.0.8.2 i believe it is, on Gnex AOKP B39
11th June 2012, 05:58 PM |#31  
crypted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 4,237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerica243

I tried to flash the CWM SSL file, got installation aborted. Running CWR Touch 5.0.8.2 i believe it is, on Gnex AOKP B39

And you ignored the other two installation methods? Or, did those fail as well? If you have not tried those, do so now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, fix, gps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes