FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] [RADIO] [GSM] Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 Baseband Collection & Discussion

11,271 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,928

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 22nd December 2011, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st February 2012, 01:13 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm not sure if anyone has tried this but i tried the SC04DOMLA1 on my Gnex on Three in the UK and it didn't pick up any signal

I'm using M420KRKL1 at the moment with no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to bewA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bewA Ad-Free

21st February 2012, 02:50 PM |#102  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 1,448

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewA

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this but i tried the SC04DOMLA1 on my Gnex on Three in the UK and it didn't pick up any signal

I'm using M420KRKL1 at the moment with no issues.

I will note it has very "stable" performance on the front page then
21st February 2012, 06:33 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hello guys. Last week the Galaxy Nexus was released in Brazil, under a different name though(Galaxy X). This is due to a legal dispute over the Nexux brand. Anyway, I thought you guys might find the baseband info useful:

I9250UIKL3

I can't provide you guys with a dump as I have an european model myself but I'll try to find someone that can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120219_145822.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	913220  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicholasbgr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicholasbgr Ad-Free
21st February 2012, 07:24 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
SC04DOMLA1 works good on NetCom in Norway.
21st February 2012, 08:26 PM |#105  
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhouse

SC04DOMLA1 works good on NetCom in Norway.

I can confirm this. XXKL1 seems faster at peak speeds, but SC04DOMLA1 seems more stable. At least that is my impression having been using it for around a week or so.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
21st February 2012, 09:04 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Best signal strength (so far)
The XXKL1 provides me with definitely the best signal strength so far (Germany, Telekom Deutschland D1)

Tested XXKK1 (like already posted / said: not recommended for >4.0.1 users, had a very bad signal strength and often complete Offline "hangs") and the XXKK6 (besser like the XXKK1, but worse than the XXKL1).

The difference is really remarkable, didn't expect this - Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lypsis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lypsis Ad-Free
21st February 2012, 10:44 PM |#107  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasbgr

Hello guys. Last week the Galaxy Nexus was released in Brazil, under a different name though(Galaxy X). This is due to a legal dispute over the Nexux brand. Anyway, I thought you guys might find the baseband info useful:

I9250UIKL3

I can't provide you guys with a dump as I have an european model myself but I'll try to find someone that can.

Can't wait to flash a new radio for North/South America.

Thanks
22nd February 2012, 05:39 PM |#108  
Toronto, Canada/Manassas, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee19

Currently running UGKL1, showing the best results so far on Rogers.

Has anyone else done some testing to see which is the best radio for Rogers? My Nexus came with UGKL1 and I'm lucky to hold 2 bars. Data drops regularly, which is annoying. 4 blocks away, I can barely hold 1 car of signal and the phone dips in and out of being in service. I am in south east Scarborough (Toronto). The serivce here absolutely sucks! Elsewhere in the city, it's good but not in my end.
22nd February 2012, 06:03 PM |#109  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 10,700

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

Has anyone else done some testing to see which is the best radio for Rogers? My Nexus came with UGKL1 and I'm lucky to hold 2 bars. Data drops regularly, which is annoying. 4 blocks away, I can barely hold 1 car of signal and the phone dips in and out of being in service. I am in south east Scarborough (Toronto). The serivce here absolutely sucks! Elsewhere in the city, it's good but not in my end.

Why don't you flash some radios and try them out for a few days or so? Only you will be able to test which is the best radio, given that performance will vary with, among other things, individual usage patterns, weather, geography, obstacles, proximity to antennas, etc. That is why it makes it very difficult for you to get a sense of which radio is better for you based on someone else's results, unless the person is in the same vicinity as you, travels the same paths as you, has the same usage pattern as you, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift efrant Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 10:03 PM |#110  
Flag Oslo

More
Posted a new, updated radio-grabbing utility (which mskip supposedly considers for his galaxy nexus utility pack ) with updated instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...76&postcount=8
23rd February 2012, 08:51 PM |#111  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasbgr

I9250UIKL3

Which baseband are you using here in Brazil?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, fastboot, flashable, gsm, hspa, i9250, maguro, radio

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)