I'm pleased to present the Ir14 release of my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS required if coming from another ROM or a pre-Ir11 release. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!
Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
- Based on the 4.0.4 / IMM76I release
- Stock Kernel and franco.Kernel options - with Franco's kind permissions, the kitchen contains his milestone releases
- Added initial support for contact sync via the Facebook app. Further enhancements to follow, but basically functionality should now be working
- EFS auto-backup script
- 'TweakDeck', Galaxy Nexus optimised Tweetdeck
- All Google components are running the latest
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
- Alternative SuperSU from Chainfire in the ktichen
- SQLite performance patch
- Not odexed
- Insecure boot image
- Launcher with rotate support
- Nova Launcher as default launcher (courtesy of teslacoil software)
- Apex Launcher a secondary option (I now use this because of it's vertical scroll support)
- Tesla LED (courtesy of teslacoil software)
- Alternative appstores (Amazon, GetJar patched for maximum compatability and SlideMe Market)
- Faster rotation
- Trackball Alert Pro compatibility
- Alernative UI options (clickable when hidden menu keys with alternate locations, search button)
- Percentage battery mod (circle and normal) included - now independent of the custom UI buttons option
- Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
- Enhanced Power Menu by djmcnz (updated for Ir13)
- Development Tools
- ClockworkMod ROM Manager
- Disabled menu key unlock
- init.d support on boot
- Customised keyboard (enhanced prediction options, see advanced settings)
- Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)
- Titanium Backup
- avast! Mobile Security baked in
- CyanogenMod APN list
- CyangoenMod Dialer
- Disable camera shutter sound
- MMS compatability patch
- XXLA2 baseband
- Much much much more!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.
- Ir14 GSM release - DOWNLOAD - MD5: e4e89bb93dc9a0034126313555c238c2
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
If you have a general question, please post in the topic.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.