This is a clean ROM for Galaxy Nexus built from the AOSP source code.
Why this is a different AOSP-based ROM
The main goal is to reach a perfect configuration maintaining the stock interface and the stock kernel without compromising the stability of the pure Google AOSP ROM.
For this reason I deleted a lot of files which I repute not necessary for a smartphone like the Galaxy Nexus.
Less apps are loaded by Android system, more battery is available for you!
This is the main/daily ROM for my smartphone and its purpose is to be stable and to not drain battery.
I recommend to use the stock kernel for this reason and to maintain the same configuration.
If you want a more customized ROM, please look for CyanogenMod or AOKP based ROMs, they are the best and safe way to obtain the best usage from the Android System.
But if you agreed with me, if you want to really use a smartphone for working purpose, if you want to use the Galaxy Nexus to call people and if you don't need to "amaze" your Apple-funboys with Live Wallpapers, Swipe gestures on keyboard, Photosphere and other stuffs (please let me kid a little), then you are welcome to my work.
- Compiled against Android 4.3.1 AOSP branch android-4.3.1_r1 (JLS36I);
- Fully disabled bugreports in kernel and ramdisk;
- Persistent root with su binary;
- Added the rotation toggle in Quick Settings;
- Disabled the Select Input Method notification when the keyboard is on;
- Minimal set of Google Apps;
- Flash Player support;
- Enabled Location Provider support;
- Blocked ads with custom hosts file;
- init.d folder;
- Compiled with new binary files;
- Optimized audio quality;
- Added compatibility for TouchControl PGM (slide to unlock gesture);
- Added the Clear All button on recent apps;
- Added H+ icon support for HSPA+ network type;
- Support for AOSP browser bookmarks sync;
- Changed WiFi Tile behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
- Changed Mobile Data behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
- Changed Bluetooth Tile behavior in Quick Settings (one click ON/OFF toggle);
- One finger pulls down the Quick Settings if no notifications in status bar;
Download from Google Code
If you liked my work, please hit the Thanks button and consider a free donation, thank you