FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [5.1.1] ZMoD (09/09)

754 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,710
 
Post Reply Email Thread
ZMoD is an AOSP-based Android 5.1 ROM focused to bring the most popular features to a clean, AOSP-based ROM.

A bit of history: when 5.1 released, I was impressed by the memory management fixes it brought us - it's a lot better than 5.0 was. Since I use my phone heavily, mostly for texting with multiple apps, it was clear that I couldn't go back to 5.0 anymore - however, there were no feature-filled 5.1 ROMs yet, so an idea popped into my mind: why not create one? This is how the first version of ZMoD born.

Features
- RRO theming support
- screenshots: quick delete action
- configurable wakeup on charger connect
- configurable volume button wake
- advanced reboot
- show application's package name in the "App info" screen
- statusbar clock and date customizations
- option to hide USB debugging icon
- clock and time clickable in statusbar
- battery icon customizations
- alarm clock: increasing volume option
- alarm clock: flip and shake actions
- materialized gallery, calendar, browser and sms (not fully done yet) app
- material default wallpaper
- swipe in AOSP keyboard


Todo
- battery and notification light customizations


Instructions
First time flashing ZMoD to your maguro (or coming from another ROM)?
Unlock & install a recovery
Wipe data & cache partitions
Flash ZMoD.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Updating from a previous build?
Just install the latest ROM zip. If you had Google Apps installed, you need to re-flash it as well.

Downloads
Latest build: see the downloads section.

Google Apps: [URL="http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps[/URL] (CM12.1) or any other gapps package for 5.1


[SIZE="5"]Bugs[/SIZE]
- thin purple line(s) on the edge of some recorded videos

XDA:DevDB Information
ZMoD, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
Ziyan, MWisBest, freshgiammi, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
Source Code: https://github.com/ZMoD-R

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Status: Beta

Created 2015-03-21
Last Updated 2016-02-12
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-16 00.25.40.jpg
Views:	186410
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	3220956  
The Following 155 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st March 2015, 02:32 AM |#2  
madhavs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 311
 
More
Wow thanks a lot @Ziyan
The Following User Says Thank You to madhavs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madhavs Ad-Free
21st March 2015, 02:36 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
Nice! Thank you very much, this is just what I have been waiting for...a 5.1 ROM with volume rocker wake support!
The Following User Says Thank You to Culex316 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Culex316 Ad-Free
21st March 2015, 02:52 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Kudos! @ziyan
wow! thanks a lot for making GNEX alive @Ziyan, i'll flash it right away. long live Gnex!
21st March 2015, 02:53 AM |#5  
Fenix46's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Canicatti
Thanks Meter: 618
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks ... in donwload... tomorrow I try to duty with your kernel ... but it will be a bomb, then I think I will change it to prove my kernel, I think I'll change rom to do the tests to my kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenix46 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fenix46 Ad-Free
21st March 2015, 03:16 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
where can i download this? sorry im sort of new! disregard my ignorance. i guess the downloads tab is there for a reason lol
21st March 2015, 03:21 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaZ1Canada

where can i download this? sorry im sort of new


Up there's an instruction written by @Ziyan
21st March 2015, 03:44 AM |#8  
Merio90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Question Bugs?
Bugs
- offmode charging broken
- green bars on the edge of the recorded videos

Thanks alot Ziyan for keeping this phone alive and running.
Just to clarify... Ziyan are those the only bugs you have come across? Are there any other bugs that we should be aware of such as graphical glitches or wifi/data issues bluetooth perhaps? Would this be considered a daily driver? Sorry about all the questions, but I really want to jump to a 5.0 rom 4.4.4 just isn't cutting it anymore. I have all kinds of ram issues all the times, forcing me to reboot my phone on a daily basis. I think this would be the perfect opportunity for me to transition to a lolipop rom, but I would like to know if this rom is stable enough for daily use.
21st March 2015, 04:31 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merio90

Bugs
- offmode charging broken
- green bars on the edge of the recorded videos

Thanks alot Ziyan for keeping this phone alive and running.
Just to clarify... Ziyan are those the only bugs you have come across? Are there any other bugs that we should be aware of such as graphical glitches or wifi/data issues bluetooth perhaps? Would this be considered a daily driver? Sorry about all the questions, but I really want to jump to a 5.0 rom 4.4.4 just isn't cutting it anymore. I have all kinds of ram issues all the times, forcing me to reboot my phone on a daily basis. I think this would be the perfect opportunity for me to transition to a lolipop rom, but I would like to know if this rom is stable enough for daily use.


done flashing. so far so good here. bugs presented above is present. but im gonna try use this rom for more days, (as same as othe LP 5.1) but as i remember from my past flsh from other roms., the more you installed apps the more it getting slow and bugs. well so far here i just installed those social media apps and its running good to me, but i couldn't say its that stable but lets just help @Ziyan and give some reports. well im not that fun on CM roms but ill give this a shot coz its the only rom who is willing to support our legacy phone and make it alive again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Akosijasper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Akosijasper Ad-Free
21st March 2015, 04:38 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
This is awesome! Thanks a lot @Ziyan. I've been using your CM11 builds for a long time. But who needs CM when we have you? CM11 is way too laggy for a while - which is by no means your fault! - and all the stories about 5.1 will definitely make me part of your test group. So I'll stop writing now and start downloading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AgentSmith For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AgentSmith Ad-Free
21st March 2015, 04:39 AM |#11  
Merio90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akosijasper

done flashing. so far so good here. bugs presented above is present. but im gonna try use this rom for more days, (as same as othe LP 5.1) but as i remember from my past flsh from other roms., the more you installed apps the more it getting slow and bugs. well so far here i just installed those social media apps and its running good to me, but i couldn't say its that stable but lets just help @Ziyan and give some reports. well im not that fun on CM roms but ill give this a shot coz its the only rom who is willing to support our legacy phone and make it alive again.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Well I think I am gonna go ahead and flash it myself. I too will report any bugs if I come across any. Hopefully it is stable enough to be a daily driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to Merio90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Merio90 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, ddk 1.9, lollipop, ponies, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes