[ROM][6.0.1] LineageOS 13.0

Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Sorry I didn't know that such a modification is already available. But your solution is really great! Two questions: Do your mod persist a /system wipe? And in which location do I have to save my pngs that the script can find it?

You supply the location as an argument on the command-line, so wherever, but /sdcard would be logical. Yes, the modifications are to the bootloader's sbl partition, so they survive a full wipe, and also for that reason should be done with care. I've made every precaution I could in my scripting to prevent a corrupt bootloader, but recognize that the potential is there and you make such mods at your own risk. :)

It does not survive a bootloader flash, naturally, and coexists nicely with RePIT. It also requires JPEGs because that's what Google/Samsung used. Closely read and follow my instructions in my linked logohack posts in that thread to know how to properly prepare the images to be used in the script.

Last edited:

Childe89

Oct 2, 2014
Trnava
Hello, I´m not using this phone much anymore, just as backup device, but flashed newest nightly and It´s nice to see this device is still supported :) And how much RAM was made available since the first Lollipop builds :)
Everything I tried worked in last nightly, except minor problem in Camera - switching between main and front cameras closes Camera app, so you have to reopen app after each switch - but I suppose It´s RAM allocation issue, and more free ram is worth it :) But might be on my side also, because my device performance is suffering by very slow eMMC (famous V3U00M) and fstrim just makes it a bit better, so It´s usable :) (that´s also the reason I switched to different device)

Reactions: bamtan2

MrFlashGame

Dec 11, 2016
Hey folks,
I've found another bug in the newest LOS nightly: If I hear music and turn the display off and turn it on again and want to take a photo over the lockscreen while the music still runs the music stucks and I have to jump over to the next song to fix this bug. I hope this gets fixed soon even it's a small bug.

Greetings, Nils

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
IIRC someone here recently bought a maguro to dev on it.
Can this person share me his github/gerrit account?
I would like to start working on 14.1 for maguro with the actual dev community.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: bamtan2 and osm0sis

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
@nailyk github.com/andi34 , but i don't think lineage and roms based on lineage are the best places for non QCOM devices anymore. Things changed a lot within last years... It happens quite more often you need to fix bugs introduced by CAF which aren't ifdefed properly... And if you find the broken bits you will have a lot of fun explaining what and why you are fixing it before it get merged (if it ever gets merged). Atm i think UA is the best place to work on.

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
@nailyk github.com/andi34 , but i don't think lineage and roms based on lineage are the best places for non QCOM devices anymore. Things changed a lot within last years... It happens quite more often you need to fix bugs introduced by CAF which aren't ifdefed properly... And if you find the broken bits you will have a lot of fun explaining what and why you are fixing it before it get merged (if it ever gets merged). Atm i think UA is the best place to work on.
Thanks!
UA?
I recently talk with the SII maintainer. They have some pending changes (maybe merged now) for our/their soc and they are running 14.1 onto it. (cannot find the gerrit link right now)
I have big hope it will works.
Also I still have this link: https://zeelogkang.blogspot.fr/ where there are some 14.1 builds :)

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
UA = Unlegacy Android.

Time is the most killer for me atm, still need to replace my LG G4 asap because i lost all my data twice in a short time (known official problem with bootloop on that phone... And it'll be back sooner or later...) and still need to find a part time job.

On lineage it took a while to bring the common omap4 hw repo almost inline with the stuff our omap4 team brought to us... And still it's missing tuna support in some parts which makes maintaining unneeded complicated.

Another killer on official Lineage for tuna: i am quite sure they won't accept unified builds ;)

Reactions: bamtan2 and osm0sis

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
@nailyk btw i think you mean the exynos4 Galaxy S2 (i9100)? The omap Galaxy S2 (i9100g) isn't worked on anymore afaik, at least no one actively working together with us and i haven't heared from that device since kitkat/ beginn of lollipop (?).

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
I don't think unified would be a problem for Lineage, for example LineageOS for OnePlus 3 and 3t is a unified build for both too

@nailyk btw i think you mean the exynos4 Galaxy S2 (i9100)? The omap Galaxy S2 (i9100g) isn't worked on anymore afaik, at least no one actively working together with us and i haven't heared from that device since kitkat/ beginn of lollipop (?).

UA = Unlegacy Android.

Time is the most killer for me atm, still need to replace my LG G4 asap because i lost all my data twice in a short time (known official problem with bootloop on that phone... And it'll be back sooner or later...) and still need to find a part time job.

On lineage it took a while to bring the common omap4 hw repo almost inline with the stuff our omap4 team brought to us... And still it's missing tuna support in some parts which makes maintaining unneeded complicated.

Another killer on official Lineage for tuna: i am quite sure they won't accept unified builds ;)

Thanks for the anwsers.
Yes unified trees are good. We^wThey are bringinup shinano (xperia z2,z3 and variant) with a 'unified' tree and the official is on the go.
Yes I would say the 'g' one, because, afaik, it is the same soc as us.
I remember seeing that huge framework commit, with some #ifdef tuna. Into the comment they said everything is fine but didnot test maguro.
I will try to highlight the old maintainer ( @doriandiaconu ) on irc, maybe he can share me the link again.
Will start looking at all of this the coming week.

Also I think 14.1 will be good as many 'low-ram-device' users (~1Go) report smoothest device on N than M.
Am really not an expert so will try to paste what I find here.

bamtan2

Mar 15, 2012
I would like to start working on 14.1 for maguro with the actual dev community.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you for this nailyk! We have had many good and generous developers come through this community, and it is crucial that we all welcome new developers who will take the place of those who have departed!

In my experience CM12.1 is the most stable and performant recent version of android for this device. I believe this is because it received the most attention from the largest group of developers for the longest period of time. It would be a real achievement for someone to bring UA or LOS14 up to the same quality standard.

Reactions: nailyk and osm0sis

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Thank you for this nailyk! We have had many good and generous developers come through this community, and it is crucial that we all welcome new developers who will take the place of those who have departed!

In my experience CM12.1 is the most stable and performant recent version of android for this device. I believe this is because it received the most attention from the largest group of developers for the longest period of time. It would be a real achievement for someone to bring UA or LOS14 up to the same quality standard.
Thanks for your encouragements.
I know am not skilled enough to make something as good as the 12.1 but will do my test to help the devs.
AFAIK there is another N rom for maguro, maybe it can help us.

Reactions: Injek
Last edited:

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
AnyKernel for maguro, toro and toroplus attached. Adresses the following CVE & LVT:
  • CVE-2016-9794
  • CVE-2016-9793
  • CVE-2016-9754
  • CVE-2016-8655
  • CVE-2016-7915
  • CVE-2016-7911
  • CVE-2016-7910
  • CVE-2016-6786-CVE-2016-6787
  • CVE-2016-6136
  • CVE-2016-2184
  • CVE-2016-1583
  • CVE-2016-10208
  • CVE-2016-10088
  • CVE-2016-10044
  • CVE-2015-8966
  • CVE-2015-8963
  • CVE-2015-8962
  • CVE-2015-8019
  • CVE-2015-8019
  • CVE-2014-9420
  • LVT-2017-0001
  • LVT-2017-0002
The LVT commits are an workaround/fix for an Lineage SU vulnerability because it is not fixed in su source yet.

Attached AnyKernel should work on all roms from 4.4 up to 7.1 (only kitkat has an own kernel config and that's why there's an seperate zip attached) - it is not specific for LineageOS.

All mentioned CVE and LVT commits can be found on LineageOS gerrit.

Attachments

• AnyKernel-2017-06-07-tuna.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 24
  • AnyKernel-2017-06-07-KitKat-tuna.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 13.0
    Marshmallow - Android 6.0

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Additional Information:

Download:
    The latest builds & changelogs are available at

Extras:

Google Apps can be found at http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=pico - beware that only the pico version will fit, unless you change your partition sizes! Also, starting from M, it's recommended to install gapps before the initial boot so the permissions are properly set up.

Bugs:
    - Sometimes, quiet speaker pop sounds can be heard at the beginning and/or end of some audio streams (ie. touch sounds - the workaround is to disable them). For some reason, this isn't affecting everyone.
    - Report back anything else you find which isn't listed here :)

FAQ:
    Does this ROM supports F2FS?
    - Yes, on /data and /cache - although /cache F2FS support might get removed in the future, as it's worthless.

Does this ROM uses DDK 1.9?
    - Yes, with all the camera issues (ie. pink lines, rare crashes) resolved.

Why does the initial boot take so long, and where are my live wallpapers?!
    - To make room on the system partition for the (bigger) M gapps packages, I had to sacrifice dexpreopt and the live wallpapers. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes.

Will you release newer ZMoD builds or something?
    - Yes, as soon as the memory optimizations are finalized and I find enough time...

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    Ziyan, MWisBest, Android-Andi, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-11
    Last Updated 2018-12-30
    New build up:
    - synced with the CM sources as of 05/30
    - enabled CMA from the OMAP4-AOSP project

Report back how it works - I'd like to move the nightlies from 12.1 to 13.0 as soon as possible, but good user feedback is a must (don't worry, there will be a 12.1 snapshot build on get.cm before the switch happens) :)
    New build up:
    - synced with the CM repos @ 03/10
    - more userspace memory freed up (876mb available atm)
    - fixed RIL crash after the other party ends the call (thanks to @MWisBest)

To be honest, other than quickly checking if stuff works properly, I didn't test this build thoroughly, as we've mainly focused on OMAP4-AOSP, so report back if there are any new issues :)
    Hey @Ziyan,

Any plans to release a new build with ZRAM disabled anytime soon? Think it would be a pretty stable release :)

Thanks.

There it is. Other than that and the sync with the CM repos, a minor SELinux fix and the return of enforcing (the last build was permissive), there aren't any tuna specific changes. I'm thinking about updating the extract-files script in the following days, and finally switching the nightlies to 13.0 (after getting the CM guys to create a 12.1 snapshot).
    Well, the nightlies are now switched over to 13.0, with a snapshot build of CM12.1 added to get.cm. I think this reached the stability and performance of 12.1 :) as a side note, for those who're upgrading from 12.1, be careful - you need to flash a 6.0 compatible gapps before the first boot of 13.0!