FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][CM10] CyanogenMod+

686 posts
Thanks Meter: 350

By djjonastybe, Senior Member on 27th August 2012, 10:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
PLEASE HELP VOTING FOR THE FEATURES I COMMIT!

Current CyanogenMod has some bugs and limitations which I try to resolve. Some solutions were found by others. Some solutions I found.

I also try to put more features into CyanogenMod's kernel. So there is no need going for another one.

You want to see a new feature in CyanogenMod?
If you want to see a new feature in CyanogenMod please let me know. I only handle new kernel features at the moment. If you want to see new governors or new IO schedulers for example let me know and I will push them into the official repositories.

Approved commits
- Change Ic8722ac5: Added scripts to extract proprietary files to comply with the CM9 tutorial
- Change I7fc7c517: Fixed overclocking Power HAL module
- Change Ia93c111a: DPLL_CORE_M6_OPP100_RATE should be 266666666 (Ezekeel)

My patches for CM10
Here are my contributions listed. My changes will eventually arrive in every CyanogenMod based ROM. If they are denied to the official CyanogenMod kernel I might still include them here in my ROM. Note that I might discard the denied features at any time.
If you like my work feel free to buy me a beer. (Belgium has so many beers I'd like to try)
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/dashboard/4343

ROM Features
+ Custom Voltage v3 (Ezekeel)
+ I/O Schedulers added/modified:
----- BFQ v4
----- Deadline: fifo_batch 1
----- SIO v0.2

Downloads (CyanogenMod with pending or unapproved commits)
Cyanogenmod 10 Build 20120912
Cyanogenmod 10 Build 20120913 (NEW: change GPU OC from Settings application)
Cyanogenmod 10 Build 20120918
- MPU Undervolted (if you get a random reboot let me know and i will up all voltaged by 25mv until it's stable for everone.) Undervolted from 750mv (350mhz) to 1175mhz (1350mhz)
- Custom voltage from ezekeel.
- Disable MPU Smartreflex to use my custom voltages
- Make sure you have a rom backed up in case the mpu voltages are too low for you

Google Nexus Device Maintainers
- Robert Burns
- Kalimochoaz (Rafael Salas)

Documentation
- http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/

Please vote and review my commits so they can be included faster in CyanogenMod, also motivate in your review why you would like to see it in the official CyanogenMod kernel
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to djjonastybe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djjonastybe Ad-Free

27th August 2012, 03:00 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tienen

Donate to Me
More
Updated thread. Please make a account at the link and vote +1 on every patch I have made. So we have these bugs fixed faster
The Following User Says Thank You to djjonastybe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djjonastybe Ad-Free
27th August 2012, 03:36 PM |#3  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,000

Donate to Me
More
add Rafael Salas (the cm galaxy nexus mantainer) and Steve Kondik (cyanogen) as reviewer, they will check, approve and merge ur patch..otherwise no one will care about ur patch..no need other people to signup

about the kernel upstream update, im not sure thats the way the cm team usually do it
27th August 2012, 04:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tienen

Donate to Me
More
Thank you. I added them as a reviewer.

Have you actually built the CM10 source? I am really confused on how to build it. I start screaming at the part with the proprietary files because there is no extract-files.sh

I have put the binaries in the correct folders like I did with AOSP ROMs but I get a boot loop at the bootlogo.
27th August 2012, 04:47 PM |#5  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,000

Donate to Me
More
in the past i built cm9 using cm wiki here

I guess it should be something similar for cm10 (apart from the branch to be jellybean of course)

i don't know to much details anyway
27th August 2012, 06:01 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tienen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andQlimax

in the past i built cm9 using cm wiki here

I guess it should be something similar for cm10 (apart from the branch to be jellybean of course)

i don't know to much details anyway

I used that one as a reference too, but this section is not applicable to cm10:
Copy Proprietary Files

So I was hoping for a workaround like this:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32731-how...-galaxy-nexus/

But I think there are erros in the guide

local_manifest.xml should be:
Quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<remote fetch="http://github.com/" name="gh" revision="master" />
<remote fetch="https://github.com/TheMuppets/" name="TheMuppets" revision="jellybean" />
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="gh" revision="jellybean" />
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_imgtec" path="vendor/imgtec" remote="gh" revision="jellybean" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_maguro" path="device/samsung/maguro" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_tuna" path="kernel/samsung/tuna" remote="github" revision="jb" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_tuna" path="device/samsung/tuna" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
</manifest>

then a repo sync and you will have everything. but it doesn'T seem to be working.

Then again I took the latest proprietary files from google as well
27th August 2012, 09:13 PM |#7  
Flag cesena,IT
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjonastybe

Thank you. I added them as a reviewer.

Have you actually built the CM10 source? I am really confused on how to build it. I start screaming at the part with the proprietary files because there is no extract-files.sh

I have put the binaries in the correct folders like I did with AOSP ROMs but I get a boot loop at the bootlogo.

me too...same problem mate..try with THIS,is made by a guy (not found nick).It's for gsm maguro,if anyone want to use that on others gnex variants,some modifyes are needed.
after searching a lot,it seems that the extract-files it isn't available for cm10 yet and it doesn't sync with repo.place that in coreect folder and run it like every official scipts.
This,is the problems that i have from a month..tried without that,but build compile but don't works (same problems,no boot animation,and stuck at it.phone seems powered off)
27th August 2012, 10:14 PM |#8  
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 1,534

Donate to Me
More
there wont be a extract-files.sh in CM10 because it was changed to generate-packages.sh I believe.
28th August 2012, 10:28 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tienen

Donate to Me
More
generate-packages.sh looks like it.

I will try extract-files.sh as well. Together with:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...p-makefiles.sh

We need the stock OTA package and place it in the same dir as generate-packages.sh I think

We need this zip: yakju-ota-398337.zip

Googled it but no dice

btw: the 3.0.39-3.0.41 patches have been rejected already. Still no response for the real hotfixes yet
28th August 2012, 10:50 AM |#10  
Flag TORINO
Thanks Meter: 22

More
do you have d/l and extracted proprietary files?

https://developers.google.com/androi...s#magurojro03h

extract in android/system and execute the file...at the bottom of license write : i accept (or some that license requires )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
28th August 2012, 11:35 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tienen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llohcyoing

do you have d/l and extracted proprietary files?

https://developers.google.com/androi...s#magurojro03h

extract in android/system and execute the file...at the bottom of license write : i accept (or some that license requires )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I did that. But I will end up with a boot loop anyway.

It's so depressing.

mbh87 you did realise you may have been missing setup-makefiles.sh ? You can copy that script from ics as well.
I am now compiling again.
The Following User Says Thank You to djjonastybe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djjonastybe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)