[ROM] JBSourceryEncore-GSM [06/07/13] The Final Call

Search This thread

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
Re: [ROM] JBSourceryV5.0-GSM [02/24/13] JB4.2.2

its called afterburner theme. i tried a couple of other themes and some have partially changed volor on the toggles so i guess its a theme issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Doublewise

Aug 5, 2011

Just curious this v5.0 behaviour: if one app is open then open recent screen, then tap another app, and then tap back button, what happen? does the latest open app show up or back to app drawer? My logic is, due to multi tasking, the latest open app should be show up...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

tdevaughn

Oct 31, 2010
Davidson, NC
the back button doesnt return you to previously open apps, it takes you back out of the current app to either the home screen or app drawer.. depending on which you opened the app from.

cpetersen2791

Mar 12, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
Anyone else having problems with MMS on AT&T? I can't send or receive on 5.0. SMS working, just not MMS.

If the fix doesn't work (it didn't work for me), use this version of mms instead. download apk, copy to system/app folder using a root explorer program (I use ES File Explorer), rename the existing mms.apk to mms.apkold, paste the blk-mms.apk, and change permissions via properties to rw-r-r, and reboot.

mms worked after that. Good luck.

https://www.box.com/s/lkio16h0jrp7czhos17y

Reactions: chadikins

chadikins

Aug 12, 2010
If the fix doesn't work (it didn't work for me), use this version of mms instead. download apk, copy to system/app folder using a root explorer program (I use ES File Explorer), rename the existing mms.apk to mms.apkold, paste the blk-mms.apk, and change permissions via properties to rw-r-r, and reboot.

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly give this a try in the morning as now it is past my bed time and I need my beauty rest.

I am not sure this problem is a question of Access Point Info as I pretty much copied the APN information exactly from a buddies Samsung S3 and it did not help. I have had APN issues with other ROM's and phones in the past and had no trouble getting them to work. Hope they can get this one figured out. This is a great ROM.

In the meantime I will give your fix a shot and report back with results. Again, thanks for the reply. Have a thumbs up:good:

Till the morrow then...

Doublewise

Aug 5, 2011

the back button doesnt return you to previously open apps, it takes you back out of the current app to either the home screen or app drawer.. depending on which you opened the app from.

My concern is tap back button after opening app from recent screen. I thought it should show up the app that was active before open recent screen.

Another weird thing is it also always back to apex app drawer although I have another launcher (miui launcher) as default launcher.

...and another weird I found is after a couple hours I use my phone, back from app that was open from recent screen, a blank recent screen is show up (as oppose to above behavior I mention). I have to back again to get rid of it. This behaviour is disappear after I reboot.

Anybody notice these?

tonylee83

Dec 28, 2010
auckland

PGM is not working on stock kernel anyone else having a same issue?? Or pgm is not supported yet??

chadikins

Aug 12, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I will certainly give this a try in the morning as now it is past my bed time and I need my beauty rest.

I am not sure this problem is a question of Access Point Info as I pretty much copied the APN information exactly from a buddies Samsung S3 and it did not help. I have had APN issues with other ROM's and phones in the past and had no trouble getting them to work. Hope they can get this one figured out. This is a great ROM.

In the meantime I will give your fix a shot and report back with results. Again, thanks for the reply. Have a thumbs up:good:

Till the morrow then...

Great Success! That seemed to have fixed it. Can send and recieve after entering APN data. Now I can go back to sending my wife daily glamour pics. :cowboy:. Where does the mms program you linked to come from?

Again, thank you. Have another thumbs up:good:.

cpetersen2791

Mar 12, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL

Great Success! That seemed to have fixed it. Can send and recieve after entering APN data. Now I can go back to sending my wife daily glamour pics. :cowboy:. Where does the mms program you linked to come from?

Again, thank you. Have another thumbs up:good:.

I don't remember. I took it out of some ROM before JBSourcery was making inverted apps. Maybe Blackberry, but I don't remember. Glad it worked.

On a side note. Do you restore your MMS vis Titanium Backup. I have noticed I can use the stock (supplied mms.apk) if I don't restore. I know Eagle isn't a fan of TiBu, but it saves SOOO much time for me on a full wipe. I only restore data on a few apps that are critical, like my fuel log. Stuff like that.

Anyways, glad I could help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mrm43

May 28, 2012

Just wanted some feedback on the ram remaining in the recent ram bar. Mine, most of the time is always below 100mb but it is still smooth and fast . I have read from other rom threads about their overly concerns on this. Is it really that necessary to always have about 200mb free ram all the time. They would always point out memory leak if it goes below 100 mb. Thanks in advance.

eagle1967

Jan 3, 2010
Just wanted some feedback on the ram remaining in the recent ram bar. Mine, most of the time is always below 100mb but it is still smooth and fast . I have read from other rom threads about their overly concerns on this. Is it really that necessary to always have about 200mb free ram all the time. They would always point out memory leak if it goes below 100 mb. Thanks in advance.

its just not accurate. i left the toggle in place to demonstrate this.

turn on the ram bar toggle and see how low it reads than press it 3 times.

youll see it will jump from low 50 or so to over 200 by just pressing it 3 times. you cant press the other one.

I will probably leave those both out in the rebuild as it just seems to cause problems when people see low numbers even thought there is no lag.

Reactions: mrm43

eagle1967

Jan 3, 2010
PGM is not working on stock kernel anyone else having a same issue?? Or pgm is not supported yet??

this is true pgm will not work on the stock kernel i tried but could not make it work you can install the sourcery kernel in kernels section its a 4.2.1 kernel and it wil work and i really see no difference in rom performace with it. but.....

Reactions: tonylee83

mrm43

May 28, 2012

youll see it will jump from low 50 or so to over 200 by just pressing it 3 times. you cant press the other one.

I will probably leave those both out in the rebuild as it just seems to cause problems when people see low numbers even thought there is no lag.

Thanks for the info. I tried it and the free ram memory in the ram toggle is not the same as recent ram bar. Which one is more accurate?

cpetersen2791

Mar 12, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL

I was told any Ram is wasted Ram on android ;)

Doublewise

Aug 5, 2011

Sorcery 5.0 default kernel. I never reach this before. Data on, 2 accounts gmail, whatsapp, xda, extensive browsing..

Edit: stock 1750 mah battery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362258648457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362258648457.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

mrm43

May 28, 2012

Sorcery 5.0 default kernel. I never reach this before. Data on, 2 accounts gmail, whatsapp, xda, extensive browsing..

Edit: stock 1750 mah battery.

Wow. Settings please. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HeaderWhite.gif

JBSourcery Encore Version

Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) GSM Edition

The Final Call

Credits are given on our site - Credits

Release Information
    Listed at release site

MagicInstall.png

1) Download Rom and Gapps to your Phone’s Storage drive and boot into recovery
    2) Clear davlik cache
    3) Wipe data/cache
    4) Install your Chosen Team Sourcery Rom
    5) Install Gapps
    6) Boot into Rom
    7) Sign in and wait for all market apps to Restore
    8) After market apps have restored Reboot again
    9) make a nandroid backup just in case.
    10) Enjoy

The Final Call -- Encore Version

http://teamsourcery.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1087

Goodbye, Farewell, Amen
    The Final Call

OP Updated
    For all JBSourcery users - Just want to share my experience with JBSourcery and life beyond that.
    I adopted JBSourcery from version JBS4.1 and this ROM pampered me with 'n' number of features I had ever seen in a single ROM, journey was going smooth and fine. Eagle and company were releasing awesome updates with new features. Then came a day when Eagle announced his departure from JBS and left all JBS lovers on the mercy of other ROMs.
    Left out in the wild I started trying new ROMs for 4.3 experience, I installed PA, Vanir, Catclysm, Carbon, PAC Man, CM.10.1 and CM 10.2.
    Believe me none even came close to the features and smoothness JBS provided to me.
    After getting a bitter taste of these ROMs I fell back to JBS Encore till the time Eagle start his 4.4 Kitkat project.
    Eagle we are really missing the magic and charm of JBS and your Midas touch....thumbs up for such a great work!!
    I am sure none of the present ROM can even come close to JBS.

Thanks.
    It nice to see the time and pressure i put into myself for Sourcery is appreciated.

There are many roms and all have their pluses and minuses as did Sourcery.
    But what i wanted to offer was something different not just another clone with a different theme and i think we achieved that.
    But the time to make that happen really took my life away for 3 years.

I started Believe as a hobby rom where i would just do somethings here and there.
    I found it is not in my nature to do that when i do something i do it 100% and
    Unfortunately I dont know that i can ever do that again. I just have found i enjoy other things in life that i had forgotten existed.

I have G2 now and loving just using my phone instead of reinstallng roms 10 times a day.

I swore off all android dev until kitkat But at this time i have no inclination to return even than as a rom dev.

SO while im not saying it wont happen. Dont wait on me for anything in the future.

as my pic below says i am retired and really have no inclination to come out of retirement at this time. But Android is a virus and it could always return the sickness again.

Thanks again all for allowing us to bring you a fun experience and hope you will always remember Sourcery for the originality and fun it provided!
    OP Updated.

4.4 Released

THIS IS WAY DIFFERENT THAN EXP 4.4