[ROM] [4.2.2] [AOKP/CM/PA] Maguro Vanilla RootBox [21/05] [v4] [Per-App-DPI] [PIE]

Search This thread

sykomaniac

Jun 16, 2010
Leeds
Google Pixel 6
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] Maguro Vanilla RootBox - UNOFFICIAL [22/01][Per-App-DPI]

They are the ones someone extracted from the popular xylon mod by vicino (if I spelt that correctly!)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: creeve4

sykomaniac

Jun 16, 2010
Leeds
Google Pixel 6
got a friendly tip, when you release a new build if you could change the date on the thread title that would be great, your choice if you want to take the advice or not just trying to help.. btw the rom is great but i am just too in love with PIE to use any other rom lol :good:

next update comes with LMT settings baked into the main ROM settings - so you will have PIE just not PA's PIE!

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
One issue that I have run into, and that I have experienced with every ROM expect for pure AOKP, is with the notification LED.

After a reboot, the first notification that is received will activate the LED, but it only blinks for a fraction of a second then turns off. This also happens if the phone is in deep sleep for more than about an hour.

I'm not sure what AOKP did to fix this, but every other ROM, including stock images from Google, have this problem.

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
One issue that I have run into, and that I have experienced with every ROM expect for pure AOKP, is with the notification LED.

After a reboot, the first notification that is received will activate the LED, but it only blinks for a fraction of a second then turns off. This also happens if the phone is in deep sleep for more than about an hour.

I'm not sure what AOKP did to fix this, but every other ROM, including stock images from Google, have this problem.
weird.. i personally havent had this issue on ANY rom...

next update comes with LMT settings baked into the main ROM settings - so you will have PIE just not PA's PIE!
lets see.. i might try the next build :good:

boki2911

Aug 5, 2010
Belgrade
www.facebook.com
waiting for the next edition
This part is interesting to me ( sykomaniac : next update comes with LMT settings baked into the main ROM settings - so you will have PIE just not PA's PIE!)

Last edited:

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] Maguro Vanilla RootBox - UNOFFICIAL [24/01][Per-App-DPI]

Found a bug even after killing all APS in recent apps remaining ram is only 43 mob is it supposed to be that way?? uploadfromtaptalk1359060232828.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

sykomaniac

Jun 16, 2010
Leeds
Google Pixel 6
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] Maguro Vanilla RootBox - UNOFFICIAL [24/01][Per-App-DPI]

Ram usage does not seem to match settings - apps - running. I'll check this out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

scottx .

Just what I wanted. Much like the PAC rom I ran on my og note.

Love having cm/aokp with perapp.

Thanks so much! Downloading now.

Edit: Won't let me edit my apn settings. I can switch between them but can't edit existing.

4a9adepe.jpg

Also says I'm out of space. Not sure why. I dirty flashed over aokp.

ty8e4eny.jpg

uzudu7yd.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RootBoxLogo_2.png

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Downloads

Official Releases - Nightlies
    Official | Google Apps

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.

This is a development thread only. You have been warned.

Changelog

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs

*AOKP/CM BUGS

Donations

If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account.

Credits/Thanks To:
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers

ScreenShots/Videos

picture.php

picture.php

Contribute to RootBox

Those interested in making wallpapers and bootanimation for RootBox, send an email to rootbox.rom@gmail.com with the following:

Information
    • Name
    • Email

Wallpapers
    • Attach wallpaper in email
    • Two sizes are required: HDPI and XHDPI

I'll review them and add the wallpapers in the next release. I will also choose the best one as the default wallpaper for official releases.

Bootanimation
    • Attach bootanimation or paste download link in the email.
    • Two sizes are required: HDPI and XHDPI

Wallpaper Resolution
    • HDPI: 960 x 800
    • XHDPI: 1440 x 1280

You can also contribute by creating icons for settings. Use proper sizes and always include compatibility for HDPI and XHDPI.

The reason behind this is very simple. I'm always busy and I've neglected the visual aspect of RootBox for a while now. It's time to polish it with new visuals!

How to Build RootBox from Source

Getting started

I will assume that you have some kind of knowledge with Linux and how to use a terminal. I will also assume that you have already setup all the android building requirements. First, you must create your working folder and initialize a repository with RootBox sources. The following steps will guide you in creating this working folder where you will be able to build RootBox.

You should now open a terminal (By default you should be in your home folder: /home/yourusername/)

Step 1: Let's create a folder in your home directory named RootBox. This will be referred as your working folder.

Code:
    ~$ mkdir RootBox

Step 2: Let's change our directory to the new RootBox folder we just created.

Code:
    ~$ cd RootBox

Step 3: Now that we are in our working folder (RootBox), we will initialize our RootBox repository by entering the following command:

Code:
    ~$ repo init -u git://github.com/Root-Box/platform_manifest.git -b jb-mr1

Step 4: It's now time to sync RootBox sources which could vary from a few minutes to a few hours depending on your internet connection.

Code:
    ~$ repo sync

Building Vanilla RootBox

Now that you have synced the sources, you're ready to build RootBox.

You can run the following build script:

Code:
    ~$ . build_rootbox.sh -device- -sync- -thread- -clean-

• Device: Choose between the following supported devices: i9100, i9100g, i9300, d2att, d2tmo, d2vzw, mako and grouper.
    • Sync: Will sync latest RootBox sources before building
    • Threads: Allows to choose a number of threads for syncing and building operation.
    • Clean: Will remove the entire out folder and start a clean build. (Use this at your discretion)

Examples:

1) Sync sources and Build RootBox for GT-I9100 with 12 threads

Code:
    ~$ . build_rootbox.sh i9100 sync 12

2) Don't sync sources, clean out folder and build RootBox for GT-I9300 with 6 threads

Code:
    ~$ . build_rootbox.sh i9300 nosync 6 clean

3) Don't sync sources, clean out folder and build RootBox for SGH-I747 with 4 threads

Code:
    ~$ . build_rootbox.sh d2att nosync 4 clean

4) Sync sources, clean out folder and build RootBox for Nexus 4 with 5 threads

Code:
    ~$ . build_rootbox.sh mako sync 5 clean

This script will make a signed flashable zip file located in out/target/product/-device-/RootBox-JB-(Device)-Nightly-(Date).zip