[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Maguro - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2. Official Source Build hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional.
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Toroplus, Mako, Manta and Grouper.

----------------
Features include:
- Root with Superuser
- Scroll Cache disabled (kmagameguy)
- Quick Settings Mod (kevdliu)
- Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
- Screenshot on power menu (CM)
- Expanded Desktop (CM)
- T9 Dialing (Paranoid Android)
- Clear all apps button in recent apps list (D4rKn3sSyS)
- Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
- HSPA+ display support (CM)
- Play app auto restore
- Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu
- Lean and fast

----------------
Download Menu:

French Vanilla ROM (with the MODs): http://goo.im/devs/mmuzzy/maguro/maguro_signed_071313_104219.zip - 7/13/13
Vanilla ROM (no MODs): http://d-h.st/h0Q - 7/13/13
GAPPs: http://goo.im/gapps/

Goo.im
----------------
Directions (Clean Flash)
1. Wipe factory data/reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Go into mounts and storage
4. Format /system
5. Format /data
6. Format /cache
7. Wipe dalvik
8. Flash ROM
9. Flash GAPPs

Directions (Dirty Flash)
1. Wipe cache
2. Wipe dalvik
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash GAPPs

Tips:
- Quick Toggles - Hold down settings tile for setup screen. Activate tiles in order you want them to appear!
- Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
- Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
- If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery.
..Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
Changelog:

July 13, 2013
- Security patched Vanilla ROM uploaded

July 13, 2013
- Patch for Bug: 8219321
- Patch for Bug: 9695860
Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 20, 2013
- Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
- Updated Superuser

March 24, 2013
- Improved HPSA+ Indicator Images
- Reduced Incoming Call Black Background
- Updated T9 Dialer

March 15, 2013
- Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
- Fixed Korean language dialpad
- init.d support

March 6, 2013
- GPS issue fixed (FV)

March 1, 2013
- Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
- Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
- T9 dialer restored to ROM
- removed AOSP calendar
- Koush Superuser added

February 17, 2013
- Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
- Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
- Added in necessary binaries for 4.2.2 kernel (thanks Tiny)
- Compiled stock 4.2.2 kernel from AOSP source
Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release as it's currently running with one I compiled.

February 2, 2013
- Merged/Update to JOP40G AOSP source

----------------
Addons/Fixes

1% Battery / Center Clock (3/24) (reysonance) - Post

Stock 4.2.2/JDQ39 Kernel - Download

----------------
Thanks Cyanogenmod, AOKP, TeamEOS, Team Horizon, Rascarlo, Paranoid Android, Craig Gomez, Tiny4579, Kmagameguy, adbFreedom, mcp770, runandhide05, Flomaster, Blame2, mcavoya, SparkyXI for the banner. :)
----------------
ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/toro
Kevdliu's Android 4.2 Quick Settings Mod: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125
----------------

Last edited:

confyzone

Jun 13, 2009
Manitoba
No problem gonna back up and flash now should be back in 30min or so with a reply

Edit:

So after going in I've found the rom is smooth no real crashes even tested a Franco kernel

I'm sure as you update you'll probably add more customization but one thing I'll point out is that your quick settings control should be integrated with the settings not as a side app because that confused me trying to find it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: mmuzzy

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
No problem gonna back up and flash now should be back in 30min or so with a reply

Edit:

So after going in I've found the rom is smooth no real crashes even tested a Franco kernel

I'm sure as you update you'll probably add more customization but one thing I'll point out is that your quick settings control should be integrated with the settings not as a side app because that confused me trying to find it

Ah, I didn't realize you updated in your post. Thank you. If you hold down the settings icon within the quick settings it will bring you to the setup for the tiles. Thank you for your help. :)

Savant

Jul 29, 2011
Manchester
Been looking forward to work on Maguro for awhile now and always working like advertised.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
Awesome! Do you know how long I have waited for this ?
Just pure speed, and cleanness :D

I missed just a clean vanilla aosp rom for the maguro :D , well this is it then!

Cant wait to flash! Too bad I have slow internet at home :(

:D

Sent from my Nexus Prime

Last edited:

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
Thanks. I just needed to get my stuff together but it seems to be doing fine so far. *knock on wood*

I edited my post :p

Sent from my Nexus Prime

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Will we also get the different flavours? French flavour and chocolatemilk flavour? :D :D

Sent from my Nexus Prime

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
I edited my post :p

Sent from my Nexus Prime

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Will we also get the different flavours? French flavour and chocolatemilk flavour? :D :D

Sent from my Nexus Prime

Vanilla - stock 4.1.2 AOSP, which Maguro has anyway unlike Verizon where my phone lives
French Vanilla - this is it, the ROM I posted here... it has Kevdiu's Quick Toggles MOD, Enhanced Power Menu, Expanded Desktop, Recent Apps menu clear all, etc
Chocolate Milk = CM = CyanogenMOD - something I was toying around with to replace the Modded ROM because there were so many requests for features I thought a CM based ROM might make more sense. I don't think I'm going to continue it but if I do another version has to go.

I think I like the lighter modded ROM. I can't do 3 different versions of a ROM x 6 devices. As it is it feels like all I do is mess with Android. :p

Last edited:

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
Vanilla - stock AOSP, which this phone has anyway unlike Verizon where my phone lives
French Vanilla - this is it, the ROM I posted here... it has Kevdiu's Quick Toggles MOD, Enhanced Power Menu, Expanded Desktop, Recent Apps menu clear all, etc
Chocolate Milk = CM = CyanogenMOD - something I was toying around with to replace the Modded ROM because there were so many requests for features I thought a CM based ROM might make more sense. I don't think I'm going to continue it but if I do another version has to go.

I think I like the lighter modded ROM. I can't do 3 different versions of a ROM x 6 devices. As it is it feels like all I do is mess with Android. :p

Ahaa I understand. The french vanilla is good enough then :D .
Flashing asap!

Sent from my Nexus Prime

Madflapjack

Oct 14, 2011
Buenos aires
just flashed, im going to test and report asap... thank you

edit :well, rom is super fast, using trinity kernel, its just awsome , im going to use it for a long time, thanks for the rom.

Last edited:

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
I was looking for a ROM exactly like this one - mostly stock with the Quick Settings mod. I've flashed it and it's running beautifully; no problems so far (granted, it's only been about 30 minutes). I'm planning to try flashing some other kernels with it just for fun.

EDIT: tried Franco kernel and lean kernel. Both smooth, but I can't really see a difference from the stock kernel. (Lean is overclocked so obviously faster.)

Last edited:
Reactions: mmuzzy

-Jesco-

Jun 28, 2012
hey muzzy ! nice to see your rom developing here ! i saw your rom over at toro , was rather hoping you started here ! Dling now and hope to see more development in this :D if you dont mind , i can be your tester for maguro .

Jul 27, 2010
Gliwice
This is perfect! My maguro is right now in service but after it comes back I'll flash it!

Actually I wanted to make just the same ROM - everything stock but with few additions and you made it just as I wanted.

If you'd like to have some help with developing this ROM - PM me, I'd love to help!

tjackbjorn

Jan 24, 2012
Falun
This rom seems awesome! Omg this is exactly what my maguro wants :D Will flash when I come home! Holy **** this will be good

Sent from my super fast Prime filled with beans.

Reactions: thegtfusion

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
just flashed, im going to test and report asap... thank you

edit :well, rom is super fast, using trinity kernel, its just awsome , im going to use it for a long time, thanks for the rom.

Great! Glad you like it.

I was looking for a ROM exactly like this one - mostly stock with the Quick Settings mod. I've flashed it and it's running beautifully; no problems so far (granted, it's only been about 30 minutes). I'm planning to try flashing some other kernels with it just for fun.

EDIT: tried Franco kernel and lean kernel. Both smooth, but I can't really see a difference from the stock kernel. (Lean is overclocked so obviously faster.)

On my phone I haven't bothered flashing kernels in a while. I think that's mainly because I spend so much time compiling ROMs I don't actually get to use them. :p

hey muzzy ! nice to see your rom developing here ! i saw your rom over at toro , was rather hoping you started here ! Dling now and hope to see more development in this :D if you dont mind , i can be your tester for maguro .

I appreciate that. Thank you.

This is perfect! My maguro is right now in service but after it comes back I'll flash it!

Actually I wanted to make just the same ROM - everything stock but with few additions and you made it just as I wanted.

If you'd like to have some help with developing this ROM - PM me, I'd love to help!

Thank you. :)

This rom seems awesome! Omg this is exactly what my maguro wants :D Will flash when I come home! Holy **** this will be good

I hope you like it!

tjackbjorn

Jan 24, 2012
Falun
This rom were just as good as I thought! Good speed and pretty smooth :)
I noticed one thing, the gps seems weird? Google Now says I have to activate gps, but it is on. And sometimes it random starts to search for my location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2. Official Source Build hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional.
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Toroplus, Mako, Manta and Grouper.

----------------
    Features include:
    - Root with Superuser
    - Scroll Cache disabled (kmagameguy)
    - Quick Settings Mod (kevdliu)
    - Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
    - Screenshot on power menu (CM)
    - Expanded Desktop (CM)
    - T9 Dialing (Paranoid Android)
    - Clear all apps button in recent apps list (D4rKn3sSyS)
    - Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
    - HSPA+ display support (CM)
    - Play app auto restore
    - Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu
    - Lean and fast

----------------
    Download Menu:

French Vanilla ROM (with the MODs): http://goo.im/devs/mmuzzy/maguro/maguro_signed_071313_104219.zip - 7/13/13
    Vanilla ROM (no MODs): http://d-h.st/h0Q - 7/13/13
    GAPPs: http://goo.im/gapps/

Goo.im
    ----------------
    Directions (Clean Flash)
    1. Wipe factory data/reset
    2. Wipe cache
    3. Go into mounts and storage
    4. Format /system
    5. Format /data
    6. Format /cache
    7. Wipe dalvik
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash GAPPs

Directions (Dirty Flash)
    1. Wipe cache
    2. Wipe dalvik
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash GAPPs

Tips:
    - Quick Toggles - Hold down settings tile for setup screen. Activate tiles in order you want them to appear!
    - Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
    - Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
    - If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery.
    ..Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
    Changelog:

July 13, 2013
    - Security patched Vanilla ROM uploaded

July 13, 2013
    - Patch for Bug: 8219321
    - Patch for Bug: 9695860
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 20, 2013
    - Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
    - Updated Superuser

March 24, 2013
    - Improved HPSA+ Indicator Images
    - Reduced Incoming Call Black Background
    - Updated T9 Dialer

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad
    - init.d support

March 6, 2013
    - GPS issue fixed (FV)

March 1, 2013
    - removed AOSP calendar
    - Koush Superuser added

February 17, 2013
    - Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
    - Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
    - Added in necessary binaries for 4.2.2 kernel (thanks Tiny)
    - Compiled stock 4.2.2 kernel from AOSP source
    Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release as it's currently running with one I compiled.

February 2, 2013
    - Merged/Update to JOP40G AOSP source

----------------
    Addons/Fixes

1% Battery / Center Clock (3/24) (reysonance) - Post

Stock 4.2.2/JDQ39 Kernel - Download

----------------
    Thanks Cyanogenmod, AOKP, TeamEOS, Team Horizon, Rascarlo, Paranoid Android, Craig Gomez, Tiny4579, Kmagameguy, adbFreedom, mcp770, runandhide05, Flomaster, Blame2, mcavoya, SparkyXI for the banner. :)
    ----------------
    ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/toro
    Kevdliu's Android 4.2 Quick Settings Mod: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125
    ----------------
    ROM Updated

March 1, 2012
    - removed AOSP calendar
    - Koush Superuser added
    Hi just curious am I the only one who uses this ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I use it when I need something stable like for traveling, when I'm home I try other stuff for fun.

Activity level goes up and down with new builds from Google. I'll be the first to admit that a ROM like mine isn't always new and exciting because frankly it isn't supposed to be bleeding edge, just stable.
    My feeling on adding features is that if someone comes up with MODs I'm happy to link them. This is most obvious in the Toro thread with guys like Willyjay and adbFreedom stepping up to the plate. It's too hard to try to make a solution that makes everyone 100 percent happy. The only way to please everyone is to have a ROM loaded up like an AOKP or CM ROM... but then you get all the other stuff you didn't need too. So that's the catch 22.
    Added the 4.2.2 kernel I compiled for the ROM to OP. I know sometimes people like to revert kernels after experimenting without reflashing ROMs.