vipelp

Oct 25, 2014
APK's can't be installed.
Parsing error.

Install with adb works.

Last edited:

nikodr

Jul 14, 2010
The best Ron ever. This is what Google and Samsung should have done. I have no words. Like I bought a new phone. The 996 mutes free ram is unbelievable. Performance speed response everything!

Let's all donate to the omap4 team.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

whitesn0w

Aug 21, 2013
@siealex: I had no problems after following OPs advice to grant all priviliges to Google Play services.

@Vincy1993 You're right: Social apps that require localization don't work.

Honestly, while I don't feel that I could agree with some canonizations in this thread about this ROM (it's not that fast, but maybe one if not the fastest out there as we speak), this finally might work out as a daily driver for me and most importantly brings new life to that great phone.

Thank you, Ziyan and others who made this possible.

ssakuma

Mar 8, 2010
Tokyo
Network location is provided by gapps (or if you are not using gapps by something like microG's unifiedNLP). Could it be that you have to give that gapps component appropriate permissions? You might want to check. . .

I cannot get network location too.
For instance, I cannot get current location in Google Maps with Battery saving mode (no-gps mode). Of course, I gave all required permissions Google Maps.

n76

Nov 29, 2014
California
I cannot get network location too.
For instance, I cannot get current location in Google Maps with Battery saving mode (no-gps mode). Of course, I gave all required permissions Google Maps.

Since I don't run gapps (I am using microg's GMScore with network location backends that I wrote myself) I am not sure how the library components will show up under the apps area in settings. I'd look for anything with com.google in the name and verify that they have permissions for course location (needed to get Cell and/or WiFi AP information which is then used to estimate the location of the phone). It seems unlikely to me that the Google Maps app itself would be the package that contains the libraries in question.

I haven't really used a 6.x ROM (but this OMAP4 ASOP is looking really interesting) but I assume it would be the same as a 5.1 ROM in that permission violations will show up in logcat. So looking at that should tell you the component(s) that need to be given permission(s).

siealex

Jul 22, 2008
Kharkov
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
@Ziyan,

I'd look for anything with com.google in the name and verify that they have permissions for course location (needed to get Cell and/or WiFi AP information which is then used to estimate the location of the phone).
I set "location" permission for all apps with this permission and I still have no coarse location.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

03-13 11:32:47.547 W/PackageManager( 1132): Not granting permission android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION to package com.google.android.apps.maps because it was previously installed without
(and ~100 such lines)
What's this?
03-13 11:32:56.766 W/LocationProviderProxy-network( 1132): com.google.android.gms resolves service com.android.location.service.v3.NetworkLocationProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
03-13 11:32:56.766 W/LocationManagerService( 1132): no network location provider found
03-13 11:32:56.769 W/LocationProviderProxy-fused( 1132): com.google.android.gms resolves service com.android.location.service.FusedLocationProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
03-13 11:32:56.773 W/GeocoderProxy( 1132): com.google.android.gms resolves service com.android.location.service.GeocodeProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
03-13 11:32:56.793 W/GeofenceProxy( 1132): com.google.android.gms resolves service com.android.location.service.GeofenceProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
03-13 11:32:56.793 E/LocationManagerService( 1132): Unable to bind FLP Geofence proxy.
And what's this?

Attachments

• 2016-03-13_113332_logcat.txt
    506.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Ziyan for your AOSP rom i said on my post of AOSP that I stop development because it makes not sense to have two AOSP based on the same source....
I will try your rom and see how it works..
Also have you consider changing Stock AOSP launcher with Slim or Omni Launcher it reduces all the lag present in launcher and also launching system apps...( I dont know if your AOSP have this lag)
ROM Isntall and boots in a short time but how much it takes for cheking information?¿
After reboot rom works perfectly ...
You need to go to settings/apps/ Play store/Permissions enable all and the same with play sevices
Also WIFI localition is not working

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Unlegacy-Android Project​
    Introduction
    Unlegacy-Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy-Android was born.

This organization's goal is not to create feature packed ROMs, but to create a base ROM in such a way that custom ROM developers can easily adapt the changes. We're good at (properly) fixing compatibility issues between newer Android versions and older devices, among other core things. The "bells and whistles" like themes we leave to others.

The first public build here had something exclusive for the Galaxy Nexus, yet unseen on any other OMAP4 device: all RAM carveouts reserved for Ducati (the multimedia subsystem of OMAP4, responsible for hardware-accelerated video decoding, encoding and camera functionality) have been switched over to CMA.

A few words for those who see CMA for the first time:
    The Contiguous Memory Allocator (CMA) makes it possible for device drivers to allocate big contiguous chunks of memory after the system has booted.
    The main difference from the similar frameworks is the fact that CMA allows to transparently reuse memory region reserved for the big chunk allocation as a system memory, so no memory is wasted when no big chunk is allocated. Once the alloc request is issued, the framework will migrate system pages to create a required big chunk of physically contiguous memory.

This means that a total of 996 MB physical memory is available to the system, while keeping Ducati fully working - this is a huge step forward, coming from the 694 MB available in the last factory image released by Google (Android 4.3). This gives the OS access to an additional 300MB of RAM.

While CMA was just recently implemented for this device, thanks to one of our developers (let's just call him Luden), it's quite stable: even under heavy memory pressure, the system manages to free up the required memory in order to start up Ducati and launch the requested multimedia functionality in a few seconds at most.

Installation
    For Marshmallow (6.0) and below, It's important that /system needs to be unmounted before installing the ROM - some recoveries tend to leave it mounted after performing operations on it.

If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post!

Aside from these, installation and upgrading is no different than on other ROMs.

Problems
    While we weren't able reproduce any CMA-related problems, hidden ones can still arise. In most cases, these problems will be either lost Ducati functionality (no multimedia capabilities) until rebooting, or a kernel panic (hard reboot) - upon noticing any of these, be sure to grab a logcat/dmesg and/or last_kmsg and send it to us (preferably by attaching it to a post in this thread).
    Other than that, these are bugs we're aware of in the current build:
    - The RIL on LTE devices (toro, toroplus) isn't fully working; calls and texts should be OK, but expect no data.
    - Sound pops can be observed, mostly when using touch sounds (this is being investigated)
    - Some exotic video formats or camera modes might not be perfect - if you notice any artifacts or green spots (the issue that happened in the past), report the details in this thread
    - Inverted colors mode not working
    - Tricky connection to some 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks
    - SELinux is in Permissive mode (this isn't a problem for most people, just mentioned it here as extra information)

If you notice anything else, be sure to report it in this thread. While we're kind of busy, we usually read the thread and acknowledge the bug reports, even if I don't reply directly to them.

Downloads
    See: http://builds.unlegacy-android.org.

As usual, feedback is appreciated :)

Want to support development? You can consider donating, we've spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    Ziyan, MWisBest, Android-Andi
    Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-03-12
    Last Updated 2017-04-07
    Nougat build is up. No, I have not died, and neither has the Galaxy Nexus.

Decided to take an extra couple days to get this build stable rather than rushing out something that boots and does nothing else, sorry for the delay. :)
    I can't verify the full functionality of the RIL since I don't have a SIM in my GNex these days, so let me know if there's any issues with that.
    Everything else should be working well though.

No idea what to do for GApps at this time. I haven't tried them yet.

Download: aosp_n_tuna_2016-08-27.zip

mu2TbMd.png

As usual this was a team effort. @Ziyan helped, and @Hashcode (who I thought had died) helped as well.
    GApps
    If you want to install GApps, we recommend Open GApps Nano or BaNkS GApps.

An important note: as this is a pure AOSP ROM, installing GApps tends to be problematic: in order to try to avoid installation issues, be sure to install GApps immediately after installing the ROM, before booting the system for the first time. After the initial bootup finished, be sure to go into Settings -> Apps, and grant every permission to every Google application - most importantly, Google Play services.
    In the case of an upgrade, be sure to re-install the GApps package, as upgrading wipes /system. You shouldn't need to re-set the permissions afterwards.

One more note. DO NOT set up your Google account until you grant all permissions, otherwise you will be stuck on the initial setup.

Rooting
    You can flash either the latest SuperSU or OpenSource SuperUser to get rooted.
    A wild android-7.1.0_r1 appears!

jJzBSno.png

Download: aosp_7.1_tuna_2016-10-21.zip

We'll need to rename this project to Unlegacy-Android now that our migration from OMAP4-AOSP is done... sorry I haven't been paying much attention to XDA here. Spent a good week just getting video recording working on N, plus other things just in life of course.

I can't attest to how well the RIL works, toro(plus) likely needs something fixed for mobile data still. maguro is probably fine.
    Other than that everything is working as far as I can tell.

Source code is (kind of) available on GitHub. Right now there's no 7.1 branches up, but cherry-picking in our 7.0 branch commits and setting selinux to permissive should get you an identical build (minus a camera HAL fix specific to 7.1 which will be pushed tomorrow, I'm going to sleep)

Edit: Fixed broken GitHub link.
    New build up:
    - fixed battery saving location mode (cellular network and wifi location)
    - fixed DRM services
    - fixed Wi-Fi Display (screen casting)

Enjoy! :)