Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][6.x][unified] Slim6

10,107 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,047

Post Reply Email Thread

Slim6
Marshmallow - Android 6.0
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unified)

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
  • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
  • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
    • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
  • SlimRecents
    • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
  • SlimLauncher
    • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
  • Status bar customisations
    • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * If you dont like this rom, Stay away from this thread! 
 */
Download:
Official
Unified tuna Slim6

Unofficial
Unified tuna Slim6
ROM Downloads for all supported devices, general information (How to flash? What about Gapps? Etc. etc.) can be found here

TWRP with hardware decryption support can be found here

Important links:
slimroms.org - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Slim FAQ

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Want to support development? You can consider donating, we've spent countless of hours with this (:

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified] Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-15
Last Updated 2017-08-18
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free

16th March 2017, 12:36 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Uploading an untested Slim6 build, will be up in some minutes. Maybe someone likes to give it a try.
My Maguro should arrive within next 2 days, i'll test the build once it is here.

Edit:
@n1kolaa confirmed it is booting - thanks a lot!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 01:16 AM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots:

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 04:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Wow, i'm the firts
i would know if you will release a 7.1 build of SlimRom.
Thank for your work
16th March 2017, 04:36 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
This is Slim6 Development Thread, please let's keep it clean here from beginning (no OT please).

But to answer your question: maybe, not sure yet (I'll get my maguro today - thanks to all donator!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 07:27 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Maguro received Slim6 works fine so far. Anyone able to test on toro and toroplus?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
17th March 2017, 12:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
For your info I flashed it on Yesterday. Unfortunately in my case sim was recognized but only Emergency call worked. No data, no apn.
I tried also to add apn but it was not possible (setting has stopped). Maybe other bugs are in place but due to the mentioned problems I returned to lineage 13.

Edit: flashed on maguro
The Following User Says Thank You to fadiesis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fadiesis Ad-Free
17th March 2017, 01:04 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Data and call is fine here on my maguro. Clean flashed.

You took a logcat?

Edit:
No problem addind a test APN:

17th March 2017, 01:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi

Data and call is fine here on my maguro. Clean flashed.

You took a logcat?

no, I didn't. flashed after system, dalvik and cache wipe. I will try with a clean flash and I'll report.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadiesis

no, I didn't. flashed after system, dalvik and cache wipe. I will try with a clean flash and I'll report.
Thanks

Ok. You are right. Flashed after system, dalvik, cache and data wiping and it works fine.
I would suggest, if possible, to include in your kernel init.d support and contrast, gamma and color control. These features would be largely appreciated.

Thanks for your work
I forgot: It is the first time that I see "Emergency" on the lock screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to fadiesis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fadiesis Ad-Free
17th March 2017, 01:58 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadiesis

(...)
Ok. You are right. Flashed after system, dalvik, cache and data wiping and it works fine.

Clean flash is always a must if you switch between different roms. Dirty flashes between different roms always only cause issues.
Quote:

I would suggest, if possible, to include in your kernel init.d support and contrast, gamma and color control. These features would be largely appreciated.

I am not going to add features which aren't official supported by slim. My goal is to get official Slim6 builds (even if we are late here, hehe).
All latest improvements on OMAP4 and tuna source from Unlegacy-Android are applied here.
Quote:

Thanks for your work
I forgot: It is the first time that I see "Emergency" on the lock screen.

No problem
The "Emergency" button is always there for security reasons - you must be able to make an emergency call even if the screen is locked. (Should be there on all roms)
19th March 2017, 04:02 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Attached a new kernel to test. Applied a bunch of CVE fixes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AnyKernel-2017-03-19-tuna.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.42 MB, 142 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)