This is a moderately customized ROM for the Galaxy Nexus based on AOSP 6.0.1. It is a unified build that should work on all three variants: toro, maguro and toroplus. Focus is on stability and functionality, with many additional features pulled from other custom ROM projects and some that I have designed myself. My goal was to create a build stable enough for daily use (I still use this as my primary phone) while developing new features that help improve the overall Android experience.
I welcome any and all feedback, including bug reports and feature requests and of course, donations are always very much appreciated!
- F2FS support for /data and /cache. System must be ext4.
- LiveDisplay / color adjustment from Cyanogenmod
- Screen rotation angles
- Double-tap to sleep / Volume button wake / Wake on plug
- Notification / Battery light colors
- More pattern lock sizes : 4x4, 5x5, 6x6
- Advanced reboot menu (moved to Developer options)
- Hide ADB notification icon
- Xposed compatible
- Specify maximum number of recent apps (ro.config.max_recents)
- Ability to turn off the display during the boot sequence (via power or volume keys)
- Expanded Notification Panel width in Landscape Orientation
- RRO Layers compatible
- Recents privacy (more info here)
- Less intrusive notifications sounds
- Expanded desktop
- Support for Google WebView package
- Custom density scaling for display
- More QS tiles: brightness, screen off, screenshot, volume panel, headsup, NFC, compass, sync,
USB tether, screen timeout, reboot, battery saver, quick record, LTE toggle (toro, toroplus), caffeine
- QS quick pulldown
- Option to disable brightness slider in QS shade / statusbar brightness control
- Add haptic feedback option to QS tiles
- Option to turn off dual tiles / show 4 tiles per row
- CPU frequency slots: 230-1632Mhz
- CPU governors: dyninteractive, interactive, ondemand, ondemandplus, powersave, performance, ktoonservative, zzmoove
- Min Screen On / Max Screen Off
- I/O scheduler: row, zen, noop, deadline, cfq, sioplus
- TCP congestion control: cubic, reno, bic, westwood, htcp
- Fast Charge (with data transfer)
- GPU Overclock (max 512MHz)
- IVA Overclock
- SmartReflex: Core, IVA, MPU
- SmartReflex: Min calibrated voltages
- Custom Voltages
- Custom Regulator Voltages: VAUX3_6030, VAUX1_6030, VMMC, VANA, V2V1, VDAC, VCXIO, VUSIM, VMMC, VUSB
- Color Settings (gamma offset, color multipliers)
- Vibrator Intensity
- Headphone Volume Boost
- Emergency Battery Reserve (see this post for details)
- GPU governors (on3demand, activeidle, onoff, userspace)
- NEW! Contiguous Memory Allocator increases user RAM to 987MB
Install / Upgrade:
Flash Google Apps package
Flash SuperSU (optional)
Flash Xposed (optional)
If you are migrating from a different ROM, you must wipe /data!!
On the first boot after flashing/upgrading, the device will reboot itself once before the boot animation (Google Logo will display twice).
This ROM has been built without DEXPREOPT, so the initial boot will take considerably longer. For this reason, I have made the ability to turn off the screen during the boot sequence to hopefully save some wear and tear on the display.
This ROM uses the older graphics drivers and is therefore incompatible with any third party kernels! Please do not flash any other kernels with this ROM!
zz_android-6.0.1-20161023-tuna_update1.zip (flash this after flashing 10/23 build).
Changelog: 10/23/2016 - Update1
Android security patch level: October 5, 2016
Layers Manager (for theming)
TouchControl (Custom wake gestures, i.e. dt2w, s2w, etc. Choose "Ponury Stock Modified" kernel module)
Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
AZ Screen Recorder - No Root
- Gesture typing doesn't work on stock keyboard but does work on Google Keyboard
I'm not responsible for bricked devices (honestly, has anyone actually ever bricked a GNexus?), data loss, lack of rhythm and coordination. Please remember to ALWAYS make backups before you flash and if you are changing filesystems on /data, you will lose ALL DATA which includes everything on internal storage and the recovery will NOT give you any warning before it performs this highly destructive act, so just be aware! Thanks and enjoy!
ZZ-Tuna: Android 6.x.x for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Source Code: https://github.com/zzpianoman
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP
Beta Release Date: 2016-01-19
Last Updated 2016-11-05