FORUMS

[ROM] VillainROM AOSP R2 (IML74K - 4.0.3) GSM ONLY [05 Jan] -incl Advanced Power Menu

1,296 posts
Thanks Meter: 364

By nprussell, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th December 2011, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2011, 12:33 PM |#21  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,047

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprussell

I can't guarantee it'll work, but should just be android.policy.jar and framework-res.apk

Backup your ROM first as there's a good chance it'll bootloop.

With Sense it was always just android.policy.jar so assumed it might've been similar. I'll give it a go once my handset turns up tomorrow

Thanks
8th December 2011, 12:38 PM |#22  
Flag Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 121

More
If im moving from the Modaco ROMs will i need to do a full wipe ?

Still slightly confused with Flashing to different ROMs with the GN not having an SD card ..... will I lose everything on the 'logical' user drive ?
8th December 2011, 01:15 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 658

More
Quote:

1. Shen keeps asking for this, so I think I will add the percentage mod and 100 images.

2. I don't personally like it, but it's a very easy mod, so I can make it a flashable option in the future!

3. Could be a good addition... will look into it

4. Don't like this one again personally, but will look into making it a flashable option

thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much
8th December 2011, 01:29 PM |#24  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,706

Donate to Me
More
whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! are you serious?! lol i was a firm supporter of VRom on SGS2. this is awesome!

edit: could there be a speaker volume mod? everyone is using Volume+ but it would be nice to have this cooked into a Rom
also, other mods such as battery percent and such were always tweaks on the 'ol SGS2. Pulser kept it as stock as possible. hoping the same will be here too except for performance improvements.
8th December 2011, 01:48 PM |#25  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

With Sense it was always just android.policy.jar so assumed it might've been similar. I'll give it a go once my handset turns up tomorrow

Thanks

The strings and the drawables are stored in framework-res.apk!
8th December 2011, 01:49 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! are you serious?! lol i was a firm supporter of VRom on SGS2. this is awesome!

edit: could there be a speaker volume mod? everyone is using Volume+ but it would be nice to have this cooked into a Rom
also, other mods such as battery percent and such were always tweaks on the 'ol SGS2. Pulser kept it as stock as possible. hoping the same will be here too except for performance improvements.

Yeah, we'll be doing the same with this one; only this time, instead of modifying the stock ROM, each new version will be a fresh build from the source.
8th December 2011, 01:55 PM |#27  
Flag Helsinki, Finland
Thanks Meter: 2,434

Donate to Me
More
Might even have to flash this tonigh =)
8th December 2011, 02:00 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 658

More
Quote:

Yeah, we'll be doing the same with this one; only this time, instead of modifying the stock ROM, each new version will be a fresh build from the source.

hi mate

this ROM does not allow me to install ADFREE where as previous ROMs have, any idea?

edit: Can;t install dropbox either and a few other apps
8th December 2011, 02:23 PM |#29  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,706

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

awesome mate, looking forward to it!
8th December 2011, 02:23 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
What about custom Kernel with OC/UV ? Also USB OTG? Maybe.

I also asked Paul OB about using the Volume up key for taking pictures but only when the camera app is in use.
8th December 2011, 02:31 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winwiz

hi mate

this ROM does not allow me to install ADFREE where as previous ROMs have, any idea?

edit: Can;t install dropbox either and a few other apps

It's unlikely to be permissions xmls, as I added all of those...

So, the build fingerprint. Let me try to change the fingerprint to the one from the official ROM and I will report back with a small update.zip if this is the issue.

The current fingerprint is 'test keys', rather than the release keys fingerprint from ITL41F.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)