Fantastic battery life on 4.2

893 posts
Thanks Meter: 319

By Soldier 2.0, Senior Member on 14th November 2012, 01:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Battery life is very good compared to the previous releases. I ran for forty minutes with Bluetooth turned on while listening to tune in radio and using endomondo app. Google now turned on. I lost fifteen percent compared to losing 35% with similar usage. Very satisfied.

What do you think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Soldier 2.0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soldier 2.0 Ad-Free
14th November 2012, 01:52 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352897563623.jpg
Views:	2877
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1481141  
14th November 2012, 01:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 421

Donate to Me
More
Why would you make a thread linking to a post you made in another thread?

Bit unnecessary. To answer the question it's too early for me to thoroughly test battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sdobron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sdobron Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 05:37 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Bump

15th November 2012, 05:45 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
thats not fantastic at all...
15th November 2012, 06:08 AM |#6  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 169

More
I would wait for at least 2 complete battery cycles to make a thread like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssvijay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssvijay Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 06:16 AM |#7  
SF, CA
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvijay

I would wait for at least 2 complete battery cycles to make a thread like this.

Ditto. My phone ran like a champ on a freshly flashed ROM. Then my phone realized it was born as a Verizon-Nexus mutt and had a psychological breakdown to the point of 1.75 hours of on-screen time the day after.

Twas a sad day
The Following User Says Thank You to rice923 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rice923 Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 01:22 PM |#8  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm reading my work email over the exchange service account. After upgrde to 4.2 the exchange service process eats my whole battery so I can't tell about any improvement.
15th November 2012, 01:29 PM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
True

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352982590871.jpg
Views:	1582
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1483657  
15th November 2012, 01:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
When it comes to battery life (in general, though especially true with this newest release), it's crazy how many divergent opinions you get. Some people claim to get amazing battery life (exactly what quantifies for amazing?) and some people claim the battery life is crap. This is just to remind you that unless you have a good way of measuring battery life, your measurements can be plus/minus hour(s). Someone who just leaves their phone on a black screen with no wi-fi and cell may get 10 hours of screen-on time. Someone who is watching videos with cell/wi-fi might only get 2 hours of screen-on time.

In the future, I can make two recommendations:
  1. Always report a complete cycle (from 100% to close to 0%). This is because the battery does not discharge at a constant rate.
  2. Always report screen on time
  3. Average for GNexus in previous builds was 2-4 hours. I've no idea about the plus/minus, but they tend not to be under 2 and over 4 with moderate usage. I think an average of 3-3.5 hours is what most people are happy to report.
The Following User Says Thank You to TSGM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TSGM Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 02:12 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
And that is really sad because my old atrix used to get over 8 hours on Wi-Fi with over twelve hours of standby time. I wish they would make this phone but with a smaller screen size. The technology used on this phone is not battery efficient at all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)