4.0.4 Unofficial Changelog *Update2 02/05*

Search This thread

jkc120

Sep 8, 2010
I bought a new GNex last week and immediately ran into bad connectivity issues when preferred network mode is set to LTE/CDMA. Basically no signal all (3G or 4G), even though I live in downtown Boston where there should be 4G. When I switch my preferred network mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA, the 3G network works fine with no connectivity issues.

On the phone, Verizon told me that a software patch in May will fix the issue. A staffer at the Verizon store told me that I could already find the patch online and that it would solve the problem... I assumed he was talking about 4.0.4. I flashed 4.0.4 yesterday fully expecting it to solve my LTE connectivity problems but ..... no luck. I still get no signal using the LTE/CDMA setting. I can't even make or receive calls unless I switch back to CDMA.

Do I have a hardware issue? Are other people having the same problem? Should I trust Verizon and hope that the 4.0.5 OTA fixes the problem?

Sounds like bad hardware to me. You're still will within your 14 day return policy with VZW, so I'd go in and complain about it and get them to swap it out.

Vegas_Sirk

Aug 11, 2010
Vegas
Hey guys .... sort of noob to this ...

Got the phone's bootloader unlocked today, then rooted, and installed RomMangager along with Titanium Backup Pro. So now I have a couple of quick questions:

1) Do I download this, rename to update.zip put on SD card, and then restart phone pressing vol up and down and then select update.zip and apply?

2) Will this wipe my apps? do I need to do a backup using Titanium first?

skotturi

Mar 11, 2010
im having the same issue with music2.apk

Yes that works! Thanks so much!!:)

i was having some issues with the gmusic app so i deleted it. thus i get the following error:
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Music2.apk, loooooong string of number ....)
Error in sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)

I tried finding various versions of the Music2.apk & odex I found on the webs but none are working, guessing they're not gnex- if that matters, i dont know. (I put them in /system/app & chg permissions using root explorer)

Could someone please upload the stock Music2.apk & odex? Thx in advance!!

(one more sidenote: does the error message me that it is looking for Music2.apk and it doesnt find it/finds it or it is corrupt OR is it looking for something else, say, Music.apk and it is finding music2....?)

kmann1994

Feb 20, 2011
I got my GNex yesterday and I'm dying for the improvements noted in the changelog for 4.0.4.

I'm most concerned/excited for the speed increases. Can anyone explain them in further detail?

Specifically, is the delay between pressing something and having the next menu appear reduced/eliminated?

Sin2800

Aug 2, 2010
Canton
Didn't fix connectivity issues

I just recently received my GNex, and my first one had the same connectivity issues that many other people had. It would very commonly drop all signal, and then it would take some time to come back.

I had Verizon replace it and got the new one on Sunday. Same issues. I'm 99.9% sure it's a hardware issue, so I went in on Monday to see if they would replace it again. It was pointless. They just told me that there was supposed to be an update for it coming soon, and because of that, they would not replace it again. Well, I flashed the new radios after getting the leak, and guess what? Nothing has changed. I'm going to try calling them and just have them ship me a new one this time.

I don't know if anyone else will have better luck, but this isn't the fix that the phones need. Software isn't going to fix bad hardware.

DaytonaZ33

Jun 12, 2010
I just recently received my GNex, and my first one had the same connectivity issues that many other people had. It would very commonly drop all signal, and then it would take some time to come back.

I had Verizon replace it and got the new one on Sunday. Same issues. I'm 99.9% sure it's a hardware issue, so I went in on Monday to see if they would replace it again. It was pointless. They just told me that there was supposed to be an update for it coming soon, and because of that, they would not replace it again. Well, I flashed the new radios after getting the leak, and guess what? Nothing has changed. I'm going to try calling them and just have them ship me a new one this time.

I don't know if anyone else will have better luck, but this isn't the fix that the phones need. Software isn't going to fix bad hardware.

Same situation here. Fully stock Nexus on 4.0.2 would drop data at a rate of about 2 times per hour in areas with high signal strength (3-4 bars minimum), most often right after unlocking it after it being in my pocket for awhile. Flashed the new radios and no improvement, dropped data about 5 minutes after flashing and it occurred 4 more times in the 2 hours since flashing.

I'm done, off to wait for a S3 or One X version for Verizon. Sad, I love stock Android but can't deal with this anymore. So jealous of those that have phones without these issues.

techunsavvy

Dec 5, 2012
HELP!!!!

Hi could you please tell me how to remove the Unofficial Changelog off my samsung galaxy note Sgh-i717 so I can take it in for warranty purposes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l1wxw3exb9195w7

Change to update.zip and flash through stock recovery or CWM *STOCK CDMA NEXUS ONLY*

*02/05 update*
    For those having issues, try flashing it with CWM using the toolkit in the dev section.

Root not required but bootloader must be unlocked
    1. Download the toolkit
    2. Put your phone into fastboot mode
    3. Open the toolkit
    4. Choose the option to "Boot into Clockwork Mod without permanently flashing it"
    5. Once in CWM, choose install from SD card
    6. Choose install "update.zip" if you renamed it to that. Otherwise, choose the option to choose the file.
    7. Viola!

Work In Progress. Will update as I discover more:

• Noticeably Faster
    • Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
    • Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
    • New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don't even notice it changing.
    • Improved signal strength
    • New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
    • PRIMELA03 Bootloader
    • Faster boot up time
    • Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
    • Holding down camera button now refocuses again
    • Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
    • Autorotate is faster
    • Browser performance noticeably improved
    • Recent apps list opens faster
    • Miscellaneous camera UI changes
    • Increased volume
    • Keyboard fixes
    • Updated News & Weather app UI
    • Improved quick controls in browser. New when coming from 4.0.2. Present in 4.0.3. Screenshot here (Update: 02/05)

Screenshot_2012-02-04-18-21-58.png
    I'm about to make a lot of people very, very happy. I've been playing with contact pictures for hours now, and I'm incredibly happy to report that setting a contact picture directly from the phone and letting contacts sync with Gmail no longer results in pixelated, low quality contact pics!!!

It's been hours now since I've changed over a dozen contact pics and have synced well over half a dozen times and not one contact pic has been downsized and blown up after syncing.

Try it out yourself. Download a few HQ pics for your contacts from anywhere and put them on your phone; edit contact and change pic, choose select from gallery and find the HQ pic, choose the crop size that best suits your tastes and hit crop then done. Now go ahead and sync and go back to contacts app. You'll notice those pics are still the same exact quality that you left them as before syncing!

Enjoy!

Hit thanks if you liked this. ;-)
    I have searched through the thread trying to find an answer for this, if I have missed it or If it should be common knowledge I apologize. I'm not sure why it wasn't the first question asked so I must be missing something. Will this break root!? How to keep root? Thanks for an answer.:)

I'm sure there's a million methods to do this, but what I did is, before flashing anything, I installed Voodoo OTA Root Keeper from the market (It's free) and made the SU backup from within the app. (You'll know when you're all set when all 5 checkboxes are checked.) Then after you flash 4.0.4, which in clockwork recovery seems to flash the bootloader, radios, and the OS patch itself (everything you need), you will have to restore the backup from the OTA Root Keeper app in order to get root back. It does initially flash without root, but that simple button press fixed it all up for me.
    May want to add this new feature for the changelog:

New Quick Control buttons!

Old

44306d1324361149-browser-lab-uploadfromtaptalk1324361147979.png

New

RYLCx.png
    Battery life! Hows that?

Sent from my X10 using XDA Premium App

Battery life is awesome, I just got 26 hours from this update that I just installed 2 hours ago. /sarcasm. sigh. really?