SailfishOS for Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
This is a community port of Jolla's SailfishOS for the Galaxy Nexus.
It features a gesture-based user interface with a unique design and ease-of-use in mind.
For more information about SailfishOS please head over to sailfishos.org.
This is not an Android ROM, this is a different operating system.
It only uses parts of Android for hardware enablement (drivers).
Special Thanks to vakkov, sledges, mugna91, the Mer Project, the Nemo Project and all the fine people over at #sailfishos-porters
This release is based on SailfishOS 22.214.171.124 (Tahkalampi).
The Galaxy Nexus port is considered to be of alpha quality.
Though depending on your usage it might be stabile enough for daily use.
Please issue bugreports at the Nemo Project Bugzilla.
- Due to an issue with ofono, reading from SIM does not work. You'll need to remove your PIN lock before flashing.
- Setting an ambiance (color theme & wallpaper) causes hangs. Either needs the battery to be pulled, or you can SSH into the device and run:
systemctl --user restart lipstick
- The startup wizard is getting skipped for now, due to the issue above.
- The Jolla Store currently does not work. As an alternative you can try Warehouse for OpenRepos.
- The camera does not work.
- Due to redistribution issues the codec for MP3 can't shipped. To enable the codec run the following command:
devel-su zypper in gst-av
Instructions & Download:
- Make a backup
- Factory Reset (Wipe /data & /cache)
- Wipe /system
- Install CyanogenMod 10.1.3
- Install SailfishOS on top:
SailfishOS for Galaxy Nexus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
beidl, vakkov, sledges
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Last Updated 2014-08-24