[CDMA]Verizon Galaxy Nexus Update URLs

Search This thread

matt30

Jan 16, 2011
Ithaca, NY
Would you mind finding and posting a link for me? It isn't that I'm lazy, I just want to make sure I do this the right way.

And I assume I can back up everything with Titanium and restore it to stock 4.0.2? Including SMS and stock launcher?

Here's the simplest way I know how to do it without changing any/many files from stock.

Go to stock 4.0.2, no root, unlocked bootloader.
Place the update file in /sdcard on your Gnex.
Place the latest CWMrecovery image in your platform-tools folder on your PC.
Reboot using adb command "adb reboot bootloader." *This commands reboots your phone.*
In the bootloader use fastboot command "fastboot boot [CWMrecoveryimage].img." *This command temporarily boots CWM for one session.*
[OPTIONAL: make a nandriod backup before you update]
From CWM find the update file on your sdcard and flash it.

Once you have root on 4.0.4 you can reload your apps and sms via titanium backup.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Here's another way you can do it that only requires adb and the right files.

Find an insecure boot.img for 4.0.2.

Place the insecure boot.img and the update (remaned "update.zip") in your platform-tools folder on your PC.

Turn on your phone and use a command prompt to enter the following commands:

"adb reboot bootloader" *phone should reboot into bootloader*
"fastboot boot insecurebootimg.img" *phone will reboot and everything will look normal*
"adb root" *adb should return a response telling you you have root*
"adb remount" *this command allows you to modify files you otherwise don't have acess to*
"adb push update.zip /cache" *moves the update file into the right folder*
"adb reboot recovery" *boots you into the stock recovery*
The recovery will show you a picture of an android on its back with an exclamation point over it. When you see this image, press the power button and vol+ to access the menu.
Scroll to the option that says apply update from cache and select it.
Bam, you have 4.0.4 and you've also learned something about adb and fastboot.

Last edited:

superchunkwii

Jan 5, 2011
Arizona
I know it all varies, but typically, how long from the leak/release of these types of updates is it before the OTA starts to be delivered?

days, weeks, more than a month?

ATnTdude

Feb 19, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
I know it all varies, but typically, how long from the leak/release of these types of updates is it before the OTA starts to be delivered?

days, weeks, more than a month?

Last time there was an early OTA leak on a Nexus was the FRF50 2.2 leak for the Nexus One. It was roughly 6 weeks from the appearance of FRF50 to the final FRF83, with FRF72 leaking in between.

I doubt it will be 6 weeks for this. It's an incremental update. I figure Early March, based on other rumors. Either 4.0.4 will be CDMA GN only, or there will be another increment to 4.0.5, which has been announced for branded GSM models.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Last time there was an early OTA leak on a Nexus was the FRF50 2.2 leak for the Nexus One. It was roughly 6 weeks from the appearance of FRF50 to the final FRF83, with FRF72 leaking in between.

I doubt it will be 6 weeks for this. It's an incremental update. I figure Early March, based on other rumors. Either 4.0.4 will be CDMA GN only, or there will be another increment to 4.0.5, which has been announced for branded GSM models.

4.0.5 has been announced by only one carrier I have seen.

I wouldn't say that's concrete.

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
... and again, since there are so many people who don't know how to flash the new radios, bump...

Terminators run on Android :cool:

ATnTdude

Feb 19, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
4.0.5 has been announced by only one carrier I have seen.

I wouldn't say that's concrete.

Like I said, it's all rumors. I was really stating the possibilities. Based on what we know now, there are 4 likely possibilities:

1) They push out IMM30B as-is. With the release keys on this one, it's possible.
2) They push out another iteration as 4.0.4 (something like IMM50). I find this more likely, as multiple rumors have pointed to March as the next OTA for LTE GN. Plenty of time for more fixes.
3) They push out another iteration as 4.0.5. I personally feel this is most likely, since 4.0.5 is the only version here that's been announced by anyone remotely official. I wouldn't bet on it, though.
4) They push out a version which is not 4.0.4 or 4.0.5. I think this is less likely than 2) or 3), but could happen.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
This is the beauty of Nexus devices. We are seeing more updates already than some phones see in their entire lifespan ;)

superchunkwii

Jan 5, 2011
Arizona
Thank you for the info. I have no current issues and really just wanted to skip the whole flashing scene. I think I'll just wait it out, glad to see a lot of good enhancements though.

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
You guys still need these links, don't you? Bump again ;)

Terminators run on Android :cool:

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Bump Bump Bump

Kind of sad that moderators won't sticky useful info.

BooDaddy

Jun 12, 2008
Ah. I see. These are not full builds, but rather updates. I missed that in the title.

Top Liked Posts