FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEPRECATED] Change to 4.0.4 yakju from yakjuxw (or ANY other version)

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By eddie_gordo, Senior Member on 14th December 2011, 07:06 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi guys,

efrant, who was providing almost all the support in this thread, opened a new thread in which he will give his attention now. You can (and should) check his thread by clicking here and I'm sure that the method he describes there is the best method to convert to yakju/takju or return to stock.

Thanks to efrant, once again that kept this thread running!

Best regards.
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to eddie_gordo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddie_gordo Ad-Free

14th December 2011, 07:23 PM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 88

More
for a noob with a Windows box, do this:

http://samsung.de/de/support/detail....7-5772e168e9e4

download the USB driver and firmware files to Windows (may take multiple tries, keep trying).
run USB driver app in Windows, reboot Windows
run firmware app in Windows
put phone in download mode (power off, volume down + power on, plug USB cable in)
in firmware app, click start!

and you're done!

You're now yakju with latest Google ITL41F.

Rapidshare for firmware file only (if you're having problem downloading it from Samsung.de site):

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|17...%2834fa3175%29

Latest Samsung drivers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exinferios

Also, this is the site for the drivers, should the poster of the second post wish to do an edit for it:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOB...ver-1480.shtml

Just make sure to go into C, program files, samsung, and uninstall the old ones if you have them.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rubiconjp Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 07:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
How do I tell what version I have?
The Following User Says Thank You to wonshikee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wonshikee Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 07:40 PM |#4  
Flag Austin

More
get Android System Info app from Market.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rubiconjp Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 07:41 PM |#5  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 246

More
why does it matter if its yakjuxw or yaktju? Sorry, just got mine ..
The Following User Says Thank You to offenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift offenberg Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 07:45 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Don't I even need to unlock bootloader? Plain Stock and just follow those steps?

Thanks

Edit: and will I lose any data?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to eddie_gordo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddie_gordo Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 08:08 PM |#7  
Flag Austin

More
No need to root or anything, just follow the steps. Yes you will lose your data.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by offenberg

why does it matter if its yakjuxw or yaktju? Sorry, just got mine ..

Ultimately it does not matter. You will still get the updates either way. With yakju build, your updates will come from Google.

With non-yakju builds, your updates will probably come from Samsung since non-yakju builds are region and/or carrier specific and thus are supported by Samsung.

From reading this great board, I have learned that this is nothing new. Previous Nexus's were also set up in such ways. Nexus with Google builds will get the updates faster since it is straight from Google. Other region/carrier specific Nexus's will also get updates, but at times, weeks later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rubiconjp Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 08:16 PM |#8  
Flag Copenhagen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconjp

No need to root or anything, just follow the steps. Yes you will lose your data.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Ultimately it does not matter. You will still get the updates either way. With yakju build, your updates will come from Google.

With non-yakju builds, your updates will probably come from Samsung since non-yakju builds are region and/or carrier specific and thus are supported by Samsung.

From reading this great board, I have learned that this is nothing new. Previous Nexus's were also set up in such ways. Nexus with Google builds will get the updates faster since it is straight from Google. Other region/carrier specific Nexus's will also get updates, but at times, weeks later.

Thanks! Then I see no point in doing this. For now.
The Following User Says Thank You to offenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift offenberg Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 08:18 PM |#9  
Liverpuuuuuuuuuul :)
Thanks Meter: 34

More
See if this helps (link). I had indicated the steps on that thread. Once you install fastboot and can see the phone, then it is a simple execution of either the flash-all.sh script or the commands listed therein.

I flashed my phone to the recent google build as indicated by the latest google image.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s1977 Ad-Free
14th December 2011, 08:23 PM |#10  
Flag Copenhagen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconjp

for a noob with a Windows box, do this:

http://samsung.de/de/support/detail....7-5772e168e9e4

download the USB driver and firmware files to Windows (may take multiple tries, keep trying).
run USB driver app in Windows
run firmware app in Windows
put phone in download mode (power off, volume down + power on, plug USB cable in)
in firmware app, click start!

and you're done!

You're now yakju with latest Google ITL41F.

it downloads 0kb file

anyone confirm?
14th December 2011, 08:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can anybody outline the steps for installing the original yakju images from Google on linux (not windows)? Thanks..
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread