FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My Galaxy Nexus came with Samsung ICS build rather then google...

1,507 posts
Thanks Meter: 434
 
By Luxferro, Senior Member on 5th December 2011, 04:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just went to update my gnex manually, and both stock recovery and CWR told me that the signature was wrong.

So I looked in the update zip and saw the following

Code:
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/223971:user/release-keys" ||
       file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41F/228551:user/release-keys");
Then I looked in my build.prop and saw that I have a different fingerprint, and that is why I won't let me manually update.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys
looks like mines from samsung rather then google.

edit: just to clear up for what region this build is meant for
Quote:

XW = Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luxferro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luxferro Ad-Free
 
 
5th December 2011, 05:31 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 300
 
Donate to Me
More
Will you post the rest of your build.prop?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
5th December 2011, 05:57 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge, MA
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxferro

I just went to update my gnex manually, and both stock recovery and CWR told me that the signature was wrong.

So I looked in the update zip and saw the following

Code:
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/223971:user/release-keys" ||
       file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41F/228551:user/release-keys");
Then I looked in my build.prop and saw that I have a different fingerprint, and that is why I won't let me manually update.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys
looks like mines from samsung rather then google.

Looks like it's also running an older baseband - XWKK5 rather than XXKK1. Perhaps, like the first person who got the GN in the UK, you got a prerelease phone that was never meant to be sold at retail?
5th December 2011, 06:01 AM |#4  
xHausx's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,551
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirality

Looks like it's also running an older baseband - XWKK5 rather than XXKK1. Perhaps, like the first person who got the GN in the UK, you got a prerelease phone that was never meant to be sold at retail?

Is it normal for Samsung to use release keys on their test software though?
The Following User Says Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xHausx Ad-Free
5th December 2011, 06:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
My baseband is K1, just says otherwise in the fingerprint. Here's the build.prop

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=I9250XWKK5_ITL41D
ro.build.display.id=I9250XWKK5_ITL41D
ro.build.version.incremental=163402
ro.build.version.sdk=14
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.1
ro.build.date=Sun Nov 13 04:05:52 KST 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1321124752
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=dpi.sec
ro.build.host=DELL159
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=yakjuxw
ro.product.device=maguro
ro.product.board=tuna
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap4
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=maguro
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=yakjuxw-user 4.0.1 I9250XWKK5_ITL41D 163402 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for maguro
#

rild.libpath=/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttys0
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.google.android.feedback
ro.error.receiver.default=com.samsung.receiver.error
ro.setupwizard.mode=ENABLED
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
ro.config.ringtone=Girtab.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=Proxima.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Cesium.ogg
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
drm.service.enabled=true
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
ro.opengles.version=131072
ro.sf.lcd_density=320
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r1
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
I guess I'll have to use the full system images to update my phone, as I'll never get the update.
5th December 2011, 06:18 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge, MA
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
The product name is different, it's yakjuxw instead of yakju, which means it's meant to be a different device than the normal release device that most people got (though that doesn't necessarily mean there are any hardware differences.)
5th December 2011, 06:23 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirality

The product name is different, it's yakjuxw instead of yakju, which means it's meant to be a different device than the normal release device that most people got (though that doesn't necessarily mean there are any hardware differences.)

Yeah, I initially noticed that too. Hopefully the hardware is the same and I won't run into any further issues once I flash the latest images. I created a nandroid just in case though.
5th December 2011, 06:25 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHausx

Is it normal for Samsung to use release keys on their test software though?

The odd thing is I only got the phone Friday from Expansys. Appeared to be brand new
5th December 2011, 06:34 AM |#9  
waylo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 472
 
More
I have the same thing on mine! No wonder... I've been waiting forever for the OTA update.

Shipped to me Thursday from Negri, here in the US. Picked it up at the Fedex depot on Saturday.
5th December 2011, 06:35 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge, MA
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Hmm...maybe Samsung pushed out their own update to fix the volume bug because they thought Google was taking too long. Perhaps this is what those retailers meant when they said that Samsung did additional testing and fixed some batches?
5th December 2011, 06:38 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 434
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo

I have the same thing on mine! No wonder... I've been waiting forever for the OTA update.

Shipped to me Thursday from Negri, here in the US. Picked it up at the Fedex depot on Saturday.

Yeah, that's probably why a lot of people aren't getting the update.

I'd assume if there are enough people out there with the same builds, google will have to make another update for us. I just want to know if the would be any further issues if we updated using the full system images. Like will we get updates in the future, or is something different with our phones? or the IMEI's
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes