FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

7,084 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,923

By Nephilim, Senior Member on 1st February 2013, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2013, 12:19 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I could be. I hope the camera and battery are much improved. If it's not on VZW, I guess not. In that case, I'll be on the Moto X phone or GS4.

10th March 2013, 01:59 AM |#112  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - Illuminati Confirmed
Flag Nusquam sed ubique
Thanks Meter: 7,108

Donate to Me
More
Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y
The biggest problem with LTE and a nexus is the nexus is supposed to be one phone for all carriers. Since you need a specific type of processor for different lte bands you can't really have a fits all phone. Qualcomm is working on a chip that works for all but its a ways a way still.

Sent from my Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark manning Ad-Free
10th March 2013, 09:45 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayr76

Why cant they make the next nexus work with both lte an gsm networks like some phones already do like iPhone 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

That's really not true. There are really three different iphones because of the different networks and frequencies around the world and still some carriers like tmobile are left out. They just make the exterior hardware the same and don't advertise the differences.

11th March 2013, 12:33 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hopefully my vzw nexus will run for a long time to come. It still blows away any previous phone I've had. Hopefully Verizon will see another one, but of not I'll ride this one still it stops working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to oldnexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oldnexus Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 03:19 AM |#115  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hoping for a CDMA/LTE nexus device. Not likely though

11th March 2013, 08:33 PM |#116  
Flag Huntington Beach, California, United States
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Waiting for the next best phone for Sprint. I read every post on this thread, and I must say, I was waiting for more evidence on the X Phone to be concrete. But the bootloader thing has me thinking. No matter what happens, we all know that what ever carrier we are on... we will most likely (if we're smart) read the user reviews and tech blogs about a phone after it releases and then check out the phone in store before making a leap to the next best phone. I am tied to Sprint because of work and my girlfriends parents house in Woodland Hills. They only get Sprint. Work requires me to answer my phone all day/night, everyday. So. It depends on Google, Sprint and Manufacturer. I will most likely not upgrade to N5 due to the fact that Google said no to LTE and no to CDMA by choice with the N4. Basically giving the finger to Sprint and Verizon. Kind of bummed about that actually, but hopefully time fixes all that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)