Thanks Meter: 594

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu029

Code:
adb backup -apk -shared -all -f /c/backup.ab
I am running win 7 x64

Did the screen show up on your phone requesting permission? If so, did you allow it permission, and wait until it said that the backup was completed to check the file size?
3rd January 2012, 02:46 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 593

More
Thumbs up
Wow, this should be a freakin STICKY!!!
3rd January 2012, 03:02 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copkay

Did the screen show up on your phone requesting permission? If so, did you allow it permission, and wait until it said that the backup was completed to check the file size?

Correct. I went through all of the permissions asked on the phone.

i.e. the screen you posted in step 4.
3rd January 2012, 03:09 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Correct. I went through all of the permissions asked on the phone.

i.e. the screen you posted in step 4.

After allowing the backup, did you get a Toast saying "Backup Started"?
3rd January 2012, 03:23 AM |#15  

More
I do. And shortly after, maybe 5 sec I get one saying backup complete. I just did one just using the -apk code, and it took about 10 min, but still rendered me with a .ab file with 0kb.
3rd January 2012, 03:31 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I do. And shortly after, maybe 10 sec I get one saying backup complete. I just did one just using the -apk code, and it took about 10 min, but still rendered me with a .ab file with 0kb.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but it's one worth asking: have you tried refreshing the folder? Initially the file starts out as 0b and builds up as it goes, and it's possible the file has a size, but the window just hasn't updated to show it.
3rd January 2012, 04:29 AM |#17  

More
Quote:

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but it's one worth asking: have you tried refreshing the folder? Initially the file starts out as 0b and builds up as it goes, and it's possible the file has a size, but the window just hasn't updated to show it.

Ha, it is ok and very reasonable to ask that. I have, and same result. I have been going through and toggling things to see what I have on or off that should be otherwise. Just to get the next one out of the way, USB debugging is on.
3rd January 2012, 04:36 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ha, it is ok and very reasonable to ask that. I have, and same result. I have been going through and toggling things to see what I have on or off that should be otherwise. Just to get the next one out of the way, USB debugging is on.

Haha, okay. Hmm, well if it's getting as far as that there's no question that ADB is connecting. For some reason, it's just not writing out the files. You're on 4.0.2, I'm sure? (not that it should make a difference), and are you GSM or LTE? I really don't think it should matter; I'm just grasping at straws...

I just tried the same exact command you mentioned; I'm also on Win7 x64; LTE Nexus with 4.0.2; backed up directly to C:/c/backup.ab.
3rd January 2012, 05:09 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

Haha, okay. Hmm, well if it's getting as far as that there's no question that ADB is connecting. For some reason, it's just not writing out the files. You're on 4.0.2, I'm sure? (not that it should make a difference), and are you GSM or LTE? I really don't think it should matter; I'm just grasping at straws...

I just tried the same exact command you mentioned; I'm also on Win7 x64; LTE Nexus with 4.0.2; backed up directly to C:/c/backup.ab.

I am running the same setup as you. Would the version of SDK tools and Platform tools matter? I am running Rev 16 and 10 repectively. When I run the comands I am in the C:/ prompt, but that doesnt seem to matter from what I can tell. I am using the USB computer connection of MTP rather than PTP if that matters.

I am still pretty green to this, as the last phone I really messed with was the Eris, and with that it has still been awhile. Things have really come a long way since then.
3rd January 2012, 05:14 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am running the same setup as you. Would the version of SDK tools and Platform tools matter? I am running Rev 16 and 10 repectively. When I run the comands I am in the C:/ prompt, but that doesnt seem to matter from what I can tell. I am using the USB computer connection of MTP rather than PTP if that matters.

I am still pretty green to this, as the last phone I really messed with was the Eris, and with that it has still been awhile. Things have really come a long way since then.

The versions might matter, but you're on the same revisions I'm on. Now, I will say that I am running from C:/Program Files(x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/ rather than just the straight C:/ prompt, just because I've been too lazy to add ADB to my system variables. I'm also using MTP, which shouldn't affect it.

Yeah, things have changed quite a bit; going from the Droid line to the Fascinate was my last jump.

The only thing I can think of to try is to make sure that you are running your Command Prompt as Administrator. The fact that it's creating a file at all seems to disprove that this would have an effect, but it's worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to copkay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift copkay Ad-Free
3rd January 2012, 05:47 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

The versions might matter, but you're on the same revisions I'm on. Now, I will say that I am running from C:/Program Files(x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/ rather than just the straight C:/ prompt, just because I've been too lazy to add ADB to my system variables. I'm also using MTP, which shouldn't affect it.

Yeah, things have changed quite a bit; going from the Droid line to the Fascinate was my last jump.

The only thing I can think of to try is to make sure that you are running your Command Prompt as Administrator. The fact that it's creating a file at all seems to disprove that this would have an effect, but it's worth a try.

Did you replace the driver with the modified android_winusb.inf?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, backup, ice-cream-sandwich, restore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)