FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO] force 4.1 Jelly Bean Update

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By mcniick9, Junior Member on 13th July 2012, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into Setting -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
-You will see a button for “Clear Data”; clear it.
-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

YOU HAVE TO BE ON WIFI TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE!!!

Hit the thanks button if it helps!!!! Best of luck!
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to mcniick9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcniick9 Ad-Free

13th July 2012, 09:08 AM |#2  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 243

More
I think there's a lot of steps that are being added in and making a ton of variants of this frameworks... 'exploit'.

People might just have the right timing or something...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
13th July 2012, 09:08 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I hope someone can help me...I flashed takju image using efrant's guide a while back. Did everything to the letter. Then today I did the trick above, except just cleared cache and data then went to check update and it triggered the ota jellybean. But the ota failed and I saw a sad android bot with red sign and a ! In the middle. Phone finally restarted on its own and is on same ics 4.0.4.

Any ideas what went wrong???!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
13th July 2012, 09:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
You need to be connected to a WIFI for download the update, look at my screenshot (its in spanish But it says: "for WIFI only until july 12") so there.

Hope it helps , remember you have be on WiFi.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1342167717437.jpg
Views:	4043
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1195041  
13th July 2012, 09:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcniick9

Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

Best of luck!

Non of this works JBQ has stated this himself, it was just your time on the server. It could take weeks to update all the gsm phones as bandwidth isn't free or unlimited.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
13th July 2012, 09:36 AM |#6  

More
I was on wifi, the update downloaded, then I saw the sad bot with the exclamation point. I was worried it was bricked but then phone restarted. Also why is it showing 4.1? Shouldn't it be 4.1.1?

13th July 2012, 09:56 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcniick9

Best of luck!

I tried this but I keep getting the same 4.0.4 update for some reason and no JB. I'm running yakju imm76d gnex dunno why it keeps cycling to the same exact update
13th July 2012, 10:54 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just cleared and force stopped the framework app. After a out 20 tries, it worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
13th July 2012, 11:04 AM |#9  
Flag Aachen, Germany
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I followed the following steps to get the OTA update in the first attempt.

i) Force stop the Google Services Framework.
ii)Clear data of Google Services Framework
iii) Go to System Updates and check again and voila !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to anupash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anupash Ad-Free
13th July 2012, 01:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Worked! :) Although the force checkin was not necessary. Just force-stopped Google Services Framework, cleared it's cached data and checked for updates a couple of times. The JB update screen came up approx. on the 4th or 5th try. Obviously Google's servers give the update to every "n"-th requesting device. So doing this cycle enough times guarantees success.

(Of course this works only if you're Ice Cream Sandwich is from Google ... if your phone's Android came from a phone company -eg. Samsung-, you might not be so lucky since your phone will check in with the phone company's servers and not Google's servers.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bit2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bit2 Ad-Free
13th July 2012, 01:31 PM |#11  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I understand that It may be the time for the update. Normal update check does not get the update pushed but the framework fix does.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)