[HOW-TO] force 4.1 Jelly Bean Update

Search This thread

elvish

Sep 20, 2010
Ottawa
It will always give an error if rooted I had to reflash to stock n lock the boot loader before it updated properly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

lazl0

Jul 11, 2012
If you do this update and have lobe security app job will crash. Uninstall lbe before you do the update. I posted a topic on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

lazl0

Jul 11, 2012
You should be on XXLA2 Radio and latest bootloader unrooted

I had voodoo installed which let me recover my root
The phone was rooted before and it worked fine. My phone was bought from Google though. Unfortunately I had lobe privacy app which when activated cause my phone to continually reboot. Had to go into fast boot to restore it. Wiped out all my data. Thankfully everything was backed up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

agent 360

Jul 15, 2012
You Rock

Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into Setting -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
-You will see a button for “Clear Data”; clear it.
-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

YOU HAVE TO BE ON WIFI TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE!!!

Hit the thanks button if it helps!!!! Best of luck!

I swear you guys rock ! From Rooting to this now? love this site.. Igoogle charged me 3 nexus sold one to my friend was very upset dude got jelly bean before me !. THANKS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Nemesis_GNex

Jun 13, 2012
One question :

For this update does stock need to be unrooted and bootloader lock?

My nexus is on stock 4.0.4 rooted and bootloader unlock. When I done force update I get update 4.1. After downloading and reboot i get 2 error - E: signature failer and something more. Then I done reboot from ClockMod recovery and get in 4.0.4

What to do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Aloghes

Jul 13, 2012
San Jose
It worked

Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

it worked two days ago but my account was not active I don`t know why

onthecouchagain

Aug 13, 2010
Are there any risks to your phone force stopping and clearing the google framework thing?

I know this is probably my imagination, but one day with my Galaxy GSM (international), I woke up to it saying it "Encryption Unsuccessful" which bricked my GN. After many failed attempts at reflashing stock, etc., I picked up a Nexus from the Google Play store so I have stock Takju, unrooted, untampered.

Anyway, my point is, I can't help but feel clearing the framework might have caused that "Encryption Unsuccessful" issue? Please tell me I'm wrong.

pankaj013

Jan 5, 2012
Got it! Thanks!

So, I was trying with the force close, clear cache, system update cycle since morning but nothing happened. I just now tried doing the *#*#2432546#*#* force checkin trick and it worked. I have the Jelly Bean updating as I type :)

Thanks

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
I know it funny to as will this work on Verizon?

No. GSM Nexus only.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

One question :

For this update does stock need to be unrooted and bootloader lock?

My nexus is on stock 4.0.4 rooted and bootloader unlock. When I done force update I get update 4.1. After downloading and reboot i get 2 error - E: signature failer and something more. Then I done reboot from ClockMod recovery and get in 4.0.4

What to do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You can be rooted with unlocked bootloader, but must have stock recovery. So your problem would be you're trying to update with CWR. Either use the ROM by bigxie, or restore factory recovery img.

martinmartinmartin

Jul 16, 2012
this will sound stupid, please bear with me

Yeah, so i got this yakjuzs IMM76K samsung-maguro Galaxy Nexus v4.0.4...

let me just say that i freaking envy you guys. i wish i could get the same JB update within July (or August at most), but I have little faith with Samsung. My GT 8.9 has been promised an update so many times, i don't think i can trust Samsung anymore with mine.

i've read a lot of articles unlocking my GN then update my version to an IMM76I to get the update. is this the right step?

chopeta

Jul 16, 2012
I've always loved you but I didn't knew it until the moment I found this post! :)

Now I can test stock Jelly Bean for some time until I get confortable with unlock by bootloader and root my new Gxus.

Thank you so much!

lashton

Dec 26, 2010
download the nexus tool kit, use it to download the offical rom, flash it then just wait, 20 mins for the 4.0.4 update and another 2-3 hours for 4.1.1, it seems the OTA download silently in the background and ONLY display the uopdate box when it comes to time to install

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Worked! :) Although the force checkin was not necessary. Just force-stopped Google Services Framework, cleared it's cached data and checked for updates a couple of times. The JB update screen came up approx. on the 4th or 5th try. Obviously Google's servers give the update to every "n"-th requesting device. So doing this cycle enough times guarantees success.

(Of course this works only if you're Ice Cream Sandwich is from Google ... if your phone's Android came from a phone company -eg. Samsung-, you might not be so lucky since your phone will check in with the phone company's servers and not Google's servers.)
    I followed the following steps to get the OTA update in the first attempt.

i) Force stop the Google Services Framework.
    ii)Clear data of Google Services Framework
    iii) Go to System Updates and check again and voila !!!

does this only work for a specific (Sprint) nexus ? CDMA/GSM ?

or is it for the unlocked version Google sold ?

Unlocked GSM version from Google Play store.