Thanks Meter: 220

Thread Closed Email Thread
28th June 2012, 02:20 PM |#11  
Flag Rovigo
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristovaher

Exactly, I don't want to meddle with custom ROM's and whatnot. I just want the latest version of Android from Google on my Nexus phone and so do majority of others I believe.

But this radio thing is still confusing to me, what are all the other threads talking about? I don't need to update some firmware separately to this?

It's all in there. You should have the latest LF1 radio when flashing this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Camazza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Camazza Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 02:20 PM |#12  
Flag Vandling, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristovaher

Exactly, I don't want to meddle with custom ROM's and whatnot. I just want the latest version of Android from Google on my Nexus phone and so do majority of others I believe.

But this radio thing is still confusing to me, what are all the other threads talking about? I don't need to update some firmware separately to this?

You don't have to flash the new radio. There is a new radio available, but it isn't necessary to flash it. If you do want to, you can either flash it with fastboot or there may be a CWM flashable .zip available.
28th June 2012, 02:31 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camazza

It's all in there. You should have the latest LF1 radio when flashing this.

Oh thank you so much! I'm a tech-guy myself and have developed for Android, but the whole rooting-flashing-updating business paired with the fear of bricking have kept me away from knowing anything more than Android app development.

This is really appreciated, I've done this before (when 4.0.4 was released), I just got very confused by the multiple threads and posts that talk about extra steps and radios.
28th June 2012, 02:52 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camazza

I'll try since I updated my yakju some hours ago. Here's what I did, but should work with every ROM.

1) Download and install the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit. It's awesome.
2) Download the ROM
2b) Put the ROM zip file on your phone wherever you like
3) Turn off your phone, press Volume UP + DOWN and then press power, you should then be in bootloader mode.
4) Connect your phone
5) If driver installation fails, open the Toolkit and choose option 1 (Install Drivers), then reconnect.
6) Open the Toolkit, choose whatever rom you have (I still have to find out if it really makes a difference for the options we're going to use)
7) Select Option 3 and confirm from Phone (WILL WIPE DATA) <-- NOT NECESSARY IF YOU ARE ALREADY UNLOCKED
8) When in bootloader mode again, choose option 9 and then Option 1
9) You should see CWM. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
10) Select the file you sent to the phone on step 2b
11) Wait.
12) Wipe data/factory reset
13) Reboot

YAY! You now have Android 4.1 Jellybean
This guide was written mainly for Stock users, as more advanced users probably already know how to flash a ROM.
Please correct any errors I may have made.

Can I just use fastboot to boot into CWM and apply the linked Rom via "install zip from sdcard"?
28th June 2012, 03:39 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn

More
I got it updated and can confirm than the posted step by step does indeed work, no problems so far. I was slightly worried while the device was booting up very slowly, but other than that everything seems perfect!
28th June 2012, 03:58 PM |#16  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Did you try it with a yakjuxw? Or the Google version? Dont know if i have to change from yakjuxw
28th June 2012, 04:06 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSvedberg

Did you try it with a yakjuxw? Or the Google version? Dont know if i have to change from yakjuxw

I had the regular yakju myself, don't know about yakjuxw.
28th June 2012, 04:10 PM |#18  
Flag Rovigo
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosDiagramm

Can I just use fastboot to boot into CWM and apply the linked Rom via "install zip from sdcard"?

If you are already running CWM of coure you can. In the end this tutorial is meant just to get into CWM and flash the zip file.
28th June 2012, 04:14 PM |#19  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,550

More
In order to keep things organized we'll be linking to everything from a single thread. Please refer there for more information about updating.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1737899
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, bean, flash, jelly, update
Previous Thread Next Thread