FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I'm so close to downgrading....

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By g8who, Junior Member on 11th December 2012, 05:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Having upgraded to 4.2.x now for about a month I have nothing but fustrations about the upgrade. I've had probably 5-6 random reboots where as on 4.1.x I had none. The phone has had problems connecting to data where the only remedy was to reboot. I've also had problems connecting with GPS AND bluetooth where only a reboot would fix things. The OS studders much more than before and (it could be my imagination) it seems some apps run slower than before. With that said if I have to reboot one more time this week I will be downgrading.

BTW I'm stock with bootloader unlocked on yakju.
11th December 2012, 05:52 PM |#2  
Flag Hedensted
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Like everyone else you should try a fresh install of the factory image wiping everything without restoring any data. It shouldn't matter if you are going to downgrade anyway.

We are many who have had no issues at all, so give it a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to mortenmhp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mortenmhp Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 05:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Lots of threads already on these issues.

Just downgrade now and save us having to listen to more whining...
11th December 2012, 06:00 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 355

More
If you updated from 4.1 to 4.2 without a full wipe there's potential for a lot to go wrong. There could be some app running as a service that isn't fully compatible with 4.2 causing your issues.
With that being said, I would try fully resetting the device, no need to re-flash the stock image because it's already in place on the device anyway.
Install apps that are known to work on 4.2 ONLY. Then, you can begin testing to see if it becomes stable. After that, do what you want.
11th December 2012, 06:43 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenmhp

Like everyone else you should try a fresh install of the factory image wiping everything without restoring any data. It shouldn't matter if you are going to downgrade anyway.

We are many who have had no issues at all, so give it a shot.

Thanks, I'll give a try!
11th December 2012, 06:49 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymru

Lots of threads already on these issues.

Just downgrade now and save us having to listen to more whining...

Not all of us have the time to look through all the threads to make sure threads aren't duplicate buddy.
11th December 2012, 07:05 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8who

Not all of us have the time to look through all the threads to make sure threads aren't duplicate buddy.

Yeah, it's as if someone should add a search button to the forum
The Following User Says Thank You to cymru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cymru Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 07:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 261

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymru

Yeah, it's as if someone should add a search button to the forum

But searching takes time...

And it's not like you can make it through a page in either General or Q&A without tripping over a 4.2 whine thread.
12th December 2012, 08:30 PM |#9  
Flag Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8who

Having upgraded to 4.2.x now for about a month I have nothing but fustrations about the upgrade. I've had probably 5-6 random reboots where as on 4.1.x I had none. The phone has had problems connecting to data where the only remedy was to reboot. I've also had problems connecting with GPS AND bluetooth where only a reboot would fix things. The OS studders much more than before and (it could be my imagination) it seems some apps run slower than before. With that said if I have to reboot one more time this week I will be downgrading.

BTW I'm stock with bootloader unlocked on yakju.

if you're on the VZW Galaxy Nexus, then i strongly recommend getting the mmuzzy rom. i think it's made specifically for that carrier/model only. it's been great for me so far. so smooth, no issues thus far!

i don't know how much experience you have with swapping roms, but you should use the Super Wipe utility that mmuzzy recommends.
The Following User Says Thank You to jpildave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jpildave Ad-Free
12th December 2012, 08:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpildave

if you're on the VZW Galaxy Nexus, then i strongly recommend getting the mmuzzy rom. i think it's made specifically for that carrier/model only. it's been great for me so far. so smooth, no issues thus far!

i don't know how much experience you have with swapping roms, but you should use the Super Wipe utility that mmuzzy recommends.

This guy is correct MMuzzy has been the most stable for Vzn Gnex. I only have a qualm with the GPS, but that's every phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
12th December 2012, 09:44 PM |#11  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Most of people that have problemas... solve with a clean install... i dont know why dont try before back to 4.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)