FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INFO] List of known issues & GN problems found after going through the whole forum

11,834 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,665

By AllGamer, Retired Forum Moderator on 25th November 2011, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, after detailed reading of roughly 750 topics plus its ever growing amount of replies, these are the results found so far...

The most predominant Known Issues found so far:

Combination of Software and/or Hardware bugs
  • Ghost Volume issue (most phones affected, most likely software bug)
    from Samsung UK http://www.facebook.com/SamsungUK?sk=wall
    Quote:

"Regarding the Galaxy Nexus, we are aware of the volume issue and have developed a fix. We will update devices as soon as possible."

Modaco seems to have made a working fix http://android.modaco.com/topic/3490...olume-bug-fix/
  • Same issue as other phones (like the recently released Moto Razr, SGS2) on SAMOLED+ screen coloration, lines, botches, etc. (according to Superculio this is probably a software issue)
  • SOD [sleep of death] (some devices, could be either hardware or software bug)
  • Colour banding (some devices, could be either hardware or software bug)
  • Camera bugs (most likely software issue)
  • screen mini lag when switching between screens (software optimization issue)
  • speaker hissing noise (probably hardware quality issue)
  • face to unlock security problem, easily faked (just don't use this feature problem solved ), software upgrade/fix expected
  • software buttons bugs (mostly with apps that are not ICS ready)
  • weak WiFi (this is actually a known issue on ALL Samsung Galaxy line of phones)
  • camera off center (quality control issue)
  • poor battery life (this is a tricky one, as it's a combination possible causes)
  • There are 2 versions of Galaxy Nexus making its round, one with Google signature, and the other one with Samsung signature, the one with Samsung signature will be unable to receive OTA until future notice.
    To find out if your version of GN is from Google or from Samsung check out the signature key
    Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys
  • some Apps/Games are not compatible either due the screen resolution, or Graphic/CPU chip-set expected (this is expected, ask the Developers/Publishers for an updated version, for example Gameloft is very good at releasing updated versions to support new phones)
  • and some other mostly minor features people are accustomed to from previous Froyo/Gingerbread features no longer available or replaced in ICS

Hardware specific (by design)
  • no Mass Storage mode (no USB mount for drag & drop files)
  • no SD Card support
  • 5 MP Camera

... ahh well typical of any new phone release the first batch is always Bug ridden

note: all these information are from people in this forum that owns the device and have provided their own review, and compiled from popular complains, specially those issues that has been posted at least 5 times in separate threads by different owners.

The list will be updated as these bugs are addressed or newly added
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to AllGamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AllGamer Ad-Free

25th November 2011, 05:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Link to a perfect phone?
25th November 2011, 05:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Cry....

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
25th November 2011, 05:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer

The most predominant issues found so far
- no SD card

Thats not an issue that's the way it's designed and not any oversight or something thats going to get "fixed"...

It would be like saying you had an issue with a car because it did not have a sunroof. Its something evident at time of purchase.

I'd like it to have an SD card (or at least have 32G) but it's not something it would find to complain about *after* the purchase having decided to buy it knowing it was not there.
25th November 2011, 05:47 PM |#5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Dont buy it then. Every phone has issues at launch

Sent from the a Xoom, via Tapatalk
25th November 2011, 05:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
"no Mass storage mode" is not an issue or a bug - it just cannot be done if you don't have a separate partition for storage, unless you want the user to be able to access all system files as well,which is a very stupid idea.
25th November 2011, 05:55 PM |#7  
Flag Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 300

Donate to Me
More
Most of those are NOT bugs.

No SD card? Not a bug.
No USB Mass Storage? Not a bug.
5 MP camera? Nope, not a bug.

This thread seems kind of useless.
25th November 2011, 06:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
are you intent in giving me piles - stop scaring us man
25th November 2011, 06:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer

The most predominant issues found so far

[see below analysis]

... ahh well typical of any new phone release the first batch is always Bug ridden

[OP edited thread to at least make it a little bit more objective since I wrote this. thanks]

umm seriously?

- Ghost Volume issue ::: known issue, software fix incoming
- same screen coloration, lines, botches like other phones on SAMOLED+ ::: known fact, its just the way SAMOLED works. if it bugs you so much, avoid SAMOLED devices ***NOTE this is only visible on low brightness and may even be subjective. Some people don't notice it***
- sleep of death ::: some reports of this.. although a lot of people are blaming it on apps taking over the CPU (probably the only valid bug.. maybe ICS needs to tweak its task killer)
- colour banding ::: umm same as the SAMOLED issue?
- no Mass storage mode (USB mount for drag & drop files) ::: this was intentional so that the device could use the entire drive for apps. As opposed to the stupidity now where you fill up your apps partition and then you're screwed. Other ICS devices will have SD card support and allow mass storage mode. If this is important for you, don't get the Galaxy Nexus
- no SD card ::: again... a bug? really? It was a design decision. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to buy the phone. Samsung is not going to "fix" this issue
- 5 MP camera bugs ::: hmm? Not sure what you're referring to. It's a known fact that the camera does suffer under low light, but this is just due to the choice of hardware. As one user previous said. show us a perfect phone.
- screen mini lag when switching between things :::: another umm what? I haven't experienced this issue.. haven't even heard of it. ICS has been ridiculously smooth.
- speaker hissing noise :::: I did read about this one... not widely spread enough to be sure of it being a bug. Could just be a low quality speaker, not good at high volumes
- face to unlock security problem, easily faked (just don't use this feature problem solved ) ::: face to unlock security was NEVER meant as a security measure. It's a gimmick. You can't perfect this without some technology we don't even have yet. Either that, or install some high tech hardware into the phone making it cost 10X more and weigh 10X more
- software buttons bugs ::: another one I never heard of? I havent experienced. Maybe it's out there, won't comment more
- and some more mostly minor features people are accustomed to from previous phones, not available in stock ICS ::: maybe a subjective complaint? theres been a lot of changes. These can be fixed either by other devs or google in their updates

No phone is perfect. And no one is forcing you to buy this phone. There are problems, but there are also a lot of happy people with the device (remember.. youre more likely to post on a forum like this if you have bugs than if you're happy-go-lucky with your device)

(Sorry, I'm just getting really sick of these posts)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kwazi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwazi Ad-Free
25th November 2011, 06:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
The best part is the op doesn't even have the phone lol what a tool!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
25th November 2011, 06:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Galaxy Nexus is a "strange" device, i was undecided between the Nexus or Sensation XE
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy nexus, known issues, nexus prime, nexus problem

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)