FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you have an issue with Galaxy Nexus volume changing automatically?

Yes, my phone suffers from volume problems

209 Vote(s)
54.43%
No, I haven't experienced the volume problem

141 Vote(s)
36.72%
I did not have it at first, but it does happen now

17 Vote(s)
4.43%
I had the problem before, but not anymore

17 Vote(s)
4.43%

Do you have an issue with Galaxy Nexus volume changing automatically? (Updated 01.12)

949 posts
Thanks Meter: 220

Thread Closed Email Thread
24th November 2011, 07:47 AM |#1311  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davej777

This.
Internal pullups are used, so the inputs should (hopefully) not be floating. I am not sure if it is possible to somehow disable them (by accident or otherwise) in the exact model used in the device.

Thanks for your input. The keyword is "hopefully", since the chances are high that the negligible current induced with GSM Buzz on the node may produce sufficient voltage to overcome trigger's threshold just because of high input impedance (V=IR, and the R>>0 in this case), which in its turn might be the result of a wrong pullup value. Otherwise, I don't understand, why only the vol down key is affected?!

24th November 2011, 07:58 AM |#1312  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander T.

Otherwise, I don't understand, why only the vol down key is affected?!

It appears that the down key is closer to the radio.

If you place another GSM phone nearby, both down and up events are observed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davej777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davej777 Ad-Free
24th November 2011, 08:05 AM |#1313  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davej777

It appears that the down key is closer to the radio.

If you place another GSM phone nearby, both down and up events are observed.

This makes sense.

I dindn't know that before.
24th November 2011, 10:50 AM |#1314  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni1979

Where did you get the information that the shipments are delayed to middle of December? Amazon Germany has already confirmed shipment on 01st of December. In my preorder nothing changed on the date.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I was going to order mine today (date of release in Germany) 24 nov 2011. now it is delayed till minimum 8 dec. other websites say 2 weeks . You said amazon.de ?? its 3 weeks "Gewöhnlich versandfertig in 1 bis 3 Wochen.
"
in France , its middle december for sure. I contacted a seller .

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proyoyo

Update from their website:
Hi everyone,

Samsung has asked its distributors to fix stock that hasn't shipped in relation to the above issue. This affects MobiCity's inbound stock of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The current shipping situation is as follows:

Shipping today: All orders up to MobiCity Australia order ending in 41009 and MobiCity New Zealand order ending in 04408.

Shipping on Saturday 26th Nov: All orders up to MobiCity Australia order ending in 41768 and MobiCity New Zealand order ending in 04533.

Further shipments should resume on Monday the 28th of Nov but this may slip to Tuesday if there's logistical issues in moving so much stock around.

We will keep this post updated with as much information as possible as the situation develops.

This is exactly what it is happening in Germany and France , where shipments have been delayed for over 2 weeks .
The Following User Says Thank You to santacruzdz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift santacruzdz Ad-Free
24th November 2011, 11:13 AM |#1315  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzdz

I was going to order mine today (date of release in Germany) 24 nov 2011. now it is delayed till minimum 8 dec. other websites say 2 weeks . You said amazon.de ?? its 3 weeks "Gewöhnlich versandfertig in 1 bis 3 Wochen.
"
in France , its middle december for sure. I contacted a seller .

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

This is exactly what it is happening in Germany and France , where shipments have been delayed for over 2 weeks .

So existing owners can reasonably expect an OTA (or downloadable) update in the next 14 days, then. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later - I'm keen to see if Google and Samsung can fix this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duddyroar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Duddyroar Ad-Free
24th November 2011, 11:32 AM |#1316  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmw017

Does anyone know what they mean by "fix stock" ... The retailers aren't seriously going to take the innocence of the boxes right?
Maybe I'm just nutty, but I don't like having my unicorn unboxed for me in some dark and lonely warehouse for no real reason.

so if samsung or these retailers fix these phones then aren't they now considered refurbished and can't be sold as new phones anymore
24th November 2011, 11:38 AM |#1317  
Flag Gillingham, Kent
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake

so if samsung or these retailers fix these phones then aren't they now considered refurbished and can't be sold as new phones anymore

No, the work is officially done by Samsung, though some partners will be involved, and so the work undertaken is classed as "Improvements" rather that "Refurbishment".
24th November 2011, 11:40 AM |#1318  
Flag NYC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2281088

No, the work is officially done by Samsung, though some partners will be involved, and so the work undertaken is classed as "Improvements" rather that "Refurbishment".

But then shouldn't it be sold as open boxes
24th November 2011, 11:41 AM |#1319  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

"Samsung has asked its distributors to fix stock that hasn't shipped in relation to the above issue. This affects MobiCity's inbound stock of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

It's not the retailers doing the fix, it's the distributors... indeed, retailers doing it would be a silly situation. Samsung may have distributors who deal solely with Samsung product in which case they'd presumably be a bit more "trustable".

Edit: Beaten to it!
24th November 2011, 11:46 AM |#1320  
Flag Gillingham, Kent
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

But then shouldn't it be sold as open boxes

No as the work is done by Samsung the units are resealed by them so are still counted as "New"
24th November 2011, 11:50 AM |#1321  
Flag NYC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2281088

No as the work is done by Samsung the units are resealed by them so are still counted as "New"

Truthfully not to argue this but I think our country's laws are different and I don't think that would fly here in the USA just saying 2 different country's different laws I don't think we allow that here
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bug, galaxy, nexus, volume
Previous Thread Next Thread