[Q] iTunes on Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

Grant H

Nov 27, 2011
Madison, WI
In the past I've used iSyncr to handle iTunes transfers over to my Galaxy S2.

Will this app still work with the Nexus?

If not, how are you guys getting your iTunes playlists/music onto the Galaxy Nexus?

mstyle88

Aug 24, 2010
Greenville, SC
I just gave up on iTunes syncing. I hated Doubletwist, so now I just drag and drop. I also spend less time with my music library because of Spotify. Also, check out Salling Media Sync. Its available in the Mac App Store. Its expensive, but I've heard good things about it.

Skysurfer69

Nov 19, 2011
London
Just to add my tuppence

Being a recent convert to the Android fold (brand new GN - still awaiting update :( ), and having used iTunes/iPhone for too long, I felt the need to find an app that would let me sync iTunes playlists.

I tried a shed-load of apps; doubletwist was pure crap (IMHO) and not worth the effort, WinAmp might "really whip the llama's ass" but didn't "really know how to sync a playlist" well enough to warrant me keeping it.

I then found iSyncr and the WiFi plugin and these did exactly what they said they would, seamlessly and effortlessly. The free version would only sync 30 tracks per playlist so the paltry price they were asking for it seemed worth it to me.

As for the Google Music point... not available to UK users yet but there is a very simple workaround, just waiting to set this up on my phone.

BinaryTB

Oct 1, 2010
I second the Subsonic recommendation. It's been around for a while, use it on my phone, browser, wife's iphone.

It does what Google Music does, but you have more control and I believe it does video too. It definitely isn't as easy to setup and use as GM though, so a big caveat there.

sabesh

Dec 15, 2004
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
iSyncR WiFi sync didn't work for me. I then used DoubleTwist Air Sync to sync. Worked well. The playlists are recognized by PowerAmp, so all is good (as I dislike the DoubleTwist player).

MaxXx1605

Dec 17, 2011
hey, i used iSyncR too, but a lot of songs in the playlists are missing (not only the bought ones) and some pictures are not at the right songs. that really sucks. you may have an alternetive for me? in germany google music is not available now;( besides you always need a good connection for streaming.

thx for answers