FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Jelly Bean Headset Controls

651 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By Doodsz, Senior Member on 4th July 2012, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2012, 10:49 PM |#11  
moeahmad1995's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonium

I can confirm my handset didn't burst into flames with an Apple headset and while the vol up/down buttons didn't work, long press on middle opened search and short press pauses/plays. I don't have any music on my GNex to try the next/previous tracks.

Ok good, I didn't want my nexus to explode. Thanks for being the Guinea pig

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
 
 
5th July 2012, 10:54 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have bought the headset control app and noticed that the long press didn't let me control volume anymore :( any idea how to disable or modify the controls mentioned above?
Thanks!
5th July 2012, 11:24 PM |#13  
Doodsz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanderF

I have bought the headset control app and noticed that the long press didn't let me control volume anymore :( any idea how to disable or modify the controls mentioned above?
Thanks!

Theres jays headset control on the play store

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
6th July 2012, 03:37 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeahmad1995

Ok good, I didn't want my nexus to explode. Thanks for being the Guinea pig

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

You guys have it backwards, my Jellybean rocking Nexus would make the apple headphones burst into flames!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drewmungus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Drewmungus Ad-Free
6th July 2012, 05:18 AM |#15  
IAmAN00bie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 355
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodsz

Theres jays headset control on the play store

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, JAYS headset control is overidden by Google's control. At least that's what happens to me...
6th July 2012, 05:52 AM |#16  
thos25's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Blm-Normal IL
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android.vibrant

confirm that it worked with a samsung earphone!

Nice. I have several brands, but usually use zaggbuds. Triple click did not work with them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
6th July 2012, 03:49 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonium

I can confirm my handset didn't burst into flames with an Apple headset and while the vol up/down buttons didn't work, long press on middle opened search and short press pauses/plays. I don't have any music on my GNex to try the next/previous tracks.

Also if you have Apple earbuds you can double click the middle button and it will skip to the next track. This all works in ICS too.
7th July 2012, 01:14 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAN00bie

Unfortunately, JAYS headset control is overidden by Google's control. At least that's what happens to me...

yup same with the app I'm using. Hope the devs can override the override.
a click+long click for google now would be my choice
8th July 2012, 10:54 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAN00bie

Unfortunately, JAYS headset control is overidden by Google's control. At least that's what happens to me...

Media button router gave me access back to my third party bluetooth voice dialer on Jellybean. However to access google voice commands now I have to initiative them by touch instead of the center bluetooth button. After they are initiated the google voice commands work as they should on bluetooth.

Only thing left is to get the center BT button to distinguish between a long and short press so it can initiative either my 3rd party voice dialer or google voice commands. There is another app I have in mind to test for that. Here is link for media button router.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ni.android.mbr
8th July 2012, 11:33 PM |#20  
ArmanUV's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw3000

Also if you have Apple earbuds you can double click the middle button and it will skip to the next track. This all works in ICS too.

No it didn't work for me. Only pause/play and long press for voice worked.

Apple has patents on their implementation of 3 button controls. So any "Made for iPod/iPhone" headphones DON'T work on android. I doubt JB would change that. The only thing Google can do legal-wise is to natively implement double-press and triple-press for the main control button.

3 button headset made specifically for android are supposed to exist (Headset Droid supports them) but I haven't found any yet.

See this screenshot from HeadSet Droid:
9th July 2012, 01:10 AM |#21  
Junior Member
Flag almaty
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i am using htc headphones which has next and previous buttons with pause and it works very well in my stock rom 4.0.4. i was guessing that htc headphones will work in jelly bean or not.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes