Thanks Meter: 63

By Doodsz, Senior Member on 4th July 2012, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2013, 12:44 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanu_blr

I hv JY-G3 with mtk6577 running JB4.2.2 ( ANDROID 4.2.2 for JiaYu G3 by vredniiy ). with keytest app opened, and headset plugged in, i press the mic button (i hv single button headset), no info is shown. But i can see key codes for menu/back/vol+/-. But no info with mic button.

menu=82, scan_code= 139
back=4, scancode=158
v+=24, scancode=115, KEYC_VOL_UP
v- =25, VOL_DOWN, scan_code=114

I tried calling with headset inserted. opened keytest app, pressing the mic button, says keycode=0, keucode_uknown, scancode=231.

In the /system/usr/keylayout, i hv mtk-kpd.kl, generic.kl, accdet.kl and couple of other files.

in mtk-kpd file, i dont see HEADSETHOOK line, but its in generic.kl as 226,

in accdet, only few lines are present,
key 231 CALL
key 122 ENDCALL WAKE
key 166 MEDIA_STOP
key 163 MEDIA_NEXT
key 164 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
key 165 MEDIA_PREVIOUS
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
key 115 VOLUME_UP

the abve lines match with mtk-kpd file.

I tried adding key 226 HEADSETHOOK to accdet file, no change
I tried this http://forum.china-iphone.ru/post1038070.html#p1038070, still no change.
Is there any way i can make my mic key code recognize ???. Tried with different single button headsets, no luck

Did you search all other file for key 226 like this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38084909
I copy the whole key layout folder to my mac and use grep command.

29th September 2013, 06:22 AM |#62  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 654321

Did you search all other file for key 226 like this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38084909
I copy the whole key layout folder to my mac and use grep command.

i did try that too. found 226 key in below file.
Vendor_22b8_Product_093d.kl:# key 226 tbd reserved key
uncommented and changed tbd to HEADSETHOOK WAKE. rebooted. still keytest did not see any keycode, when pressed .
7th October 2013, 10:41 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshouki

Answer/reject not working using this method, kindly advise

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I have the same problem. I did everything as specified. Everything works like a charm except I cannot answer or hang up any calls using my single-button original Samsung head set. I have a SGS GT-I9000 running CM 10.1.3 (Stable).

I tried assigning both functions to key 226 but that did not help so I changed back (I rebooted in between changes).
9th December 2013, 11:18 PM |#64  

More
button does not answer now
I changed the keymapping and the music control is working perfectly with my jays control app. My only issue now is the button is not recognized when a call is coming in or on a call. This worked before I changed the keymapping. Is there a happy medium somewhere where the single button can control both music and answer calls?

Thanks!
7th January 2014, 10:16 PM |#65  

More
I have the same scenario though I'm using an Alcatel OT 5021e. No event unless phone is on a call. Please help.
10th February 2014, 12:55 PM |#66  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 103

More
I've made the app which does this key remap automatically: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643063 .
23rd September 2014, 04:27 AM |#67  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I was messing around with the Generic.kl file on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and now my Power, menu anc back button are not working. I changed the Generic.kl back to the original and restarted and still the same problem.
23rd September 2014, 05:56 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodsz

Not sure if there is already a thread like this but I just found out something that I found was pretty freaking awesome!
Was listening to some B.o.B when I tried clicking the volume buttons on my earphones. ( Monster/Nokia purity) then boom the buttons act as a previous and next. For me the volume down is next and obviously the volume up is the previous

And just found out that holding the middle button activates the voice search

Sent from my GalaxyJellyNexusBean using Tapatalk 2

Oh I didn't know this and will check it out thanks
2nd October 2014, 03:22 PM |#69  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstitch

I was messing around with the Generic.kl file on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and now my Power, menu anc back button are not working. I changed the Generic.kl back to the original and restarted and still the same problem.

I ended up going back to a Nandroid and eventually tried it again and once again if I try to change back to the original Generic.kl file the Power, Back and Menu buttons stop working even if I restore the original Generic.kl file. How can I fix this?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
12th October 2015, 09:43 PM |#70  

More
Tryed it and ****ed it up, cant use back menu or any button.. what to do now????
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)