FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which Kernel Out Of The 5 In The OP Do You Prefer Most?

AK

15 Vote(s)
7.85%
A.S.K.P

24 Vote(s)
12.57%
Golden

13 Vote(s)
6.81%
Mpokang

118 Vote(s)
61.78%
Tiny

21 Vote(s)
10.99%

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings

7,084 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,908

By Nephilim, Senior Member on 11th August 2013, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2015, 11:21 AM |#1651  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim

Basically I don't want to go too low because I try to keep a happy medium for the sake of battery life as well, if foreground apps are always running on the Gnex certain other apps that have a habit of restarting tend to do so frequently when the screen is off which keeps the device from having a good deep sleep period thus sucking massive battery in standby. Keep in mind I do a lot of fiddling with the minfrees when I have spare time but I just haven't found any settings yet that match the results I'm getting from my currently posted ones.

Thanks for the info. That's good to know. So am I right to think that I should make LMK values as low as possible (for better multitasking) provided I make sure apps do not keep my device awake? No other side effects you know of @Nephilim ?
8th March 2015, 03:10 PM |#1652  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
I Rule!!

├ćaa..\../
2nd June 2015, 09:56 PM |#1653  
Thanks Meter: 540

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim

Lollipop Minfree Settings:
(Be advised, you must have the Donation version of Trickster Mod in order to add minfree settings)

Forground App: 50
Visible App: 70
Secondary Server: 116
Hidden App: 130
Content Provider: 165
Empty App: 370

Is there a minfree/LMK app that shows which processes are in each category? It would make these settings easier to tweak if you knew what you were tweaking.

I wanted to compare these settings in CM: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88...ocessList.java -- but I don't know how to "quantitatively" compare! I'd need to compare by "feel"!
9th June 2015, 12:21 PM |#1654  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamtan2

Is there a minfree/LMK app that shows which processes are in each category? It would make these settings easier to tweak if you knew what you were tweaking.

I wanted to compare these settings in CM: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88...ocessList.java -- but I don't know how to "quantitatively" compare! I'd need to compare by "feel"!

From what I know there is Auto Memory Manager.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlogarF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlogarF Ad-Free
12th June 2015, 12:52 AM |#1655  
Thanks Meter: 540

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlogarF

From what I know there is Auto Memory Manager.

That is exactly what I was referring to! I can't believe no LMK tweaker has these data included to make tweaking possible!!! Thank you!!!
2nd May 2018, 08:57 AM |#1656  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Noob question ,pls help
In which app or interface do you change these settings.
2nd May 2018, 08:55 PM |#1657  
Thanks Meter: 717

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amankaif

In which app or interface do you change these settings.

Trickster Mod - mentioned in the OP
4th May 2018, 07:21 AM |#1658  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahimali

Trickster Mod - mentioned in the OP

Oh sorry didn't see that thanks ,but you can't change the zen control settings : general I/o tunables in the free version right? , Cause I cant spend money.
4th May 2018, 07:26 AM |#1659  
Thanks Meter: 717

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amankaif

Oh sorry didn't see that thanks ,but you can't change the zen control settings : general I/o tunables in the free version right? , Cause I cant spend money.

That is also mentioned in the OP - just go through it properly. It is mentioned there which settings require the Donation version of Trickster MOD.

You could try with Kernel Adiutor if you don't want to spend money on Trickster MOD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a.s.k.p kernel, dirtyv kernel, golden kernel, nephilim, tiny kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)