FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which Kernel Out Of The 5 In The OP Do You Prefer Most?

AK

15 Vote(s)
7.85%
A.S.K.P

24 Vote(s)
12.57%
Golden

13 Vote(s)
6.81%
Mpokang

118 Vote(s)
61.78%
Tiny

21 Vote(s)
10.99%

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings

7,084 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,908

By Nephilim, Senior Member on 11th August 2013, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2013, 02:04 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
OK jumbo jumbo jumbo jumbo ml

12th August 2013, 04:18 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
I just tried Golden kernel and your settings for the first time. (on a toro)
Set your settings up. Rebooted a few minutes later as I wanted to see if the settings would stick (running the most recent 4.3 slim rom and trickster mod app) The phone made it to the home screen and rebooted on its own. When it booted again there was a notification from trickster that I did a dirty boot and auto enable settings was disabled.

I redid all the settings, set them to apply on boot again. Used the phone for a bit and tried rebooting again. Same thing rebooted on its own upon hitting the home screen and another notification from trickster.

Went back to fancy kernel and my settings are now staying through a reboot as usual.

Any ideas anyone?
12th August 2013, 04:22 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout

Set your settings up. Rebooted a few minutes later as I wanted to see if the settings would stick (running the most recent 4.3 slim rom and trickster mod app) The phone made it to the home screen and rebooted on its own. When it booted again there was a notification from trickster that I did a dirty boot and auto enable settings was disabled.

I redid all the settings, set them to apply on boot again. Used the phone for a bit and tried rebooting again. Same thing rebooted on its own upon hitting the home screen and another notification from trickster.

Went back to fancy kernel and my settings are now staying through a reboot as usual.

Any ideas anyone?

What rom and android version are you on?

Sent from my AOSPA 3.96 Galaxy Nexus
12th August 2013, 04:23 AM |#24  

More
Slimbean and their most recent android 4.3 rom.

And I downloaded the kernel that was made for 4.3
12th August 2013, 04:24 AM |#25  
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 691

More
Quote:

Any ideas anyone?

Maybe ur phone can't handle under volting?

WHATCHOO TALKING BOUT WILLIS?
The Following User Says Thank You to fcisco13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fcisco13 Ad-Free
12th August 2013, 04:31 AM |#26  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,181

More
Quote:

Any ideas anyone?

If it happens again it might be useful to grab a last_kmsg. Might give a clue as to what specifically caused your reboots.

If you don't know, the easiest way to get this log is to, after a random reboot, just navigate to /proc and locate the file named last_kmsg.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szucsgf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift szucsgf Ad-Free
12th August 2013, 04:31 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcisco13

Maybe ur phone can't handle under volting?

WHATCHOO TALKING BOUT WILLIS?

This is definitely a possibility, I know a few people had to use default voltages to avoid issues with my settings in the past.

Another possibility is that some 4.3 roms have this issue with rebooting if the screen is not unlocked right away, no clue what causes it but it may be another option for what's causing the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nephilim Ad-Free
12th August 2013, 04:34 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by szucsgf

If it happens again it might be useful to grab a last_kmsg. Might give a clue as to what specifically caused your reboots.

If you don't know, the easiest way to get this log is to, after a random reboot, just navigate to /proc and locate the file named last_kmsg.

Glad to have you helping out in the new thread szucsgf, spread the word to other AK alumni, you all helped to make stefanos thread helpful to others, let's trying and do the same here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nephilim Ad-Free
12th August 2013, 04:36 AM |#29  

More
Thanks guys forgot to mention the second time I did not set the voltages just the main settings, no color either. First time this has happened since I jumped to 4.3. I will just stick to fancy for now been running smooth. Thanks for the help guys.
12th August 2013, 04:41 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks guys forgot to mention the second time I did not set the voltages just the main settings, no color either. First time this has happened since I jumped to 4.3. I will just stick to fancy for now been running smooth. Thanks for the help guys.

Man, I'm sorry that happened, hope you get it sorted out. Golden kernel is giving me insane battery right now!

12th August 2013, 04:44 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

Any ideas anyone?

I also had this issue what foxed it for me was setting the boot delay to 40 or 35 seconds

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to xain713 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xain713 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a.s.k.p kernel, dirtyv kernel, golden kernel, nephilim, tiny kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)