FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Off-Topic]Official and Only Off-Topic Thread For Galaxy Nexus! *Come and Chat here*

1,665 posts
Thanks Meter: 709

By evil_penguin, Senior Member on 16th October 2012, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th May 2015, 03:17 AM |#851  
Flag Harrisburg, SD
Thanks Meter: 1,512

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python.

Right. I've already got Fancy Kernel v60. So, would switching to LS still be faster than Slim? And how much does F2FS increase speed/smoothness?

Thanks for the reply.

In terms of updates, I haven't checked on dev progress for quite some time. So, I'm not sure where everything stands. I'm sure a lot of things have changed in the last 6 months.

But, I'm sorry for not elaborating on 'better'. I completely understand that each ROM is different. But as I don't have a lot of time at the moment, I don't have the ability to check each one. What I'm looking for is the fastest and smoothest experience. Although features like PIE Controls, Hover, etc would be really great, they're not essential. Battery life, speed and general ui smoothness are the key concerns for me. I was wondering whether LS3.2 + FancyKernel + F2F would offer that.

Poo's unofficial liquid is far faster than official builds. But try a few and see what suits you best, YMMV.
21st June 2015, 10:41 AM |#852  
Flag Albino (BG)
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good morning everybody,
I just want to introduce myself. I've been following the Galaxy Nexus development for quite some time, so today I decided to register.
I own a GSM Galaxy Nexus (maguro) since December 2011, and I've been very satisfied since then .
Kept it stock up until the very latest 4.3 official update, then when KitKat came out I decided it was time to try some modding. Again I was very impressed by the amounts of customization, tweaks and fixes made by the community. Simply amazing!

Now I'm running the latest ZMod and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Some issues with multi-tasking, but it's not a big problem for me (for now )
I'm sure I'll have a good time here!

Bye
10th October 2015, 08:33 AM |#853  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello all,
Also a satisfied user of Galaxy Nexus for 3 years.
Before the phone kicks the bucket, I decided, for the first time to give it one more chance with fresh software, following the stagefright fiasco.
The good news it that google has fixed those stagefright 1 and 2 bugs.

groups google com/forum/#!topic/android-security-updates/iv1BF0f0XY4

So I am looking forward to install ZMoD ROM
16th January 2017, 04:12 AM |#854  
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavpup

Hello all,
Also a satisfied user of Galaxy Nexus for 3 years.
Before the phone kicks the bucket, I decided, for the first time to give it one more chance with fresh software, following the stagefright fiasco.
The good news it that google has fixed those stagefright 1 and 2 bugs.

groups google com/forum/#!topic/android-security-updates/iv1BF0f0XY4

So I am looking forward to install ZMoD ROM

When Mom decided to move forward (and passed down her stock GNex to me), since I was already planning on moving to an MVNO that supported BYOD (thus I could choose any ROM that the GNex supported) I started with Marshmallow-based (and specifically CM13-based) ROMs - specifically, CM 13.1 itself. CM 13.1 isn't bad as far as firmware goes - however, CM13.1 did have a problem (it is, unfortunately, not unique to CM, either) - "animation stiction" (the boot animation can lag or even outright stall). After that experience, and a tryout of Omni 6.0 (same issue), I took a peek at Unlegacy 7.1 (my first N-based ROM I had any experience with). It quickly separated itself from the other ROMs due to having NO boot animation whatever. It's so plain and clean I call it "Mister Clean" - I keep it around for that same reason (though it isn't my current default). By contrast, my current default is the Android equivalent of ObjectDesktop for Windows - lots of customization options built in; rather amusingly, it's an unofficial build of PureNexus. Still, not all the options create piggishness in operation. The GNex N firmware is proving that you don't HAVE to throw lots of cores at Nougat to get workable performance out of it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)