FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

11,465 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,430
 
By efrant, Developers Relations / Senior Moderator on 30th December 2011, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2012, 01:57 AM |#1001  
efrant's Avatar
OP Developers Relations / Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11,430
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscher.bund

First off, thank you soooo much OP for this truley amazing

Secondly I appologize if you've answered this above, i read through 10 pages and I'm running out of time, have a flight in the AM tomorrow :*(

I'm both rooted and have an unlocked bootloader, I followed steps very carefully and applied my respective update zip (yakjuux ICL53F), problem is when I reboot no jelly bean is there do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Deutscher

There is no Jelly Bean for yakjuux -- it is only for yakju and takju at this point. You need to flash takju/yakju IMM76I by following this, then apply the JRO03C update.
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift efrant Ad-Free
 
 
15th July 2012, 02:43 AM |#1002  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
on it now, and I apologize for that. Thank you once again!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I love you I could cry :*(

Thank you soooooooooo much for all your hardwork
15th July 2012, 04:28 AM |#1003  
Technical's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
Donate to Me
More
OTA update failed
I'm with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 IMM76I root and with CWM and could not update using any OTA methods posted here.

I've used yakju JRO03C from IMM76I: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...I.f946a412.zip
I've tried with Bootloader locked and then unlocked.
I'm not at USA, so, I did not have Google Wallet in my stock Google ROM.

Error:
assertfailed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/gzip", "afdda757b27b444f525a0f41726d2c1a83012869 ..."
Status 7

Whatever this means...

By the way, I was offered the OTA by the system itself twice. One with Bootloader locked and the other with it already unlocked.
Both official OTA failed.

I can't understand why the OTA is officially offered and I could not apply it.
At both situations I was plugged on, battery full, wifi connected.
15th July 2012, 04:44 AM |#1004  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

Are you using CWM 5.5.0.2 as stated (in red) in the first post?

Yes, I was using 5.5.0.2. My problem was much more basic than that.

While my recollection was that I had gone from yakjuxw to yakju back in April, I had in fact gone to takju. Once I got the right update file from your update post (for takju), the upgrade (via CWM 5.5.0.2) went smoothly the first time. I'm not certain why the OTA update didn't take, but I wasn't able to grab the error message prior to figuring this out.

Thanks again for your help.
15th July 2012, 06:53 AM |#1005  
Senior Member
Flag London, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technical

I'm with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 IMM76I root and with CWM and could not update using any OTA methods posted here.

I've used yakju JRO03C from IMM76I: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...I.f946a412.zip
I've tried with Bootloader locked and then unlocked.
I'm not at USA, so, I did not have Google Wallet in my stock Google ROM.

Error:
assertfailed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/gzip", "afdda757b27b444f525a0f41726d2c1a83012869 ..."
Status 7

Whatever this means...

By the way, I was offered the OTA by the system itself twice. One with Bootloader locked and the other with it already unlocked.
Both official OTA failed.

I can't understand why the OTA is officially offered and I could not apply it.
At both situations I was plugged on, battery full, wifi connected.

you cannot apply the OTA if you don't have stock recovery.
15th July 2012, 09:26 AM |#1006  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
OTA Failed
Verifying current system...
file "/system/app/Gmail.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk", "21177453e64d114f4c208720a0f57d9765665a1d", "8c4ca9a52a3849b20f12219e7fc5a29b4ebe1ad1")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk", "21177453e64d114f4c208720a0f57d9765665a1d", "8c4ca9a52a3849b20f12219e7fc5a29b4ebe1ad1")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.


Just Busybox is installed in /system/bin.

Thank you for help.
15th July 2012, 11:20 AM |#1007  
Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
i am using 4.1
I tried to force update using "clear data" for google framework and then checking system update... I received notification for the system update... and download started automatically... checked in the logcat and below is the source:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...D.edfff6d3.zip

download completed successfully and it also said "verified" ...after I confirmed to restart the update... it booted into recovery... but installation aborted itself, saying verification failed...... I am using CWM... I think thats the reason for the upgrade to abort...and I should be on the stock recovery... any suggestions???
15th July 2012, 12:54 PM |#1008  
Senior Member
NC
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraheeemz

i am using 4.1
I tried to force update using "clear data" for google framework and then checking system update... I received notification for the system update... and download started automatically... checked in the logcat and below is the source:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...D.edfff6d3.zip

download completed successfully and it also said "verified" ...after I confirmed to restart the update... it booted into recovery... but installation aborted itself, saying verification failed...... I am using CWM... I think thats the reason for the upgrade to abort...and I should be on the stock recovery... any suggestions???

Flash the stock recovery then try running the update again? /system would need to be stock.

-----------

I replaced all the stuff I deleted in /system then flashed the update with cwm. Then I had to disable/rename the 'install recovery on boot' file and flash cwm again.

Can't wait to get the toro update file to JB and upgrade this way, so easy.

Thanks again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium via Verizon Wireless
15th July 2012, 01:55 PM |#1009  
efrant's Avatar
OP Developers Relations / Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11,430
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technical

I'm with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 IMM76I root and with CWM and could not update using any OTA methods posted here.

I've used yakju JRO03C from IMM76I: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...I.f946a412.zip
I've tried with Bootloader locked and then unlocked.
I'm not at USA, so, I did not have Google Wallet in my stock Google ROM.

Error:
assertfailed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/gzip", "afdda757b27b444f525a0f41726d2c1a83012869 ..."
Status 7

Whatever this means...

By the way, I was offered the OTA by the system itself twice. One with Bootloader locked and the other with it already unlocked.
Both official OTA failed.

I can't understand why the OTA is officially offered and I could not apply it.
At both situations I was plugged on, battery full, wifi connected.

From post #2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

[snip]

4) If you have installed busybox in /system/bin, then it over wrote some stock files. This has been covered in this thread. Read and fix it.

The has been address many times in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt08642

you cannot apply the OTA if you don't have stock recovery.

That's not what he was doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchenjeep

Verifying current system...
file "/system/app/Gmail.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk", "21177453e64d114f4c208720a0f57d9765665a1d", "8c4ca9a52a3849b20f12219e7fc5a29b4ebe1ad1")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk", "21177453e64d114f4c208720a0f57d9765665a1d", "8c4ca9a52a3849b20f12219e7fc5a29b4ebe1ad1")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.


Just Busybox is installed in /system/bin.

Thank you for help.

You must have modified your Gmail.apk file. Replace it with the stock one as per the instructions in the first post. As well, if you have busybox installed in /system/bin, you will have the same issue with other files (like mentioned above), so you will have to replace though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraheeemz

i am using 4.1
I tried to force update using "clear data" for google framework and then checking system update... I received notification for the system update... and download started automatically... checked in the logcat and below is the source:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...D.edfff6d3.zip

download completed successfully and it also said "verified" ...after I confirmed to restart the update... it booted into recovery... but installation aborted itself, saying verification failed...... I am using CWM... I think thats the reason for the upgrade to abort...and I should be on the stock recovery... any suggestions???

Yes, for the update to install OTA, you need the stock recovery -- if you want to install it, you need CMW. This was discussed in post #2.
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift efrant Ad-Free
15th July 2012, 02:03 PM |#1010  
Junior Member
Flag Steinfeld
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchenjeep

Verifying current system...
file "/system/app/Gmail.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk", "21177453e64d114f4c208720a0f57d9765665a1d", "8c4ca9a52a3849b20f12219e7fc5a29b4ebe1ad1")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk", "21177453e64d114f4c208720a0f57d9765665a1d", "8c4ca9a52a3849b20f12219e7fc5a29b4ebe1ad1")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.


Just Busybox is installed in /system/bin.

Thank you for help.

Hi,

I had an similar problem, but with "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/iptables"...."
I solved my problem with the method from Revoked in his post i ignored the first steps and started at step 4 but I chagend step 7 in "Remove the line saying: assert(apply_patch_check("/system/bin/iptables"......." or for you the line with GMail.apk. Then I updated my System and it works fine (using it 10minutes ) I know this might not be a professional way of solving the problem, but it works. ANd in case this solution won't work you can do a factory reset.

Greetings
Jan
15th July 2012, 02:41 PM |#1011  
efrant's Avatar
OP Developers Relations / Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11,430
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder21

Hi,

I had an similar problem, but with "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/iptables"...."
I solved my problem with the method from Revoked in his post i ignored the first steps and started at step 4 but I chagend step 7 in "Remove the line saying: assert(apply_patch_check("/system/bin/iptables"......." or for you the line with GMail.apk. Then I updated my System and it works fine (using it 10minutes ) I know this might not be a professional way of solving the problem, but it works. ANd in case this solution won't work you can do a factory reset.

Greetings
Jan

A factory reset won't do anything. Factory reset erases /data. It doesn't not do anything to /system. (An easy way to get /system back to stock is to flash the factory system.img from the same build your are using, but it will replace any changes you made to /system.)

As I stated before. Updates require all the files in /system. If you change them, fine: you either have to replace them, or do as you say and remove the assert check. However, by removing the assert checks, you could potential be cause issues, as the update may patch the existing files thinking they are stock files.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google, link, official, ota, update

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes